***Carolina Hurricanes vs. LA Kings GDT 10/14/23 7:30pm on BSW***

Overall, I did not think we were playing bad, even when we went down 3 goals multiple times. Fiala, Copley and Roy had really bad games and that cost us the game. I liked what I saw with Moore, Laferriere and Spence. QB definitely is more assertive now. Hope that continues.

Honestly.

The Hurricanes looked a lot worse than we did. Copley looked like he started with ice in his veins and warmed up about half way thru the 2nd. Roy had a =horrible= game. Fiala had 3 points (I think) but wow I don't know what was up with him. Almost had 6 points if you count goals given away. I have no confidence in either goalie atm, but I think they'll warm up.. Copley is still a lot bigger I think than Talbot in net, and has some mild trust from me from last year, though a change might have to be made if their play continues. Spence and 78 had great games. Byfield looked like.. who is this kid? Huge. FAST. Like crazy fast. Shooting every time he got the puck almost. Carrying it in by himself. Making plays. Very impressed - he's still shooting pretty far wide.. but as they say, keep shooting. His confidence will sky rocket this season if he keeps this up. Moore looked great as well. A very confident play maker who is also getting better and better. But overall I thought we outplayed the Canes and easily could have won, despite goaltending and giveaways. Carolina seemed to be trying to shove the 2 pts down our throats and we weren't gonna have it, esp. with the power plays. How many penalties did they take? Wow. Our broadcast is so F'in smooth with Nick, Daryl, and Jim. Anyways, on and upward!

My Recap - I was up close at the game last night.

Byfield finally shifted gears. He has gotten faster and stronger. It's just a matter of time before he starts cooking. Spence needs to stay - reminds me of Voynov making Johnson expendable. Laf has to be making Artie very nervous too.

Fiala's giveaways were big time momentum changers. They deflated the entire building. Later on when Gavrikov scored, everyone was thinking there was a chance, a good chance. We could FEEL it. When Kopi tied it the building erupted. The Kings could have phoned it in half way through the second, but they stuck around ground out the comeback.

During the first line change in OT, Dewey had the puck in the D zone and turned his back on the O-zone instead of skating backwards with the puck in front of him. Moore came off the bench and had the ENTIRE O-zone from the red line on to himself and he was screaming for the puck. He would have had a clear unmolested breakaway had Drew been facing the play. He's going to hate watching back the video of that.

If Copley gets back to last season's form, and Talbot and/or Dave are mediocre, it's going to be a very good season. The Kings are a very good team.

I loved Trevor Lewis for 10 years ago. But I simply don’t understand why he is back.
I’ve got a soft spot for Lewie but he’s got to be a lot better than he has been the first two games if he wants to play every night.

Byfield was very impressive. Fiala, one of those games I guess. Copley, ugh.

Great comeback, only to <once again> begin the OT track meet with 2 of the Kings slowest skaters. TM did this most of last year also, and it didn't work then either.

Kings got closer to playing a full game. I'd say the were competitive for about 50 of the 60 regulation minutes.

I know it's extremely early but I'm trying my absolute best to not get concerned about Fiala and PLD 5 on 5. So far they've shown little chemistry at even strength and they're getting dominated in possession stats. I'm guessing that once Fiala gets up to speed that line will start to gel but right now it doesn't work at all.

Ducks just crushed the Canes

We very easily should have.

Batting it down out of the air not once but twice? Yeah dude.

Spence looked great, esp. on those plays.

Kings got closer to playing a full game. I'd say the were competitive for about 50 of the 60 regulation minutes.

I know it's extremely early but I'm trying my absolute best to not get concerned about Fiala and PLD 5 on 5. So far they've shown little chemistry at even strength and they're getting dominated in possession stats. I'm guessing that once Fiala gets up to speed that line will start to gel but right now it doesn't work at all.

Hey you got an avatar again!

Yeah I agree. I do hope they gel at some point. I think Fiala has a better chance working with a young winger who's ready to shoot, with PLD taking up space in the center ala Dustin Brown. Fiala is the best puck handler on the team so it was weird to see him have such an off night. My wife commented that he seems to get very emotional and if he makes a mistake he carries it with him for the rest of the game, hence the penalties and repeated giveaways - something to work on I'm sure.

Ducks just crushed the Canes
I wouldn't say crushed, the game just looks more lopsided than it was due to two empty net goals. Ducks did, however, get something the Kings did not during their game against the Canes - solid goaltending.

Our goaltending will improve and once it does the Kings will be a tough team to beat.

Testing if X links embed or not idk.. Followup, yes they do. Before they took you to X, now they will play here, yay

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom