Savory Oatmeal

Dr. Tran

Top Forward
I('ve been eating oatmeal for most of my life. Usually I load it up with among other things sugar, honey, fruit, dried fruit, peanut butter, jelly, and whatever sweet thing I can think of that I had. But I realized if I had to put all that junk in it, then it wasn't very good. So recently I discovered savory oatmeal, where you add vegetables, proteins & other ingredients that aren't sweet. I made 2 versions of this. One was sautéed spinach, garlic, butter, poached egg, & cheese. The other was kimchi, butter, & poached egg. Both of them were so good. But you can add any leftover vegetables, bits of cooked meat, or cook it in broth. And I did poached eggs but over easy or sunny side up would be good since I like runny yolks. But has anyone tried this? What do you think?

I thi
I('ve been eating oatmeal for most of my life. Usually I load it up with among other things sugar, honey, fruit, dried fruit, peanut butter, jelly, and whatever sweet thing I can think of that I had. But I realized if I had to put all that junk in it, then it wasn't very good. So recently I discovered savory oatmeal, where you add vegetables, proteins & other ingredients that aren't sweet. I made 2 versions of this. One was sautéed spinach, garlic, butter, poached egg, & cheese. The other was kimchi, butter, & poached egg. Both of them were so good. But you can add any leftover vegetables, bits of cooked meat, or cook it in broth. And I did poached eggs but over easy or sunny side up would be good since I like runny yolks. But has anyone tried this? What do you think?

You sound like the perfect candidate for the S'Mores Cup o Noodles

I've been all about sweet oatmeal too, but recently I gave savory a shot and wow, it’s amazing. I tried adding sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and some crumbled feta—so good! I’ve also used leftover roasted veggies and a splash of salsa. It’s a nice change and really filling.

I've been all about sweet oatmeal too, but recently I gave savory a shot and wow, it’s amazing. I tried adding sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and some crumbled feta—so good! I’ve also used leftover roasted veggies and a splash of salsa. It’s a nice change and really filling.
Yes! Those are great additions.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back