Artists Corner

Jaygokings!

Prospect
Hey guys, just wondering if we have any music/art nerds out there who would like to share works with other artists on the boards. (merge if there is an existing buried somewhere)

Figure why not throw this thread out there. It's always good to have a community to share your works and ideas around with! It can be anything from songwriting, to painting, your own band..poetry...what the **** ever! Just get in here! Don't be shy. Try to keep the criticisms to the constructive nature if there are any. This is peoples art we might be talking about here.

I'll start it off.

Personally I am trying to break in as a composer for T.V./Film/Video Games. Just building a portfolio of personal works. Pulling from my influences...like Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, and John Powell. Working out of Sibelius6, Logic, and then using some nifty plug ins for the crisp orchestral stuff.

Stuff like this is pretty Elfman influenced..
Myst?re by Jason Lewis on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Then I have some stuff where I definitely was listening to Zimmer
When Idols Fall by Jason Lewis on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Feel free to check out my other stuff. Some of it I wrote with concepts in mind..others just on a whim and it has no other purpose then I thought it sounded good. Heh.

Post your stuff! Don't be shy!

(Rinkrat you don't count...even though your photos ARE an art in themselves :) )

I look forward to hearing your stuff, Jay.

This thread would be a good candidate for stickie-ness.

Thanks fellas. Hopefully we can get some more artists who aren't shy in here posting some things.

Kidding me...I am gonna start scribbling on cocktail napkins now.

Well I have this podcast that I wish more people would listen to....

I'm really liking your music. I've listened to a couple of the others and they sound really good.

This could be a cool thread idea. If I ever get a decent draft of my script done maybe I'll share it and get feedback.

one of my better drawings

pm.png

do you actually jive with Logic, Jay? i ask because i found it completely counterintuitive, which is why i went with other DAWs.

there's a saying among some HD recorders - "there is nothing logical about Logic."

though i DO know a few people that love it...

Here's a pseudo-mic jaggeresque sketch
n674663829_1813764_2786487.jpg

Here's Lobo and a friend (Akira Fubuki)
n674663829_1813754_7885834.jpg

Last edited:
do you actually jive with Logic, Jay? i ask because i found it completely counterintuitive, which is why i went with other DAWs.

there's a saying among some HD recorders - "there is nothing logical about Logic."

though i DO know a few people that love it...

It seems all the people I know who dig logic are composers.
I am looking at from more of a recording engineer or recordist (as
Albini would say) angle and Logic is not so nice.

Compatibility with everyone else along with ease of use are what I needed and Logic at the time was not friendly in those areas.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom