All Things: TELEVISON

SirJW

Support the Fans
Staff member
What new shows is everyone gonna check out?

Since I work in Sit-Coms, I will check them all out. Wondering if Whitney, New Girl and Two Broke Girls will be as good as they are being hyped.

Gonna check out just a few Drama's. If the others are any good I'll catch them on re-run next spring.
I said that Playboy Club and Pan Am would be good if they were on FX, HBO, Showtime, etc.. but will check them out along w/ Persons Unknown and Prime Suspect. Maybe NBC learned a lesson when the canceled Southland and will let their Drama's push the limit, but I doubt it.

Prime Suspect. I wonder if that is based on the English drama of the same name starring Helen Mirren? That was excellent. I may give this one a watch. As for the sit. comedies, I doubt it. I find most of them too predictable and mind numbing (no offense meant to your employment of course :). )

As usual, most of my Prime Time TV will be on paid networks. Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, SOA, Justified, Episodes, Hung, Shameless, etc.

Will still catch old favs like CSI and NCIS, but network TV (especially sitcoms) is so dumbed down that it has become hard to watch.

I may be old and crotchety as I could care less about any of the shows on network tv. FX does all the most compelling shows now anyhow.

im going to check out Pan Am and The Playboy Club. I dont expect them to be great and they will both probably be quickly dropped from my schedule.

Hopefully Terra Nova is good.

Don't think im going to start any of the sitcoms coming this year.

I am leaving my viewing schedule clear for hockey. But hopefully someone watches Revenge--I work on that show!

Will still catch old favs like CSI and NCIS, but network TV (especially sitcoms) is so dumbed down that it has become hard to watch.

I'll also watch CSI & NCIS. I watch Bones too but only 'cause my wife likes it. I couldn't care less. There hasn't been a decent sitcom since Seinfeld.

I'm usually watching something on Discovery, Nat Geo or Smithsonian Channel.

I'm marking time waiting for a new season of Dirty Jobs

I don't watch network TV much, either, but I kind of want to watch Playboy Club just for Amber Heard...

Basic rule of thumb for me, as far as networks...I will no longer watch till it gets to season 2. Too many shows killed because 1st episode did not win the night. Fx is another story...American Horror Story is going to the top of my must see list.

Playboy Club was boring IMO, looks like they are going for the teen audience on this one.

****, it started last night? Oh well. Guess I'll just go and look for screen caps. :)

Two Broke Girls was horrendous. I will definitely never watch that again, nor will I miss it if they decide to kill it asap.

New Girl, though, was gut-bustingly hilarious. It had both I and my fiancee in stitches for the entire 30 minutes. This is a keeper and one you should be watching

I will echo that sentiment. New Girl was very funny and it has found a place on the DVR.

Mine are Criminal Minds, SVU (sucked last night), Modern Family, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire. Looking forward to Homeland & An American Haunting on FX.

Did anyone catch Revenge? I dvr'd it. Just wondering if its going to be worth the time. It looks cheesy.

Mine are Criminal Minds, SVU (sucked last night), Modern Family, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire. Looking forward to Homeland & An American Haunting on FX.

Did anyone catch Revenge? I dvr'd it. Just wondering if its going to be worth the time. It looks cheesy.

Homeland looks like it may be a winner. Damian Lewis' inclusion should please my pal Doc Naysay...

What new shows is everyone gonna check out?

Since I work in Sit-Coms, I will check them all out. Wondering if Whitney, New Girl and Two Broke Girls will be as good as they are being hyped.

It will probably suck but at least 2 Broke Girls has Kat Dennings to look at. Man does that girl have a rack!

kat-dennings5.jpg

kat%20dennings%20hot%20cleavage%20at%20thor-08-560x814.jpg

Last edited:
Kat Dennings and the the blonde on the show are easy on the eyes that's for sure.
The show , well I'll give it another chance as I think it can be good.

Saw the Whitney Cummings show and that seemed really forced and labored to me.
Whitney is attractive though.
If you have watched football on NBC or Thursday night comedy shows
on NBC then you saw the funniest bits of the show.(even then they weren't that great) in the ads.
They mega-pushed this show all summer.

2 broke girls is created by Whitney Cummings

Either way both had very forced laughs .
The studio audiences earned their pay that night.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom