Keeping things light

W

What party?

Lurker
If advertisers are walking back offers and pulling ads, will certain NHL players be active members of "the great resignation"? Will we come full circle and see players (for lack of a better word) defect?

Fun fact: Before 1989, Victor Nechayev, who played three games for the Los Angeles Kings, was the only player from the USSR to play in the NHL. First player to defect: Alex Mogilny.

Acknowledge that this may be uncomfortable or insensitive, so if this thread needs to be deleted or augmented, I get it and am sorry.

I felt old when players born after the USSR was a thing were drafted into the NHL.

And I barely remember the USSR.

What were we talking about now?

You know I searched my brain, heart and the urban dictionary for a joke. effing feckless.

It's a sad day when urban dictionary fails you. On the plus side they have updated their definition of Putin.

I felt old when players born after the USSR was a thing were drafted into the NHL.

And I barely remember the USSR.

What were we talking about now?
Sure, we're talking about Beatles songs with Airplane intros and how no one will ever score 76 goals in one season anymore.

Jam: Facts. And the new definition SWEET JESUS, that may win joke of the day. Kudos "i eat poop 69".

Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC
Didn't get to bed last night
Oh, the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man, I had a dreadful flight.........

*giggling* Sure we're singing songs and cracking jokes eight days in but something tells me the Caps game tonight will be a must watch. smh. It's going to get uglier before it gets better. oof =(

The top Russian Jr player, expected to go #2 in the 2022 NHL draft, suddenly has a serious health issue and is being treated in Germany. No details are disclosed at this time.

The top Russian Jr player, expected to go #2 in the 2022 NHL draft, suddenly has a serious health issue and is being treated in Germany. No details are disclosed at this time.
sure-disapproval.gif

On the plus side: Don Cherry does not have a platform to weigh in because something tells me he'd make Dominik Hasek look like (googling funniest back up) Robb Stauber(2-3-0 '94).

cringe-face-gif.gif

The Ukraine girls really knock me out.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4797027/ukrainian-tiktoker-teaches-drive-stolen-russian-tanks/

I feel bad for some, probably most, Russian players caught up in this. But not Ovechkin. He knew who Putin was when he was jailing, poisoning, & killing journalists, political rivals, & others who spoke against Putin. He could've stayed out of politics but instead chose to be Putin's BFF. And now because everyone hates Putin & anyone associated with him, he feels sad. But he made his choice & if he gets booed or yelled at, that's him getting off easy.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's going to defect or refect or whatever. Not when the Ruble is worth less than a penny & they can't even open the Russian stock market. They're all better off here at least until there's a regime change.

The Ukraine girls really knock me out.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4797027/ukrainian-tiktoker-teaches-drive-stolen-russian-tanks/

I feel bad for some, probably most, Russian players caught up in this. But not Ovechkin. He knew who Putin was when he was jailing, poisoning, & killing journalists, political rivals, & others who spoke against Putin. He could've stayed out of politics but instead chose to be Putin's BFF. And now because everyone hates Putin & anyone associated with him, he feels sad. But he made his choice & if he gets booed or yelled at, that's him getting off easy.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's going to defect or refect or whatever. Not when the Ruble is worth less than a penny & they can't even open the Russian stock market. They're all better off here at least until there's a regime change.

Yup. Bettman (and the NHL) rode that pony so hard and now he might have to take it behind the woodshed and shoot it.

Dude, if things go bad, Ovie may take Bettman with him. Then who will I unapologetically boo? Pfft.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom