Previous Meetings

11/18/23 -- Blues 1, Kings 5
2024-G47-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 11:00AM in the morning**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2024-G47-Pic2.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Phillip Danault (video), Mikey Anderson & Todd McLellan 1/26/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Mikey Anderson
On his takeaways from tonight’s game

I mean, I thought overall, the whole game was maybe a little more structured from us than we were in the last one versus Buffalo, but the same thing. A few breakdowns, they execute. Obviously they’ve got some good players, high skilled and plays that didn’t really go our way, they found a way to capitalize on. Hard to come back after you give up three pretty early.
On mistakes and poor game management leading to the goals against
Maybe a little bit of both, I’m not sure exactly what led to every goal, I haven’t watched them all, but yeah, I think everything’s kind of moment to moment. Over the stretch, it’s been some systematic, some individual but as a group, we know we have it, we’ve just got to stop talking about it and do it.
On what he, as a team leader, feels is missing overall right now
I think just the little details that we had going at the start of the year have gotten a little more lax. All the way through, starting maybe with the backend, we talk about breakouts and then it kind of leads its way up to everything else. Obviously, we know we have a good group in here, we have the right pieces, but at the same time we’ve got to start taking ownership of it as a group and then turning this around.

Todd McLellan
On his assessment of tonight’s game

Wrong end of it. I thought we started well and then gave a couple of goals up from distance and that set us back, but we had our opportunities to score as well, to pull ourselves back in the game and we didn’t do that. So, again, both ends of the ice.
On the goals against in the first period, and not capitalizing after stretches of positive play
The goals that were scored, you know, they were shots from a distance that were screened, it’s not just on the goaltender. There’s not a lot of system or tactic in that, it’s a 1-on-1 situation and those happen. I think the third one went off Englund’s foot and came right back to them. When you get down to a team like this, it’s hard to come back, but I thought our guys stuck with it for most of the night. The last five minutes wasn’t wasn’t a good five minutes for us by any means, but I thought we stuck with it.
On the Kings shifts coming off goals either way, that aren’t generating the needed momentum
You want to reestablish what you had going and again, I talked about the first 10 or 12 minutes of the game wasn’t bad, we played well. We were a little hesitant, I thought, in our breakouts. We knew what to do, but we weren’t executing very quickly and it made us look a little bit slower breaking out. As far as rebounding after a goal, we expect that both for and against even when we do score goal, we’ve got to respond with a good effort.
On if he felt like the fourth goal was the backbreaker
We call it a dirty puck or a loose puck in the neutral zone, all three forwards reached for it and all of a sudden it’s a 4-on-2 going the other way. That one hurt.
On the process of defending Colorado
In my opinion, they have a line that plays a lot and they’re very good and they play a little different than the other three lines. So, it’s a different game depending on who you’re on the ice against. They’re very quick and very confident, they escape well, their backend is so active that you have to keep an eye on them too, to try and prevent.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G46-KF.png

2024-G46-KD.png

2024-G46-KGI.png

BLUES PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G47-BF.png

2024-G47-BD.png

2024-G47-BGI.png

Former King

Brayden Schenn
2023-G16-B-Schenn.png

___________________________________________________________________________________

GOALIE COMPARISON
Blues
2024-G47-Blues-Goalies.png
Kings
2024-G47-Kings-Goalies.png

2024-G47-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2024-G47-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

Since it's a stupid start time, I'm doing a stupid question:
Name ANY KING who is going to score a goal today.
You can take 4 guesses and will get 1 point for EACH correct answer
If your guessed player scores more than 1 goal,
you will get 1 point for every goal scored by them
*SHOOTOUT GOALS WILL NOT COUNT*

Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the 2nd goal scorer of the game would be O'Connor
and/or that there would be 2 goals scored in the second period:

Both (2 points):

randdog
Drum4Pigs
forum gold

O'Connor (1 point):
Rusty

2 goals (1 point):
AngelEyes
SaltyPuck
symbology
Guinevere
beady eye
waynet
KHenry14
Liz4LA
hornman
empire

Kings of the Mountain with 31 points - Angel Eyes & forum gold

29 points = notbob

28 points = hornman, Nyssa42

27 points = VegasHockey

26 points = mugs, Randdog, Rusty

25 points = Jerram

24 points = Cross Traffic, KernCoKingsFan

23 points = beady eye, Dr Tran, Guinevere, SirJW

22 points = Chateau Bow Wow, katydid213, puckoff

21 points = jammer06, VCRW

20 points = clif, empire, Kurisu, Shackleford

19 points = Rogie-Vachon

18 points = DRGinLBC

17 points = Byron, CIrvine, dannybuoy1, DRice, JayWells24, Liz4LA, pray4mojo, waynet

16 points = KHenry14, TooCool

15 points = Madness20721, Rinkrat, Rog or Reg?

14 points = Bill Hicks, hihocarp, Salty Puck

13 points =

12 points = Drums4Pigs

11 points = Madness20721, sonnyboy11

10 points = Sevenhole, symbology

9 points =

8 points = cokingsfan, Ice24

7 points = JETS GARAGE, rfischer

6 points = Busted Chops

5 points = Dexter, fake_it_make_it

4 points = beedee

3 points = HiFi

2 points = Ragbone

1 point = JC6388LAKings, PuckMaster, STONE

2024-G47-Pic3.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings X

Doing guesses now because I'll be busy in the morning

Kempe
Fiala
Grundstrom
Laferriere

GO KINGS GO!!!

Thanks Susan!!!

Pffft.. let's go with.....

No one
Fagemo
Kopitar
Fiala

Fire Todd!!!!!!

Thanks Nyssa and Jammer

Moore
Fiala
Kopi
Byfield

Go Kings Go! Can you pull yourselves completely out of the quicksand and get some wins please!

Bet the arena is half full with the Afc title game starting ar 12. Great scheduling Blues.

Fiala
Please
Moore
Kempe

Thank you Nyssa!

Moore
Kempe
Kopi
Nobody

Hope turcotte just gets to play his game

Thank you Nysaa!!!!!

Moorzy
QB
Foggy
Laffy

Go Kings, and I really freakin mean it this time you *&(*$&(#$&*(#$#($^ ers!!!!!!!!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom