All Things:Pub Snacks

jerseydevil

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes

33 Undiscovered Snacks You Need To Try
https://medium.com/@mantry/33-undis...bcf663635?mc_cid=d8e22a2b6c&mc_eid=73440ddbb4

Ok. Some weird stuff there...but some of it...GOTTA GET.

5WNn9as.jpg

Hot Fries are amazing as well...

Eff me, this is Aussie. Innit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can one purchase those BeerMan? Is that corn in the UTZ snack?

btw, if you can, post where snack(if not a major item) can be obtained.

Andy Capp fries btw are at most rite aids, 7/11, walmart...

I'm a big fan of the Japanese peanuts (popular Mexican snack, obviously...they're AKA cacahuates Japones). You can get them almost everywhere. Those little $0.59 bags of Frito-Lay sunflower seeds at the liquor store or gas station usually have the peanuts right next to them. But there's a Filipino version that takes it up a notch: Cracker Nuts.

61tqMZEgOEL._SY400_.jpg

If you have a 99 Ranch or Seafood City (or a Filipino market of any kind) near you, they'll be there. And they're worth the buy. Amazon has them as well, but a little more pricey.

I'm a big fan of the Japanese peanuts (popular Mexican snack, obviously...they're AKA cacahuates Japones). You can get them almost everywhere. Those little $0.59 bags of Frito-Lay sunflower seeds at the liquor store or gas station usually have the peanuts right next to them. But there's a Filipino version that takes it up a notch: Cracker Nuts.

61tqMZEgOEL._SY400_.jpg

If you have a 99 Ranch or Seafood City (or a Filipino market of any kind) near you, they'll be there. And they're worth the buy. Amazon has them as well, but a little more pricey.

we were in sprouts the other day and my favorite word ever is Cacahuate. So Cacahuates Japonese...I was in heaven. They looked tasty. Ok, thanks

we were in sprouts the other day and my favorite word ever is Cacahuate. So Cacahuates Japonese...I was in heaven. They looked tasty. Ok, thanks

They're the best. There's also a great site called Firehouse Flavors (formerly Firehouse Pantry - http://www.frehousepantrystore.com). They sell all kinds of seasonings and spices. I've made many many batches of my own flavored peanuts using their stuff (bacon powder, beer powder, all kinds of cheeses). Just roast the peanuts, lightly coat them in butter and sprinkle with the seasoning and let cool. Noms.

Where can one purchase those BeerMan? Is that corn in the UTZ snack?

btw, if you can, post where snack(if not a major item) can be obtained.

Andy Capp fries btw are at most rite aids, 7/11, walmart...

CostPlus World Market. not sure of the corn but dude, the combo is like crack!

61tqMZEgOEL._SY400_.jpg

I like these as well, however, they are made with MSG so I really have to keep it down to small portions. They are also at Superior markets.

I like these as well, {Excised} have to keep it down to small portions. They are also at Superior markets.

ftfy: Please. Do not bring science, salt content, farm to table, artisan or any of that nonsense here.
This is a thread that started with Andy Capp Hot Fries. I like to think of this as a supplement to the ALL THINGS: That Go With Beer thread

ftfy: Please. Do not bring science, salt content, farm to table, artisan or any of that nonsense here.
This is a thread that started with Andy Capp Hot Fries. I like to think of this as a supplement to the ALL THINGS: That Go With Beer thread

I get it. Didn't intend to steer it that way.

Haven't seen these lately but loved them:

picklepopcorn-01.jpg

Did somebody say pickles? :pickle:

Honestly, all these suggestions are making me think that I should start snacking while drinking instead of just drinking some more, haha. ;) :hungry:

i've had pickled pigs feet in FL but never tried one of the pickled eggs from the bar jar.

Joe Jost in LBC is famous for pickled eggs.

They're killer. They're extremely easy to make at home, too. I have some sitting on my kitchen counter right now. Just buy several jars of Mezzetta hot chili peppers, empty them into a container and throw in some hard-boiled eggs. They're ready in a day or two, and keep almost indefinitely. The Joe Jost's "secret recipes" out there with a list of several ingredients are just red herrings. It really is as simple as I described.

These peppers: http://www.mezzetta.com/product/10100117.html?Search=mezzetta

And they must...must be served with a dusting of black pepper and a heap of pretzels.

They also go great with a schooner and a Joe's Special sammich.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a few pub and grills and went fully for the bar meals... One had a kung pao chicken dinner on Thursdays that was as near perfection that even I couldn't clone it 100%... The perfect combination of heat...savory...sweet and sour... The rest of the week was mostly routine chicken lo mein...fried rice and some other Chinese entree...but Monday's Mongolian beef and the Thursday dinner was worth it alone... The owner's wife was from the Sichuan province and rarely varied from that style of cooking... Other than an unsweetened iced tea...I rarely ordered anything of a liquid nature from them...

Joe Jost in LBC is famous for pickled eggs.
We used to go to Joe's after court in L.B., if we got away early. Bad thing is this place is "on the way to nowhere", but still well worth the trip. And btw, the same spider webs are still in the rafters in the back area

Back
Top Bottom