***Chicago Blackhawks vs. LA Kings GDT 4/18/24 7:30pm on BSW***

1713503400498.png

1713503428401.png

The matchup is bad either way. But if you can beat Chicago 6 seconds into OT, then you're pretty much a lock to make the Cup Finals.

How are they too stupid? Dallas is a worse matchup than Edmonton.
I feel like we're doomed either way.

But now the Kings have to not only deal with McJesus, Hyman, and Draisaitl as opposed to Robertson, Benn, Duchene, Seguin... they also need to worry about the extremely dirty play of Perry, Kane, Draisaitl, and Nurse. The Kings have no one to match the goon nonsense in the playoffs... other than who? Englund?

I just need to remind myself this ain't worth getting upset over (even though I know I'll be mad) lol.

But now the Kings have to not only deal with McJesus, Hyman, and Draisaitl as opposed to Robertson, Benn, Duchene, Seguin... they also need to worry about the extremely dirty play of Perry, Kane, Draisaitl, and Nurse. The Kings have no one to match the goon nonsense in the playoffs... other than who? Englund?

I just need to remind myself this ain't worth getting upset over (even though I know I'll be mad) lol.
It’s a down and dirty matchup that might actually get this team going, and propel them to some wins. Our games against Dallas looked like globetrotters vs generals exhibition games.

Dallas manhandled us in 3 regular season games 5-1, 4-1, 4-1. The Kings at least stand a chance against Edmonton, and whatever the odds, it is a dragon they absolutely -must- slay..
Exactly. We’ve got a fully healthy Kings team going into game 1. Arvidsson looks as good as he did last season. Kempe and Fiala are playing better than they did last season. Byfield has finally arrived. What more can you ask for???

Last edited:
My only thoughts playing Edmonton again in the 1st round, if you’re going through hell, keep going. Maybe something good happens.

I hate that you reminded me of all these NASTY facts.

That was too much fun. Great game, great birthday.

The best part was shutting up the obnoxious Blackhawks fans surrounding us. They were the loudest Chicago fans in the building. They thought the game was over.

Nice way to end the season. And had a nice convo with Susan, too.

So...I guess we're playing the Oilers.

Good.

The best part was shutting up the obnoxious Blackhawks fans surrounding us. They were the loudest Chicago fans in the building. They thought the game was over.

Good.
Glad you had a good time. You know I was rooting for a Dallas series. Blackhawks fans are always obnoxious.

The one really GREAT thing in this game tonight was the way everyone was working together to get Byfield that 20th goal. Considering that the Hawks had to know that's what was going on, and they still couldn't defend against Byfield.....just shows how bad they were for the 1st half of the game.

If someone can motivate PLD to start throwing his weight around, we might have the tiniest chance to take the series to 6 games for once. I'll reactivate the "I hate Evan Bouchard" club on Monday - feel free to join me.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Kempe for the final goal of the season, nobody picked Talbot for the final penalty:

Kempe (2 points)
Rog or Reg?
Hockey53
VegasHockey
JayWells24
Drum4Pigs
beady eye
Rusty
KernCoKingFan
Symbology
SirJW
mugs
forum gold
Chateau Bow Wow
pray4mojo
randdog
puckoff
empire
JETS GARAGE
jammer06
dannybuoy1
AngelEyes
Dr. Tran
HiFi
Kurisu
sonnyboy11
Liz4LA
hornman

katydid213 also had Kempe but guessed 5 players so thats up to Nyssa. Surprisingly more people than you'd think didn't have Kempe. I was on radio and Brazil is an hour earlier than the east coast so the 1130pm start time was brutal. I was mildly coherent for the game tying goal and then the gwg calls though and that definitely was a nice way to drift off to sleep. Its been a pleasure to tally you guys up again this year and I wish life wasn't so pressing that I could post more in the gdt. Off to the playoffs we go though where hope springs eternal

I’m frantically looking for the pic of the LGK member who had a Stamkos 91 Kings jersey made up before the 2008 draft.

i also remember ducks 1 kings 0 sharks 0 cup jersey guy.

Good.

Happy Birthday! ?

!

"in the last 15 all time" is a very confusing statement.

--

multiquoting is exhausting i feel a master of html and copy paste

Back
Top Bottom