Any Grundstrom updates?

Players do not get paid. It is something that needs to be fixed in the next CBA, which the last one was extended through 2026, I think.

They don't get paid on LTIR or in the playoffs? Assume the latter. If this is "helping" teams win Cups then I'd hope it gets addressed at the next one.. I wonder if Blake would have done it with Arvy if MAKING the playoffs wasn't an issue at the time.

If Arvy was still on LTIR, Blake would have been able to add an additional player at the deadline and use up Arvy's 4.25/yr salary cap space. Then, game 1 of the playoffs Arvy could have come back and all would have been fine.
Cap situation would’ve been fine but it’s pretty clear that Arvidsson needed ice time to get back up to speed with his timing. He was more than a step behind for the entirety of that first road trip. He did have a goal against Winnipeg but I’d say his game really got up to speed against Seattle (7th game back).

Since the start of the month he’s been one of the best forwards on the ice just about every game. I don’t think it would’ve been fair to Arvidsson to hold him out and expect him to catch up to the speed of the playoffs with no ramp up time prior.

Cap situation would’ve been fine but it’s pretty clear that Arvidsson needed ice time to get back up to speed with his timing. He was more than a step behind for the entirety of that first road trip. He did have a goal against Winnipeg but I’d say his game really got up to speed against Seattle (7th game back).

Since the start of the month he’s been one of the best forwards on the ice just about every game. I don’t think it would’ve been fair to Arvidsson to hold him out and expect him to catch up to the speed of the playoffs with no ramp up time prior.

I was not saying he should have, just trying to offer up an example of how it could work and how the Kings could have done something similar. I was trying to answer a question here.........

They don't get paid on LTIR or in the playoffs? Assume the latter. If this is "helping" teams win Cups then I'd hope it gets addressed at the next one.. I wonder if Blake would have done it with Arvy if MAKING the playoffs wasn't an issue at the time.

They do not get paid in the playoffs, so there is nothing to cap. I do not think Blake would have done that, nor do I think Arvy would have agreed to it.

They do not get paid in the playoffs, so there is nothing to cap. I do not think Blake would have done that, nor do I think Arvy would have agreed to it.
Agreed. You want to get back to knock the rust off of your game before the playoffs. Also, being oft-injured and in a contract year provides a lot of reasons to want to get back and accumulate as many games/points as possible.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom