The Hero!, good person, cool and neat stuff, all around good stuff thread.

Kings Provisional

Bar room hero
So I started the "F'ed up and sick" thread and I don't always want to be a Debbie Downer so here is a thread at the other end of the spectrum: Good people doing good things along with cool and good things.

I'll start with Sir Nicholas Winton a 105 year old Brit who saved 669 children in WWII. Saw this story the other night on 60 Minutes and it was amazing. This guy took it it upon himself to save Jewish children from certain death.

Nicholas Winton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the 60 Minutes clip, pretty moving.

As for someting cool..

Horton Meets A ... Who? Introducing The Kwuggerbug, From Seuss' 'Lost Stories' : NPR

Dr. Seuss rules!

AWESOME!
I love dogs so: Man Rescues Dog from Coyote Attack in Seal Beach - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Coyote wanders into a property. Little dog wants to protect its territory, but gets snatched up by coyote. Neighbor dude hears the screams, dude sprints towards coyote, coyote lets dog loose. Dog is a-ok. Awesome going neighbor dude. Dude deserves a reward. Or, maybe a couple of tickets to a Kings game.... If anyone knows him.

3NscqEa.jpg

Shout out to all the people that immediately got on the phone, and social media to help the little white dog that was ran over during Wednesday s police chase. Little guy is pulling through, and high hopes his leg will be saved.
Seeing it live was gut wrenching and sickening.

http://ktla.com/2014/09/18/dog-recovering-after-being-struck-by-van-during-police-pursuit-in-south-l-a/

Such an adorable little guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky for the customer it wasn't a donut delivery. (Too easy, I had to go there.)

Gordo the fluffy white dog went home yesterday. Major kudos to all of those that helped pay for his medical bill. The unused donations are being donated to the Culver City K-9 unit.
Awful story, turned good. By the general public.
Gordo the chase dog goes home - Videos - CBS News
Now, I just hope someone kicks the crap out of Gordo's owner, for letting that cute little critter run loose like that.

Now, I just hope someone kicks the crap out of Gordo's owner, for letting that cute little critter run loose like that.

What?
Do you know for a fact that the owner had fault in that? Have you ever owned dogs?
Have your dogs ever gone crazy because of a lot of noise and commotion? Maybe like several helicopters circling your nehighborhood for the better part of an hour ... maybe a little bit of police sirens, flashing lights, police helicopter light... How do you know the dog just didnt freak out, and escape... Or like a lot of dogs do, when there is so much commotion, try to protect their territory.

I saw a news report and it said the reason Gordo was out was that the owners young kids accidently left a gate open and that normally the dog is not allowed out of the yard.

I saw a news report and it said the reason Gordo was out was that the owners young kids accidently left a gate open and that normally the dog is not allowed out of the yard.

So, the reasonable thing to do is "kick the crap out of" the kids that allowed the dog to escape?

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom