Indian Cultural Celebration Night

Previous Meeting
12/16/21 - Kings 4, Panthers 1

2021-22-Game-61-Panthers-Home-Team-Stats.jpg

**Game Time EARLY START 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G61P6.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Anze Kopitar (Video) & Todd MacLellan 3/12/22 Post Game Quotes

Link to Kopi’s Post Game Comments - REALLY GREAT - YOU SHOULD WATCH
https://twitter.com/i/status/1502876320551870466

Todd McLellan
On the importance of structure when the team is missing so many regulars

Well, it puts a lot of stress on a lot of different areas. The structure of our team has been what has allowed us to have success. In moments of the game today we had it and other times we didn’t. Their top players took advantage of situations they should take advantage of. Our team right now has to forget about this one, it’s done, but we have to make a decision if we’re going to wallow in pity or if we’re going to attempt to overcome. We have a tough task ahead of us, with the teams we’re going to play, but we don’t give ourselves a chance if we’re going to wallow.
On if this is a big moment to limit this valley
We have to understand that we have to be confident in each other. Yeah, we lost some players, but when we do things right on the ice, confidence will grow. JAD is back up here, he can do it. Spence is a young player but he can do it. In the meantime, our top players need to play at a really high level and let that confidence grow. The longer we let that confidence grow, the longer it takes for that to happen, the tougher the task will be for us. It will be a critical point in the season, but we have played well and we banked some points in case something like this would happen. Let’s try and improve what we have.
On the team’s start to the game and early response
I didn’t think we were bad to start with, even after they scored the power-play goal, I thought it was a pretty evenly played game, we had some chances, Hill made some really good saves. The back-to-back turnovers really below the goal line really hurt our team and then they got rolling after that.
On Jordan Spence’s mindset and bouncing back from the goal in the first period
He’s playing against some really good players and they took advantage of a situation, but he had a lot of savvy to put it aside and come back and play. After we lost Roy, he had no choice really, he had to go back out and keep playing, same thing with Jacob and the rest of the group. Good for him to overcome it, there are going to be a lot of learning moments for him, Brownie and Kopi still have those and they’ve played for 15, 18 years. It’s part of growing up in the National Hockey League.
On the importance of bouncing back with special teams tomorrow against Florida
I think that, but I think the game for us, half of the game tomorrow, is going to be the decision we make in the morning coming to the rink. The other half is going to be playing against a really good team and Kopi is right, their special teams are outstanding, they have no problem scoring 4 or 5 goals a night. We’ll have to manage those situations right, playing 5-on-5 will give us a better opportunity so we can’t go marching into the penalty box. There isn’t an easy task ahead for us, everything is going to be difficult and that’s okay. The confidence we can gain in each other, over this next period, is going to be essential.

G61P4.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G60KF2.png

G61KD.png

G52KG.png

Kings Injuries

Viktor Arvidsson (IR)
MIkey Anderson (IR)
Andreas Athanasiou (IR)
Dustin Brown (IR)
Drew Doughty (IR)
Alexander Edler (LTIR)
Brendan Lemieux (IR)
Matt Roy
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Panthers Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G61PF.png

G61PD.png

G61PG.png

G61PI.png

NO Former Kings

G61P1.png

GOALIE STATS

G61GSK.png

G61GSP.png

G61P2.png

PLAYER STATS

G61PSK.png
G61PSP.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G61-Standings.png

G61P5.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

No new question for tonight.

Previous Game’s Winners

well, clearly no winners so far…..

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 45 points:

srm1105

40 Points

Reg or Rog?

