What exactly were you expecting?

santiclaws

I was in the pool!!
LGKash:
$500.00
Did you see the personnel of this team before the season? Mostly over the hill vets and a few green kids sprinkled in. Mediocre goaltending. Below mediocre defense. Trying to integrate a bunch of new players (none of them named McDavid) into the lineup.

Given the opposition, anything better than 2-4 at this stage of the season would have been a minor miracle. Add in a bunch of injuries, including to our over the hill but by far best defenseman and 1-5 can hardly be a big surprise if you were paying any sort of attention. THIS TEAM WAS ALWAYS GOING TO SUCK.

They'll win some games, they will improve from 1-5, they may also improve on last years record if they get healthy and get hot at some point. But the bull**** about this team being a playoff team was always just that - bull****. The only reason anyone said this team might compete for a playoff spot is that the other teams in the division suck too. This does not, and did not, resemble a playoff team. At all.

I was expecting a bit more heart and hustle :/ and for the love of god put db on the third line already, if we are going to lose lets lose with a kid on each of the top two lines.

Our top line, along with Doughty, are our top point producers. Dustin is third in points. They're all plus players as well. So the top line is clicking. It's unfortunate that Doughty went down, and now Walker, not to mention Byfield, Lemeiux, AA and Andersson. A third of our d-men and a third of our forwards are now out. I get the whole injuries are part of the game thing, but which players are available to ice matters and we are thin to say the least. Vilardi has not been the same without Andersson. Seems like other than Byfield and Walker, the other guys should be available soon, and I imagine it will help.

I expected a hungry, passionate team with something to prove. Outside of the home opener, I've seen nothing but soft heartless scared amateurs other than Kopitar, Brown and Iafallo.

I think a new season always brings hope for any team.

But truthfully, I expected some sucking because it's the same management where kids don't really get a chance to prove themselves. But good golly, I didn't expect this constant amount of suck. Oh well, I'm not even mad. I think I've hit the point in my fandom where I don't care and can just laugh it off.

Realistically when you looked at the first six games, most would have said 0-6. So to win one and lose one in OT that is good. This team has zero identity and that is the coach's fault. Who are they? It's still a long season and they will have minor streaks. I had zero expectations and said this will be a throw away season but Im going to enjoy the games because if they win it will not be expected.

I did not expect anything with this team.

The system is the same. The staff is the same. The core is the same.

Outside of Kopitar, this team is crap.

Kempe - 2 good games in a row 12 bad ones in a row, why is he there?
Vilardi - Dying in this system
Doughty - If we are not playing Toronto, he may has well be our 3,4th defenseman.
Walker - Nope
Roy - Qanon kid could not hit the side of a barn with a side of a barn. Has already cost us some bad goals again this year.
Peterson - I have no idea what people are seeing in this guy, but at least he is not Quick.
Quick - Kill me now.
Maata - Why is he playing professional hockey?
Lizotte - put a plastic bag out there flying in the wind, same result.

The head stinks from the neck down.

This is now my longest post on LGK. I hate this team.

Coach is garbage. Always was, always will be. Mediocrity has been a Kings mainstay for years now.

This team will go nowhere with Todd.

Cut coach number 3 loose.
Then you have the same GM that picked coaches 1, 2, & 3 around to pick coach number 4.
Yup, you guessed it, you will need to get rid of the GM too, because you don't want the guy who picked the first 3 trash bin coaches to pick coach number 4.

Coach is garbage. Always was, always will be. Mediocrity has been a Kings mainstay for years now.

This team will go nowhere with Todd.

Cut coach number 3 loose.
Then you have the same GM that picked coaches 1, 2, & 3 around to pick coach number 4.
Yup, you guessed it, you will need to get rid of the GM too, because you don't want the guy who picked the first 3 trash bin coaches to pick coach number 4.

IF at the end of this year they are a lottery team , being 20 or above in GF , The whole management along with coaching staff needs to go asap. need someone from outside the Organization .

I actually expected them to start slow with the new bodies added. The win vs Vegas got me optimistic but now I'm back where I started. I think they will get better as the season goes along but won't be a playoff team and will generally be mediocre throughout the season.

Lots of . . .

venting-gas.jpg

About the only thing that's gone to expectations is that Danault has freed up Kopi tremendously.

Definitely expected to flirt with the basement this year, anyone counting on a playoff push cuz the rest of the division might be terrible had to know that was a fools argument.

The injuries suck because injuries suck. We would all love to be hanging on Byfields play instead of not.

I honestly dont know what to think of the coaching. Todd aside do we have to give yawney a pass? He's now gone two seasons where he's been forced to a 9th dman for significant time due to these injuries. Todd may be a nice pinata for the moment but I seriously don't know how to evaluate him in this environment. Not when my expectation for this season was for some of the rookies to outplay the system.

So to sum up, I was expecting to play with my shiny new toy and it ****ing broke coming outta the box.

Just like someone pointed out in the GDT - Have we stopped hitting?

It is insane that the Kings turn away from hitting a guy with the puck at the last second rather than following through and delivering the hit. HITTING guys tires them out, makes them pass or dish off the puck quicker and sloppier, and make them rush plays unnecessarily resulting in the kind of bad passes, etc. that plague the Kings as the other teams follow through on their hits against Kings players.

This is absolutely coached! We've seen every team we have played so far finish their check and we have seen the Kings deliberately NOT finish their checks regularly against each of those teams.

Then add in the useless 1-3-1 defense that gives the other team half of the rink to get momentum before there is any pressure, and (to quote the thread) What exactly were you expecting?

I think some of us (me) had unrealistic expectations and some of us knew this team wasn't good enough to compete. I think the concern is that last year when the wheels fell off for that last month it got ugly and somehow it seems we're already at that stage this year. This team is not good enough to compete yet - fine, but this team doesn't quite look like they know how to play hockey a lot of the time... that I did not see coming.

What was I expecting? Exactly what we are getting. This isn't a shock.

jom