***Chicago Blackhawks vs. LA Kings EARLY START GDT 3/24/22 7:00pm on ESPN+ & Hulu***

I'd rather not get back into line passes that are really confusing to the players. How about making it simple, once the offensive team enters the zone, the next time the puck crosses the blue line out it can only be played (first touch) by the defending team. Think of the cherry picking opportunities (caveat being the goalie can freely play it if they shoot it all the way down).

Players adapted to the 2-line pass rule for years. I think they could easily handle 5 minutes of 3 on 3 with such clear vision of the ice surface.

3v3 sucks, they need to implement a rule similar to basketball where you can't cross back over the red line (center court line) once you enter the offensive zone.

I have a much bigger problem with the shootout than I do 3v3. That being said, it did used to be much more exciting than it is now. Teams have figured it out, not as much run and gun, much more patience. Still a better way to end than a SO.

Lemieux is skating in a white jersey today. And Drew was out there, too, for a minute. Lemieux went to the bench early, though

I think Drew has been out at most practices but just lobbing pucks, no shooting. Kopi out today, most likely a maintenance day.

Players adapted to the 2-line pass rule for years. I think they could easily handle 5 minutes of 3 on 3 with such clear vision of the ice surface.

Sorry I meant to say the fans, the players would get it.

3v3 sucks, they need to implement a rule similar to basketball where you can't cross back over the red line (center court line) once you enter the offensive zone.

What would happen for a team that goes over the red line? Face off in their zone? At the red line?

What would happen for a team that goes over the red line? Face off in their zone? At the red line?

In any of these scenario's it should be essentially icing, no change and faceoff in their zone. That would be punitive.

Sorry I meant to say the fans, the players would get it.

I don't see fan confusion as a meaningful objection. Never has been a problem before in implementing rule changes. Think about the "Trapezoid"...

I don't see fan confusion as a meaningful objection. Never has been a problem before in implementing rule changes. Think about the "Trapezoid"...

A rule which should also never been placed into existence. Goalies too good for chip and chase, instead of evolving puck possessions, make it easier for low skill plays.

But on the face of it the rule is pretty simple, goalies can't play the puck there

Totally. It is so lame now. It used to be exciting when it started. But then Sutter and the old Kings showed that possession was more important than just racing up and down the ice for shots. And now teams have taken it to extreme levels.

In any of these scenario's it should be essentially icing, no change and faceoff in their zone. That would be punitive.

That would be great. Probably stricter than an over-and-back penalty in basketball is but it would definitely serve the purpose.

Blackhawks I think circled around for 3 minutes before even getting a shot off, with the whole stadium booing. That is not fun, fan understanding be damned. People aren't liking what they see. My useless opinion is that something should change regarding OT.

A rule which should also never been placed into existence. Goalies too good for chip and chase, instead of evolving puck possessions, make it easier for low skill plays.

But on the face of it the rule is pretty simple, goalies can't play the puck there

As simple as a 2-line rule... Blue then Red = No

As simple as a 2-line rule... Blue then Red = No

I've no idea why but now I'm trying to remember which snake is the death sentence. "black against red.... Something something"

I've no idea why but now I'm trying to remember which snake is the death sentence. "black against red.... Something something"

'Red touching black, safe for Jack. Red touching yellow, kill a fellow'. The first is a king snake, the second is a coral snake.

Still many fans that don't get offsides or icing so yeah, anything new will be confusing for them.

BTW, is the rule for offsides in hockey, that an offensive player cannot be below the last player on defense?

I have a much bigger problem with the shootout than I do 3v3. That being said, it did used to be much more exciting than it is now. Teams have figured it out, not as much run and gun, much more patience. Still a better way to end than a SO.

Just get rid of the shoot out and play until there's an OT winner. I think that would solve the delaying tactics.

Blackhawks I think circled around for 3 minutes before even getting a shot off, with the whole stadium booing. That is not fun, fan understanding be damned. People aren't liking what they see. My useless opinion is that something should change regarding OT.

Yeah, we were all booing...well, all of us except the Chicagoholes that were all around us.

Just get rid of the shoot out and play until there's an OT winner. I think that would solve the delaying tactics.

I would have no problem with this. Just a matter of if it's 3v3 or 5v5. I think the concern on the latter is that it would prolong games for much too long while 3v3 could likely be decided well inside a 20 minute OT.

Back
Top Bottom