All Things:Reboots, Re-imaginings, and re-USE!!!!

Cards on the table, I’m a fool for a sci-fi comedy. Even if this movie is bad, it might still be kind of good. Men in Black International. Oui. Thanks Dolphin.

Have fun at your Aquaman birthday movie tomorrow. I’ve seen the trailer twice, totally lost, so I’ll leave it to the professional comic book people to enjoy.

Cards on the table, I’m a fool for a sci-fi comedy. Even if this movie is bad, it might still be kind of good. Men in Black International.
It's a fun franchise. I also may or may not be slightly in love with Tessa Thompson.

Hellboy looks pretty decent, too. Shame Ron Perlman isn't in it. But I like the new guy, too.

Last edited:

Is it any surprise I have lost my passion, which has fueled my maniacal drive to post everything and anything? Hellboy looks...average. Nice practical design on David Harbour, and you can't fail with Ian McShane as Professor Bloom. But...it all seems wrapped in amorphous low end CGI. The whole thing screams 'at a discount'. I want to like it, and Harbour deserves a break after toiling for a really long time...but, I'm not feeling it.
And MiB. Ok...duh. Clearly Tessa Thompson is the daughter of Will Smith/Rosario Dawson...somehow. The trailer takes 2 minutes before you even see any alien...AND once again, just some shoddy CGI. There neither seems to be humor or creativity involved. A watered down attempt to make a genre movie with pretty people and a vacant script.
And I can't even get mad about it. I just don't give a rats ass like I used to.

Legendary Taps Green Room’s Macon Blair To Helm The Toxic Avenger Reboot
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...-rooms-macon-blair-helm-toxic-avenger-reboot/

Not sure how I feel about this. Could it be good? Will Legendary...which is now owned by foreign interests, make this weird? Or will they neuter it? The original is...Troma at it's best. The sequels got weird. Real weird.
Like I said, not sure about this, but since making a SAFE movie out of the Toxie concept makes very little sense...cautiously optimistic.

Legendary Taps Green Room’s Macon Blair To Helm The Toxic Avenger Reboot
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...-rooms-macon-blair-helm-toxic-avenger-reboot/

Not sure how I feel about this. Could it be good? Will Legendary...which is now owned by foreign interests, make this weird? Or will they neuter it? The original is...Troma at it's best. The sequels got weird. Real weird.
Like I said, not sure about this, but since making a SAFE movie out of the Toxie concept makes very little sense...cautiously optimistic.

James Gunn would've been obvious. Don't think I'm familiar with the guy they chose so I hope it works out cause I ****in love Troma.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom