All Things:AMC television

Lodge 49 Premiere Review: A Charming Series That Delights In Being Odd
https://screenrant.com/lodge-49-series-premiere-review/

I think I am really gonna like this. Kurt Russel's kid Wyatt is perfect for this part.

But the pleasure in Lodge 49 is in they way it thrills at being an odd little show that, like its charming protagonist, marches to the unconventional beat of its own drummer. Viewers’ mileage will certainly vary with regard to its deliberate pace, however. Like other summer series such as HBO’s Sharp Objects or Hulu’s Castle Rock, Lodge 49 may be best suited to being a binge-watch. Something AMC seems aware of, as subscribers of the network’s streaming service will have access to the full season on the day the show premieres. For everyone else, though, it’s worth it not only to stick with the series until the end, but also to enjoy the slow, simple pleasures of the show’s idiosyncratic sensibilities.

Last edited:
Ok, despite the shakeup, Fear The Walking Dead is still the better show because of this...

Well it took almost a season, but finally a decent episode of the Walking Dead. We shall see if it lasts, but this weeks episode was actually pretty tense. I thought they were gonna kill a baby. Would have been a BOLD move. But I am actually glad it didn't happen.

Great s9 finale on The Walking Dead. Much more comic like. Dark...moody...just good. Focused on Daryl/ Carol, and Ezekiel does some great work. A lot of future threads woven into a quiet...but stuffed episode.

There is a very obvious zombie tribute at about the 9 minute mark.

'Preacher' Season 4 to Be Final Season, Premiere Date Announced
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/04/08/preacher-final-season-4-premiere-date/

Good riddance. The show never lived up to the source material simply because they miscast Jessie & Tulip. They made both characters highly unlikable and never established their intense love that was the focal point of the comics.
They got a few things right, but never really made it feel cohesive.

'Preacher' Season 4 to Be Final Season, Premiere Date Announced
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/04/08/preacher-final-season-4-premiere-date/

Good riddance. The show never lived up to the source material simply because they miscast Jessie & Tulip. They made both characters highly unlikable and never established their intense love that was the focal point of the comics.
They got a few things right, but never really made it feel cohesive.

I only watched the first season. It's a lot of your naysaying that turned me off from watching the rest, haha. ;)

Actually, I was never convinced and didn't hear enough from anyone else here or elsewhere to convince me to keep on watching.

Remember when we were all younger and clearer eyed and hoped that one day Preacher would get a show or movie...

I only watched the first season. It's a lot of your naysaying that turned me off from watching the rest, haha. ;)

Actually, I was never convinced and didn't hear enough from anyone else here or elsewhere to convince me to keep on watching.

Remember when we were all younger and clearer eyed and hoped that one day Preacher would get a show or movie...

I made it half way through season 2 and threw in the towel. It was just not very good or not even entertaining imho.

Hey, you quit because you quit. I said some nice things too. Last season really came close. But the miscasting just sullied everything.

Anyone stick with and catch the finale of Into the Badlands?

Story arc was a bit "off the rails" this season but the choreography....my word. I'm going to miss this show.

And that oh so amc-esque cliffhanger-ish ending? Go pick it up Netflix and do a 2 hour movie or something.

The Terror Season 2 Gets a Premiere Date & First-Look Images
https://screenrant.com/terror-season-2-infamy-premiere-date-images/

I am putting this here because I am bored, haha.

Actually, this dude's videos are pretty interesting so I will certainly watch this.

Like I said somewhere, The Terror is based on fact and they were setting themselves up by naming their ship The Terror. :p

It's good that this will continue and continue to be based on historical events. A lot they can do with the format, actually. :good:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom