All Things: Streaming TV Options

Amazon Release Trailer For The Man In The High Castle

The Man In The High Castle is a new Amazon Prime series from Ridley Scott and Frank Spotnitz based on a novel by Phillip K. Dick. The series is set in the 1960’s in a world where the Axis won World War II and the United States has been divide into two parts, one controlled by the Japanese and the other by the Germans. It stars Rufus Sewell (John Adams), Luke Kleintank (Pretty Little Liars) and Alexa Davalos (Mob City).

It's been a reeeeeeeeeeally long time since I read the book, but this looks pretty different than what I remember.

Looks good, though.

Watching @Midnight on Hulu...ONE commercial at the beginning. No more 2 commercial breaks 3x an episode...POINTS!!!!!!!!!!

Watching @Midnight on Hulu...ONE commercial at the beginning. No more 2 commercial breaks 3x an episode...POINTS!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so late on this show, but I started watching a few episodes and realize (a) I still have a man crush on chris hardwick, and (b) there are some funny unknown people in the world.

But these guests have to have the jokes written for them as opposed to really making it all up on the spot, right?

I'm so late on this show, but I started watching a few episodes and realize (a) I still have a man crush on chris hardwick, and (b) there are some funny unknown people in the world.

But these guests have to have the jokes written for them as opposed to really making it all up on the spot, right?

It's a fun show, and yeah...there are some good finds as far as comedians to be had here. As far as the writing, I have to think most of them are given the premises to work on themselves, and there are writers to help...Isn't that how Hollywood Squares did it back in the day?

It's a fun show, and yeah...there are some good finds as far as comedians to be had here.

I will always be thankful for this show for introducing me to Nikki Glaser, Ron Funches, Jen Kirkman, Matt Braunger and... ****, there's lots.

Jim Jeffries I felt was holding back, but in a limited format. The new zealand guy from flight of the conchords is out of control!

Yeah, Rhys Darby is one of the better ones. Kyle Kinane, Doug Benson, Braunger, Kurt Braunholer, there are so many folks I am aware of now thanks to the show. Oh, Steve Agee too.

HULU has, Mr Pickles(Lassie meets Metalpocalypse on acid) The Eric Andre show(s1 &2). and Black Dynamite s2.

just sayin

Streaming: Hulu Ad-Free Service Announced; Support Ended for Older Rokus

Going ad-free will cost $12 a month versus the standard $8 fee and certain series — including ABC’s Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Agents of Shield, the NBC series Grimm and Fox’s The New Girl — will contain what Variety calls “a 15-second preroll ad and followed by a 30-second post-roll ad.” Hulu CEO Mike Hopkins says these exceptions were unavoidable as those seven programs “have other commitments that they couldn’t free them up for a complete commercial-free offering.”
In other streaming news, Variety also reports Roku devices made between May 2008 and May 2011 will no longer be supported by the company. If you happen to own, say, a Roku XD, you will no longer be able find new channels, receive firmware updates or hope for an update to the antiquated Netflix menu system on that particular device.

According to a statement, the company said, “Over time, our channel partners have also chosen to focus their development efforts on the latest generation of Roku streaming players.” They also cite hardware limitations of the older models as part of the move.

Amazon Announces Six 2015 Pilots From Shane Black, Sacha Baron Cohen and More

The Amazon 2015 pilots include hopeful new shows from the likes of Shane Black (director Iron Man 3, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), Sacha Baron Cohen (writer and star Borat), Tim Blake Nelson (director of Leaves of Grass and O) and starring talents such as Christina Ricci, Tig Notaro, Terry O’Quinn and more. And as usual, it will be Amazon customers who will watch and provide feedback on these shows to help determine which ones get a full series order.

Details at the link.

Back
Top Bottom