36 Points

LeftyKing
VegasHockey

35 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
Rusty

34 Points

pray4mojo
Sonnyboy11

33 Points

notbob

32 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
DRice
Helvetica
Kurisu

31 Points

hokiecat
Liz4LA

30 Points

Bill Hicks
Dr. Tran
hornman

29 Points

Busted Chops
jammer06

28 Points

JayWells24

27 Points

kingrussell

26 Points

25 Points

KHenry14
Nyssa42

24 Points

Byron

23 Points

dannybuoy1
STONE

22 Points

21 Points

CIrvine
Shackleford
SirJW

20 Points

empire

19 Points

Sevenhole

18 Points

TooCool

17 Points

forum gold
Rogie-Vachon

16 Points

Clif
JETS GARAGE

15 Points

14 Points

cokingsfan

13 Points

Dirtweazle
DRGinLBC
PuckMaster
randdog

12 Points

11 Points

Greg33
kopinator

10 Points

beady eye
beedee

9 Points

8 Points

7 Points

MaxwellSmart

6 Points

Joe Laviguer

5 Points

kingsmen93
waynet

4 Points

3 Points

2 Points

Ice24
rinkrat

1 Point

lurker
MBreeden
RoS
Salami
Stormy2213

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G61P8.png

Photos courtesy of NHL.com/Getty Images​

Last edited:
I wished I’d known AA was headed to the IR. At least I still have Moore & Danault. But the important thing is a Kings win.

Go Kings Go!

Thank you Nyssa! Even if you jinxed the hell outta the team

welp, i think i'll need a few pre beers to get through this blood bath ... haha

"IF" the Kings get shut out again...I'm protesting the "Can't choose zero" choices...cuz clearly I would have won.

Oh - and BROWN is done...so maybe a GABE VILARDI sighting?

"IF" the Kings get shut out again...I'm protesting the "Can't choose zero" choices...cuz clearly I would have won.

Oh - and BROWN is done...so maybe a GABE VILARDI sighting?

i sincerely hope so ... and bring up frk for frk's sakes even just for the PP ... i mean we haven't even tried throwing the kitchen sink yet ..

Thank you, Susan et al!

Did I hear a bugler playing Taps?

GKG???

I wished I?d known AA was headed to the IR. At least I still have Moore & Danault. But the important thing is a Kings win.

Go Kings Go!

That's one problem with Nyssa's two-game question...we're fielding a different team on the second game. Oh well...just very happy to see Frk and Gabe back. Bummer it had to be because of half the damn staters being placed on IR. Once again, oh well...poop happens.

Let's see how the Kings respond to some major adversity.

With the Kings defense being so depleted, they may have to try and outscore the Panthers to win. Could be a high-scoring game.

Yep... That cushion over Edm & Vgk feeling quite tenuous now...Hope Villardi can prove he belongs up.

I think Vancouver may be the primary team Kings need to be concerned with... Gabby has his guys on a real hot steak once again.

Imagine Frk, with his main limitation being a liability on defense, playing in front of what our defense is right now.

Lol.

Imagine Frk, with his main limitation being a liability on defense, playing in front of what our defense is right now.

Lol.

Laughter is all you can do.

Will tonight be an all-out run and gun track meet or super boring, suffocating trap hockey? Seems like it has to be a roll of the dice on one of the two because there’s too many new bodies in the lineup to even pretend to play the normal system.

Ok, great....we're playing against Hot Rookie Goalie (Spencer Knight) with a depleted team.....should be a very interesting game. I hope at least a couple posters get some points for the poll. You may have heard that JAD got sent back down to the Reign. Here is who is currently on the roster per Zach Dooley:

Forwards: Andersson, Byfield, Danault, Frk, Grundstrom, Iafallo, Kaliyev, Kempe, Kopitar, Kupari, Lizotte, Moore, Vilardi
Defensemen: Bjornfot, Durzi, Maatta, Moverare, Roy, Spence, Strand, Wolanin
Goaltenders: Petersen, Quick

GO KINGS GO!!!

Laughter is all you can do.

Will tonight be an all-out run and gun track meet or super boring, suffocating trap hockey? Seems like it has to be a roll of the dice on one of the two because there’s too many new bodies in the lineup to even pretend to play the normal system.

At least run and gun could get some guys, Kempe & Iafallo, in particular going again.
I would not mind this game being like a Smythe division game of years gone by.
8-6 kinda game, even if we lose, gotta shake the tree branches and break some stuff loose.

You are dead on, playing our 'normal' system will have us lose worse than SJ did to us.
This Fla. team is something.

Back
Top Bottom