Byfield

Whatever happens post Kopi and Doughty will depend on how far QB takes the team.

Well, let's not put it all on the poor kid alone. A lot more depends on the management...if the management (current or the replacement one) manages to put together a very good team, then yeah, its peak success will depend a lot on QB.

I think the key here will actually be that the management's focus won't be in finding the next face of the franchise, which is a difficult task without multiple top 3 picks (along with plenty of frustration for everyone involved) or significant overpay on the trade market...since we all know how top UFAs love to come to play for the Kings, eh?

Guilty as charged. QB is my definitely guy. Also true that his game was off for a bit but now it’s back and the ceiling keeps rising. He was a holy terror against Chicago. They couldn’t stop him. Hell they could barely slow him down.

The QB/Kopi/Juice line is so stacked that sometimes Hiller needs to spread the wealth a bit. I don’t mind the strategy as long as he brings them back together eventually.
Both of Kopi’s goals were the result from those 3 working together like a “How To Hockey” video. Juice creates the space that gives Q the time to find and precisely deliver to Kopi. I was at home and I still got up out of my seat yelling both times.

Statue4Deano is anything but a “tough crowd”! That poster is #55’s staunchest supporter - by far! And his observations that were quoted were true. But QB’s game last night got him back in the right place. Having Kempe on the other wing opens the ice for Q and Kopi. Hope Hiller keeps the together.
A) I was being gently sarcastic B) I think I had a point in there somewhere as well. The Kid’s not gonna get a goal and assist every game and 4 in 5 is hardly a slump. It was also just a sweet irony to how this entire thread started…back when QB was a total ‘bust’.

All that said…mad respect to all the posters here. I’m just a crusty old ‘new guy’. I know my place. 😉

But QB stands for Quintessential Bust, so he’s still a bust.

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 11.33.04 AM.png

Byfield has been jinxed since 19. He should have scored at least a handful more goals based on play, and particular opportunities. I know $ is important to most, but more important than Kings’ success and general ass-kicking? Perhaps, you have cursed him? Tragic.

Byfield has been jinxed since 19. He should have scored at least a handful more goals based on play, and particular opportunities. I know $ is important to most, but more important than Kings’ success and general ass-kicking? Perhaps, you have cursed him? Tragic.
It ain’t about the money, it’s about winning an argument on an Internet Message Board!

It ain’t about the money, it’s about winning an argument on an Internet Message Board!
Although, I don’t know how much arguing really has been taking place. DLH renounced the Sith and came back to the light a little more than a third of the way through this.

Make no mistake, there is no bigger proponent of Quinton Byfield than myself. He is the heir apparent to Kopitar, and the future of this franchise rests heavily upon his shoulders. That said, sometimes the ways of a wizard are not so straightforward, and forcing the hand of fate is a far more delicate and complicated affair than it would appear on the surface.

Although, I don’t know how much arguing really has been taking place. DLH renounced the Sith and came back to the light a little more than a third of the way through this.
Indeed, a glance back to post #40 of this thread will dispel any notion that I’ve ever been rooting against him, even from the very first day of our wager. As you stated before, the money is truly irrelevant. We are but forces of nature conspiring behind the scenes, to spur our young protagonist onward to destiny.

Back
Top Bottom