***Dallas Stars vs. LA Kings GDT 3/9/24 7:30pm on KCAL Ch9***

I don’t know dude, unless you think this guy is just going to miraculously change into a diff player….
Dubois’s history shows his play improving markedly in his second season with each of his teams. Stubbornly staying with Kopitar on the top line will guaranty no significant improvement next year.

The alternative is buying out PLD and starting over with the rebuild… with a new GM and coach. Ugh!

Dubois’s history shows his play improving markedly in his second season with each of his teams. Stubbornly staying with Kopitar on the top line will guaranty no significant improvement next year.

The alternative is buying out PLD and starting over with the rebuild… with a new GM and coach. Ugh!
I’m thinking our future #1 center has the initials QB, not PLD. Dubois can be a decent #2.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 5 points for the Americans and/or 2nd period for the GWG:

Both (2 points):
jammer06
Rusty
forum gold

5 (1 point):
randdog
Chateau Bow Wow
DRGinLBC
SirJW
beady eye
Bill Hicks
Nyssa42
Dr. Tran

2nd (1 point):

AngelEyes
KernCoKingFan
rinkrat
Byron
waynet
HiFi
dannybuoy1
fake_it_make_it

Well that game was fun for about 26 seconds and then it was not.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately in this case) don't get CH9 here in the N San Diego county wilderness. My usually dependable stream option wasn't having any of it either. So didn't see the game. After watching Dallas dominate the quacks, I feared the Kings, minus 2-3 of their better players, would be in for a long night. In January the Kings got mashed 5-1 by Dallas. They appear to have all the right components to get to the SC finals if they can survive a strong central division.

I’m thinking our future #1 center has the initials QB, not PLD. Dubois can be a decent #2.
Don’t think that is the plan any longer. QB as a power forward on the wing is the future… especially if he can improve his shot selection, location and velocity.

To anyone who had been secretly hoping we would face Dallas in the first round, rather than Vegas or Edmonton…..

Aside from that, my only comment about this game is that the referees sure love to call a penalty on Kevin Fiala for just about anything, but the guy can get slashed or hooked incessantly throughout a game and never draw a penalty. You bet Connor McDavid is getting the benefit on those, 100% of the time. It’s vexing to have such a high yield offensive player who seems to have garnered the disdain of the officials.

To anyone who had been secretly hoping we would face Dallas in the first round, rather than Vegas or Edmonton…..

Aside from that, my only comment about this game is that the referees sure love to call a penalty on Kevin Fiala for just about anything, but the guy can get slashed or hooked incessantly throughout a game and never draw a penalty. You bet Connor McDavid is getting the benefit on those, 100% of the time. It’s vexing to have such a high yield offensive player who seems to have garnered the disdain of the officials.
My POV, Dallas is the most dangerous team for the Kings followed by Colorado and then Edmonton. It just wasn't fun to be at crypto in person after the 26 seconds goal.

My POV, Dallas is the most dangerous team for the Kings followed by Colorado and then Edmonton. It just wasn't fun to be at crypto in person after the 26 seconds goal.
Remember the Kings are still without Anderson and RV, and just got Kempe back. At full health, the Kings could give the Stars a tough series. Not saying they would prevail, but it would be more challenging last night. But I agree with other posters, in that Dallas is a very strong team, and certainly has a good chance at going to the SCF.

Remember the Kings are still without Anderson and RV, and just got Kempe back. At full health, the Kings could give the Stars a tough series. Not saying they would prevail, but it would be more challenging last night. But I agree with other posters, in that Dallas is a very strong team, and certainly has a good chance at going to the SCF.
I'm very aware. I'm just not sure that's enough to get us by the top tier teams.

Back
Top Bottom