The other teams thread

Oilers 0-2!

Nicolas Cage Someone GIF

Florida won the game, and give them (and Bob) ALL the credit for finding ways to do so, but the Oilers controlled a lot of that game. If this continues, the Oilers will win the series. They have too much firepower to be held down. Just like the Rangers - Panthers series, in which the Panthers controlled nearly all of the games. The Rangers were able to steal a couple thanks to Shesterkin (who played even better than Bob), but eventually the Panthers prevailed. That said, I think the Panthers found their legs in the 3rd and that should carryover into game 2.
Oh, the Panthers found their legs alright, and boy did it ever carry over into game 2. Be afraid, Edmonton. Be very afraid. Home ice will help them, but the Panthers have found their game.

Oilers fans on social disagree of course, as you might expect. Some saying it shouldn't have even been a penalty.
They’re so far gone.
The question is will 29 get suspended like Soucy was. Actually it is not a question since we all know the answer is no. The NHL will not do anything against an Oilers star player.
Which says how weak the DOPS is when it counts. Soucy’s was incidental but okay, after the whistle. It’s the league’s inconsistency that makes that suspension so insulting.

Drai could have easily laid a clean and hard shoulder check. He had time and space. To then abuse that time and space to purposely leap up and go for the head is a move bankrupt of character. He wasn’t avoiding anything. It was unrestrained, dirty intention.

Heh, so now the Cats have a two game lead in their series with the Soilers. Very good. Just two more games and Florida will win the ultimate prize. Keep at it, Cats.

The question is will 29 get suspended like Soucy was. Actually it is not a question since we all know the answer is no. The NHL will not do anything against an Oilers star player.

Well, the DoPS isn't going to do anything about it thanks to Parros leading the helm. Screw him and his cronies. They are an embarrassment to the league.

He left his feet and the direct point of contact was the head. I was shocked it wasn't a major.
Refs do make mistakes on the ice, but this has a chance to be corrected if the league looks at it and suspends Draisaitel. I don't know how anyone looking at him leaving his feet to deliver an elbow to the head could do anything other than suspend him. It's not his first offense since he was already fined this season by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety for cross-checking the back of the knee of Islanders forward Bo Horvat. He's a player that's getting dirtier by the minute.

Last edited:
This 2-0 is straight Martha Stewart in prison good thingness

This 2-0 is straight Martha Stewart in prison good thingness
I thought it was very important for Florida to win both games at home. Very good that they were able to do that. Aside from holding home ice it really puts pressure on the Oilers. But most importantly EDM now has to win four of the next five! Tough to think anyone can beat Florida four out of five.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back