Vancouver protocol list in double figures. "Level beyond any team in sports so far"

santiclaws

I was in the pool!!
Vancouver protocol list in double figures. "Level beyond any team in sports so far"

https://twitter.com/byterryjones/status/1378343011835252742

Reports out of Vancouver that Canucks situation on a level beyond any team in sports so far. Protocol list now into double figures. Brazil variant reportedly involved. Forget how this might impact trade deadline. You have to wonder if they'll be able to continue their season.

Gee, who knew that allowing practice to go on with a player testing positive could have bad consequences??

Last edited:
Remember when last year, Canada was the safest place from COVID vs. the U.S.?

Amazing what a competent vaccine roll-out can do.

So I don't think I'm interneting (whaa?) correctly. Tried searching for whatever "jokey" term they are calling the Vancouver team now that they are 25 players deep into Covid protocol; found nothing. Not "Covidnucks" or something actually clever. Not even a "rumor" that the goalie is getting his mask re-painted like 1918 black plague doctor. Hmmmm?

Are Canadians really that nice? Or (again) am I interneting wrong?
Little help?

So I don't think I'm interneting (whaa?) correctly. Tried searching for whatever "jokey" term they are calling the Vancouver team now that they are 25 players deep into Covid protocol; found nothing. Not "Covidnucks" or something actually clever. Not even a "rumor" that the goalie is getting his mask re-painted like 1918 black plague doctor. Hmmmm?

Are Canadians really that nice? Or (again) am I interneting wrong?
Little help?
I think you just found your purpose in life.

Vancouver Variants.
[Boom roasted]
tenor.gif

Well, I have put in the work. Commitment to the cause is the next logical step.
[stock photo of smarmy nihilistic jackass]

First result in a google image search for "stock photo of smarmy nihilistic jackass"

nayman_politic_films_bushII_ringer.0.jpg

First result in a google image search for "stock photo of smarmy nihilistic jackass"

nayman_politic_films_bushII_ringer.0.jpg

Hmmm. Welp, I blame the glass ceiling. Zero women? Shiiiiiiz. It's like my 2k post here are all in vain.

So Vancouver IS the Hollywood of the North after all.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1382818504970268676

The variant strain has impacted the Canucks differently and more severely than the previous CoVid cases around the league. Players are still sick. Concern for some they may not be able to return this season. NHL scheduling and rescheduling is recognizing day by day issues.

fRYVuJ.jpg

The cautionary whale?

Just think, somewhere in an alternate universe it's Toronto that has 25 players infected. Wonder if that commissioner just canceled the season? Hmmm...good times.

Wouldn't it be less space if they posted those players NOT on protocol???

Not only did they not cancel the rest of the Canucks season, but they played Sunday & they beat the Leafs.

https://canoe.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/rusty-canucks-buck-odds-beat-leafs-in-ot/wcm/a1e40e26-476c-4989-b125-42c2769e4bba

They missed 3 weeks & have played between 5-8 fewer games than anyone in their division. I wonder if they're going to play all 56 games. I think if the game determines a playoff seed for someone else then it should be played. But otherwise there's no need to play all their games. They could just use point percentage. And this goes for other teams that had cancelled games.

Last edited:
I just looked at the Canucks schedule & it's just dumb. Their last 3 games are against the Flames on May 16, 18, & 19. Before that they play the Flames on the 13th, Jets on the 14th, & Oilers on the 15th. No other games are scheduled on these days. Are they going to hold off on the playoffs to play mostly meaningless games? Or will they be playing them while the playoffs are on. And if so, who's going to watch?

^^ This is the NHL being amateur hour.....this happens far too often.

The Nucks should just be told to pack it in for the season.

It's really pointless.

Back
Top Bottom