***Chicago Blackhawks vs. LA Kings GDT 4/18/24 7:30pm on BSW***

That was too much fun. Great game, great birthday.

The best part was shutting up the obnoxious Blackhawks fans surrounding us. They were the loudest Chicago fans in the building. They thought the game was over.

Nice way to end the season. And had a nice convo with Susan, too.

So...I guess we're playing the Oilers.

Good.
Happy Birthday!

We were there up in good old 309 as usual. Compared the previous games vs the Hawks, the fanbase turnout for them was much smaller and quieter. A nice change, I think there were only 2 fans in our smaller section.

As for the game, if there was ever a microcosm for this up and down season, that was it.

Really thought the Kings were gonna poop the bed there.

Bring on the Oils.

Glad you had a good time. You know I was rooting for a Dallas series. Blackhawks fans are always obnoxious.

The one really GREAT thing in this game tonight was the way everyone was working together to get Byfield that 20th goal. Considering that the Hawks had to know that's what was going on, and they still couldn't defend against Byfield.....just shows how bad they were for the 1st half of the game.

If someone can motivate PLD to start throwing his weight around, we might have the tiniest chance to take the series to 6 games for once. I'll reactivate the "I hate Evan Bouchard" club on Monday - feel free to join me.
Thanks Susan!

Yeah we had a blast!

As for Dallas, I have a hard time hating that team. As I mentioned last night, I have family in Dallas and my best friend moved there in 1991 when he got a sweet deal on a house he couldn't refuse...but he was sad to be in the middle of the country where there was no hockey. I told you he became a hockey fan after the Gretzky trade... he even named his dog Gretzky. Of course, two years later the North Stars became the Dallas Stars and he became the happiest hockey fan in the world.

Meanwhile we get to play a hated division rival, and I wouldn't have it any other way. And I don't understand why some of the LGKers here are so terrified of the Oilers. F*ck Edmonton. We can beat that team.

And PLD made some pretty nifty plays last night, the best I've seen from him yet.

Anyway the best way I can sum up my feelings on the Oilers series comes from none other than Winston Churchill (although I see VF already quoted him: "If you’re going through hell, keep going.")

"Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

GKG!

Happy Birthday!

We were there up in good old 309 as usual. Compared the previous games vs the Hawks, the fanbase turnout for them was much smaller and quieter. A nice change, I think there were only 2 fans in our smaller section.

As for the game, if there was ever a microcosm for this up and down season, that was it.

Really thought the Kings were gonna poop the bed there.

Bring on the Oils.
Thanks Steve!

Yeah, we were surrounded by Hawks fans last night. LOUD Hawks fans. The clown over my right shoulder was bad enough, but the two guys in front of me were the worst. They were dancing in the aisles after Chicago took the lead.

Six seconds into OT they were no longer dancing.

TeeHee.

I for one really miss his hockey blog, pure golden rants all the time! Loved it!!
Loud Mouth Barry was indeed a fun read.
My favorite all time passage from him said (to the effect):

“True story. I was at my sister’s house yesterday and an owl flew away with her cat. That was less surreal than watching Trevor Lewis score a goal.”

Thanks Susan!

Yeah we had a blast!

As for Dallas, I have a hard time hating that team. As I mentioned last night, I have family in Dallas and my best friend moved there in 1991 when he got a sweet deal on a house he couldn't refuse...but he was sad to be in the middle of the country where there was no hockey. I told you he became a hockey fan after the Gretzky trade... he even named his dog Gretzky. Of course, two years later the North Stars became the Dallas Stars and he became the happiest hockey fan in the world.

Meanwhile we get to play a hated division rival, and I wouldn't have it any other way. And I don't understand why some of the LGKers here are so terrified of the Oilers. F*ck Edmonton. We can beat that team.

And PLD made some pretty nifty plays last night, the best I've seen from him yet.

Anyway the best way I can sum up my feelings on the Oilers series comes from none other than Winston Churchill (although I see VF already quoted him: "If you’re going through hell, keep going.")

"Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

GKG!
I can't express to you how much I hate watching the kings play Dallas and a large part of it stems from the late 90-early 00s when they beat the kings like 44 times in a row. Even the 5 goal comeback didn't wipe that taste out of my mouth. Pretty sure Nyssa and I have the biggest hangups with them. Always happy to watch the clip of them dropping modano next to the ambulance. They are 💯 my irrational hate club

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Kempe for the final goal of the season, nobody picked Talbot for the final penalty:
Perhaps a pity point for those who picked Fiala due to fact he served time in the box for Talbot's penalty?

Back
Top Bottom