All Things: STEPHEN KING

Okay so this is a Stephen King thread. I'm a huge fan. The Dark Tower series of novels and how it's going to be brought to either the big screen, the small screen, or a combination of the two. Last I heard, Ron Howard has the go on doing something with it, but what I'd really love to see is how Peter Jackson would do it. His epic Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit movies are just awesome. Either Peter Jackson, or bring The Dark Tower to HBO like Game of Thrones. That would be sweet.

yeah...well. Someone is gonna take a run at it sooner or later. All I know is..the books are always there. And if you haven't...YOU SHOULD

Hulu Gives Bad Robot's 11/22/63 a Direct-to-Series Order

Hulu made the announcement today, making this Hulu and WBTV’s very first original programming collaboration. Abrams, King, Carpenter and Bryan Burk will all executive produce. Here’s what Abrams had to say about the project:
“I’ve been a fan of Stephen King since I was in junior high school. The chance to work with him at all, let alone on a story so compelling, emotional and imaginative, is a dream. We are thrilled to be working with Hulu on this very special project.”
And here’s what King added:
“If I ever wrote a book that cries out for long-form, event TV programming, 11/22/63 is it. I’m excited that it’s going to happen, and am looking forward to working with J.J. Abrams and the whole Bad Robot team.”
There’s no word on when the series will go into production or when it will be released, but Hulu will handle domestic distribution while Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution unleashes it overseas.
Here’s the synopsis of 11/22/63:
Based upon the best-selling 2011 novel written by King and published by Scribner, 11/22/63 is a thriller in which high school English teacher Jake Epping travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. But his mission is threatened by Lee Harvey Oswald, his falling in love and the past itself … which doesn’t want to be changed.

Ok Roenick and all who read this...they BETTER get the chick from Game of Thrones for the female lead. PERIOD.

Ok

Josh Boone Now Says THE STAND Will Be Four Movies With a Cast The Will “Blow People’s Minds
Read more at http://collider.com/the-stand-four-movies/#pKtmrDWJ2J3AXKQi.99

I'm listening...

As brilliant as the first 95% of The Stand is, people would just looooove to spend years watching eight hours of movies only to get to that ending. Hopefully they can get Stephen King to come up with something else, but the most recent book of his I read was Under The Dome, which has an even worse ending.

M-O-O-N that spells "Alright, Alright, Alright!"

I like it but I hope they get the series of flicks right ... the story, done right, could be an outstanding visual!

Back
Top Bottom