PK Subban

B

Bill Hicks

Lurker
Better get his as kicked in every game for a while. What a POS he's become with his slewfooting
and now he ended Blias' season.

Meh. Seems pretty on brand for New Jersey. In fact, if we were to rank top all-time ten dirtiest players for the Devils, he'd more that likely not make the cut. (peluso would be top 3)

Bill: I went through such a Bukowski phase (Read: nice avatar), like owned (almost)all of the books, bought a spoken word poetry reading, had the canvas tote bag and went to that bar in hollywood Musso and Frank's to talk to the bartender who used to serve him (he like the sweet jewish wine).

Now, his stuff kind of creeps me the eff out. *sigh* Growing as a person is really messing with my "edginess". PK would probably like him tho.

It has happened too many times in 14 games to be a coincidence, in my view.

I go in phases with him & William S. Burroughs. They're both acquired tastes and definitely not light reading.
I like Burroughs because he influenced Tom Waits and I love Tom Waits.
My favorite song writer ever.

Fair point, 14 games is more than a passing fancy. Welp, my baseless theory* is that now that he's slipping into obscurity as a defenseman he's going the "middle child" route and getting everyone's attention in a different way. C'mon Subban, you're better than this..!

*not watching many out of market games--but on my list of things to do.

Burroughs the wife killer, eh? Chuck and Bill are a pair to beat a full house for sure (for drunks that hate women). I'd get the same reaction at any/every bookstore when purchasing Buk, "wow, people who read this guy really loooovve this guy,(pause)...although, it's never a woman." Then we'd both laugh and I'd reassuringly say, "well, we both know why."

My love of the hard-charging hyper masculine nihilistic writers makes me fun at parties (she typed delusionally).

Fair point, 14 games is more than a passing fancy. Welp, my baseless theory* is that now that he's slipping into obscurity as a defenseman he's going the "middle child" route and getting everyone's attention in a different way. C'mon Subban, you're better than this..!

*not watching many out of market games--but on my list of things to do.

Burroughs the wife killer, eh? Chuck and Bill are a pair to beat a full house for sure (for drunks that hate women). I'd get the same reaction at any/every bookstore when purchasing Buk, "wow, people who read this guy really loooovve this guy,(pause)...although, it's never a woman." Then we'd both laugh and I'd reassuringly say, "well, we both know why."

My love of the hard-charging hyper masculine nihilistic writers makes me fun at parties (she typed delusionally).

People love Hunter S. Thompson. No accounting for taste, right? haha

People love Hunter S. Thompson. No accounting for taste, right? haha

*blushing* I own the [rare book] "The Curse of Lono" by hunter and it is displayed on my bookshelf right on top of "Orr on Ice".

Welp, typing on this thread is only making my stock price drop to an ungawdly level. =)

The thing with Hunter S. Thompson that he just needed ONE book to describe fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Philip K. Dick needed a whole body of work to describe fear and loathing in California. :grin:

The thing with Hunter S. Thompson that he just needed ONE book to describe fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Philip K. Dick needed a whole body of work to describe fear and loathing in California. :grin:

Googling, googling...Phil is a sci-fi writer? And, he managed to get his hatred for California in his books (plural)? Whoa. His wikipedia page says that he is "a master of paranoid fiction"; HST has to be on that list right? That poor bastard was always typing about "the fear".

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom