Kings @ Kraken -- Sat 1/15

Kurisu

O Captain, My Captain!
LGKash:
$500.00
A friend of mine just mentioned that he's planning a trip up to see the Kings first game visiting the Kraken and I can't believe I hadn't even thought of that idea until tonight when he said it.

The game is on a Saturday, so it lends itself very nicely to a quick weekend trip and Seattle is a great town for a mini vacation.

Anyone from LGK have any plans to go up and see the new franchise this year?

A friend of mine just mentioned that he's planning a trip up to see the Kings first game visiting the Kraken and I can't believe I hadn't even thought of that idea until tonight when he said it.

The game is on a Saturday, so it lends itself very nicely to a quick weekend trip and Seattle is a great town for a mini vacation.

Used to be a great town. It's now an unsafe quagmire. Even Pioneer Square has stores whose employees won't come into work because it's so unsafe.

Actually yes. I live near Salem, OR and wanted to get up there at some point, so my wife and I can be that weird couple rooting for 2 different teams. What would be ideal... is that we're seeing Marriage of Figaro up there in May, so a little Kings/Kraken playoffs during that week would be perfect :winky2:

As for what aragorn said... Seattle's always been dicey. Though any big town always has been. I mostly just dislike driving there, though I used to drive a manual and those inclines are killer. I think it's plenty safe to visit for a sporting event, just maybe don't hang under dark bridges at night. If you've never been, and everything hasn't totally changed from a few years ago, you can get around pretty damn well with public transportation, though I imagine a giant stadium being built has changed things a bit.

Last edited:

we are thinking about it, game ticket prices are pretty high from what I've heard though I've yet to do my own research.

If you can't get a ticket to the game, just stay home and order calamari delivered.

Why go out to watch squid when you can eat it at home?

Used to be a great town. It's now an unsafe quagmire. Even Pioneer Square has stores whose employees won't come into work because it's so unsafe.

You understand where the Kings two arenas have been for the entirety of the franchise right?

You understand where the Kings two arenas have been for the entirety of the franchise right?

You act like you didnt appreciate the valet parking along Prarie Ave.........mhihi:

Back in the late 90's - early 2000's I used to take 2 buses from Koreatown to La Brea & Manchester & then walk the almost 1 mile to the Forum. Then when Staples opened I took the train into Downtown LA & occasionally rode a bike to games. I never got robbed, mugged, or had anything else bad happen to me. I'm sure being over 6 ft 200 lbs helped but I also acted like I belonged there. I don't mean to dismiss people's fear of crime in big cities. Crime does happen. But it shouldn't keep people from going to games.

I don't mean to dismiss people's fear of crime in big cities. Crime does happen. But it shouldn't keep people from going to games.

I live in Orange County and have taken the Blue Line from Long Beach frequently since way back and only really felt uncomfortable a couple times in all the years. One time after a game I mistakenly got on the Expo line and ended up in Culver City because I was zoning out staring at my phone the whole trip. By the time I backtracked to Pico and got on the Blue Line south it was really late and a lot sketchier than the usual post-game crowd. There were people on the train that late looking to make trouble happen, but that was honestly the only time I was ever genuinely nervous.

I'm not worried about downtown Seattle.

My cousin in Seattle won’t leave the house cuz his friend went to Pioneer square & became dead.
His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding.
So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied

My cousin in Seattle won’t leave the house cuz his friend went to Pioneer square & became dead.
His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding.
So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied

I mean, if the friend became dead, wouldn't the wedding be off regardless?

Back in the late 90's - early 2000's I used to take 2 buses from Koreatown to La Brea & Manchester & then walk the almost 1 mile to the Forum. Then when Staples opened I took the train into Downtown LA & occasionally rode a bike to games. I never got robbed, mugged, or had anything else bad happen to me. I'm sure being over 6 ft 200 lbs helped but I also acted like I belonged there. I don't mean to dismiss people's fear of crime in big cities. Crime does happen. But it shouldn't keep people from going to games.

How much p*ss did you have to apply to yourself along the way?

Some people are willing to overlook more of their future spouse's shortcomings than others.
Although I have at least three Niki Minaj and one ghost joke that zero people would appreciate; I think we should let this topic be. Noble, sorry Seattle was not kind to your friend thanks for being so open.

It has been forevvvvvvvvver since I lived in Seattle, Pioneer Square was always a bit like LA's (trying to gentrify)skid row in one square block. Homeless, mentally ill homeless, struggling storefronts -that may sell crack pipes- and all the things that accompany that company. Daytime is key and at a brisk pace, just score your H and go. =) It's such a tiny portion of the city, you'll be fine.

All things being equal: go to the game (read: while Francis still has a job).

You act like you didnt appreciate the valet parking along Prarie Ave.........mhihi:

What about the amazing eateries near The Fabulous Fourm... SIZZLER ACROSS THE STREET - Amazing pre-gamers

What about the amazing eateries near The Fabulous Fourm... SIZZLER ACROSS THE STREET - Amazing pre-gamers

my husband & I always used to eat at Numero Uno pizza. I think it was on LaCienega....not really super-close to the Forum, but definitely on the edge of Sketchy Town. Still my favorite pizza in the world, though. I think the N Hollywood one is still open? (if it made it through Covid....I should check)

my husband & I always used to eat at Numero Uno pizza. I think it was on LaCienega....not really super-close to the Forum, but definitely on the edge of Sketchy Town. Still my favorite pizza in the world, though. I think the N Hollywood one is still open? (if it made it through Covid....I should check)
It's alive and kicking

It's worse over the past year and a half. The police are nowhere now. All big cities have issues but law and order are on holiday and criminals have the run of the city there.

I think I only did Sizzler once and that was before a Depeche Mode concert in 86. We always grabbed food on the drive up from Torrance or ate some nachos at the forum.

I am getting excited about NHL hockey in the Pacific Northwest. :woot: