Five members of 2018 Canadian junior hockey team to face sexual assault charges

hokiecat

Super Star
It sounds like we should officially know the 5 names pretty soon too.

Based upon players taking a leave of absence, rumor mill would say Dillon Dube and Carter Hart are 2 of the NHL'ers. Also Alex Formenton granted leave by his Swiss team today. Cal Foote and Michael McCleod also granted leave of absences from the Devils today.

Hopefully the NHL comes down super tough on these guys. The allegations in the article are pretty damn disturbing. A Voynov punishment of "you're gone" seems about right.

edit, more info here: Hockey Canada scandal, explained: Five members of 2018 World Juniors team facing charges of sexual assault | Sporting News

Last edited:
.......just like when the NHL "punished" the Blackhawks.

What are the odds that Bettman says "We knew nothing and heard nothing about this until recently"

The NHL closet is full of skeletons. It's like whack-a-mole.

My favorite response on X so far...."And the NHL penalizes each of these teams with a #1 draft pick"

Wow, even with out the story the 2018 team doesn't have many big names.

BTW HF warned me not to post rumors, take the NY Post as a rumor.

BTW HF warned me not to post rumors, take the NY Post as a rumor.
Don't be a douche. You may disagree with their politics but Larry Brooks is in the HHOF.

Last edited:
I love Larry, read him every day.

It sounds like we should officially know the 5 names pretty soon too.

Based upon players taking a leave of absence, rumor mill would say Dillon Dube and Carter Hart are 2 of the NHL'ers. Also Alex Formenton granted leave by his Swiss team today. Cal Foote and Michael McCleod also granted leave of absences from the Devils today.

Hopefully the NHL comes down super tough on these guys. The allegations in the article are pretty damn disturbing. A Voynov punishment of "you're gone" seems about right.

edit, more info here: Hockey Canada scandal, explained: Five members of 2018 World Juniors team facing charges of sexual assault | Sporting News

Would think if found guilty, banning from NHL is least of their worries.

Sad that Canada Hockey tried to buy a way out!

I still think that if you take a teenaged boy away from their home, and put them to live with strangers, then they play in front of thousands of adoring fans & millions on TV, and everyone tells them how great they are & they could do no wrong, they might start to believe it & act like there’s no consequences to their actions.

Four National Hockey League players – Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube, and Cal Foote – have been directed to surrender to police in London, Ont., to be charged with sexual assault in connection with an alleged incident that occurred during a Hockey Canada event in the city in June 2018, two sources familiar with the matter told TSN.
The players are expected to surrender before the London Police Service holds a press conference on Monday to update the public on the high-profile case.

What are the chances Bettman and the NHL are going to completely botch their chance to finally take a stand against hockey's toxic culture......

From the liars known as the Calgary Flames:

On the 21st:

Today:
We have now become aware of the charge of sexual assault that has been laid against Dillon Dube. We take this matter very seriously. Because the matter is now pending legal proceedings, we will have no further comment at this time.

We had no knowledge of pending charges at the time Dillon’s request for a leave of absence was granted.

If you actually believe that I have a mountain of fertilizer on Bandini Blvd to sell you.

^^ I'm certain the NHL knew absolutely nothing about this whole thing as well.

Back
Top Bottom