All Things: Directors

adgy-san

PJ Harvey is God
A kind of catch-all for anything related to directors. Instead of having 20 different threads for 19 different directors.

Quentin Tarantino Crosses Over With Zorro In Django Unchained Sequel, With Dynamite, DC Comics And Matt Wagner - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

This one is just team-up upon team-up. Dynamite Entertainment and DC Entertainment are set to co-publish a story co-plotted by Quentin Tarantino and Matt Wagner where Django meets Zorro.

From what we are told, Tarantino considers this a sequel to Django Unchained and it was worked out between the filmmaker, the comic legend Wagner and Reginald Hudlin who adapted the original screenplay, was a producer on the film and will be working as editor on the series.

Watch: Tim Burton's 1983 30-Minute 'Hansel & Gretel' For Disney Channel Halloween|The Playlist

it’s likely many Burton fans are unaware this even exists, as this writer didn’t—from 1983: an adaptation of the classic Brothers Grimm tale "Hansel and Gretel" that aired as a half-hour Halloween TV special for the then-nascent Disney Channel. The very weird (obviously) Burton-directed short film had a budget of $116,000, was shot on 16mm and starred a cast of unknown Japanese actors.

Watch: Werner Herzog Names His Favorite England Soccer Player Plus 1-Hour TV Special From 1982|The Playlist

Back in 1982, ITV focused an entire episode of "The South Bank Show" to Werner Herzog, and as usual, you should probably watch it. Across 60 minutes, it jumps around with the director, highlighting his films to date, talking with him about his work with Klaus Kinski, showing him reading dramatically on a train and ... talking about soccer. In fact, you'll see Herzog play soccer, as he talks about his fave English footballer Glenn Hoddle.

Am I the only one that hopes that Nic Cage becomes WH's late career Klaus Kinski?

Images From Ridley Scott's New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

ex2-600x372.jpg

I was totally going to Meh on this until I saw that picture. I do love me some Sigourney Weaver.

Maybe Christian Bale will play a better Moses than Heston, but can he also play a Mexican?

I still prefer a Veggie Stories Exodus story. It's time to set my pickles free. mhihi:

And I still want to write a Biblical Screenplay. Perhaps an erotic thriller with David and Bathsheba like the sex thrillers Brian DePalma used to make. :p

Kevin Smith Provides Update On 'Clerks 3,' Planning 'Tusk' Spinoff & Is At Center Of Latest 'Batman v. Superman' Rumor|The Playlist

"Clerks 3," which for a while Smith was saying would be his next film with plans to shoot this past May, has hit a major roadblock. "[The Weinsteins] passed. I went in with a $6m budget and they were, like, ‘Oh no Kevin, this is too high’. Bob offered us distribution but they weren’t going to finance it," the writer/director told Screen Daily.
But Smith has so many other projects percolating, he can just pivot to something else, and he's already working on a spinoff to his upcoming body-horror movie "Tusk." “Like Tusk, ['Yoga-Hosers'] sprang out of a podcast,” Smith said to Screen Daily. “There are two characters in a convenience store in 'Tusk' that you see for five minutes, very much Ronsencrantz and Guildenstern. I’ve built a whole movie around them and I have brought one of the other characters from Tusk back.”

Kino Lorber: Ken Russell's Billion Dollar Brain Heading to Blu-ray

U.S. distributors Kino Lorber have confirmed that they will release on Blu-ray director Ken Russell's thriller Billion Dollar Brain (1967), starring Michael Caine, Karl Malden, Ed Begley, Fran?oise Dorl?ac, and Guy Doleman. The release is scheduled to arrive on the U.S. market on October 7th.

Not a bad movie at all. Maybe not as bat**** as some of Russell's other work, but worth a watch!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom