Hatch green chili enchiladas

I have reservations about the chicken side... And thank God I caught the random auto to children instead of chicken

I have reservations about the chicken side... And thank God I caught the random auto to children instead of chicken

do you mean chicken stock or the chicken meat? I used a few teaspoons of mazola chicken broth powder

do you mean chicken stock or the chicken meat? I used a few teaspoons of mazola chicken broth powder

There's this trader Joes sauces that they discontinued due to something or other, but I'm pretty sure I'll try that on first unless Chris says it's a bad call

My wife's family makes enchiladas New Mexico style. I've seen them called enchiladas montadas some places, but her great aunt's enchiladas are the stuff of legend. I'll try to get a formal recipe, but it's essentially this:

- Cook up some ground beef
- Once cooked through, add some canned red enchilada sauce, minced onion and garlic, and a crap ton of minced up roasted and peeled hatch chiles
- Once everything gets good and softened, spoon a little of the sauce on a plate. Dip a corn tortilla in the pot of sauce, and put it on the plate. Spoon a little sauce on top of that tortilla, then dip another tortilla, plate and spoon, and then do one more.
- Once you get three tortillas stacked, top them with chopped onion, a ring of chopped lettuce and tomato, some shredded cheese and a nice fried over medium egg on top.

This, beans and rice are everything a growing boy needs.

Ohh, I love it so much. Now I'd like to cook it, but I don't have any tasty peppers.

Crock Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls

Saw this on one to the cooking shows a week or so ago and thought I'd give it a try today.
Most of the ingredients, other that the rice and some of the spices came from my garden and hen house this year.
It sounds like a good comfort meal for a cold winters day. Will let you know how it turned out.

https://www.food.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-burrito-bowls-530158

side note: I'm using my moms old 4 qt Hamilton Beech slow cooker from the 60's. It still has it's old 2 prong plug on it. It has an auto shift setting on it that I can't seem to find on later models of slow cookers. I really love that feature.

Crock Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls

Saw this on one to the cooking shows a week or so ago and thought I'd give it a try today.
Most of the ingredients, other that the rice and some of the spices came from my garden and hen house this year.
It sounds like a good comfort meal for a cold winters day. Will let you know how it turned out.

https://www.food.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-burrito-bowls-530158

side note: I'm using my moms old 4 qt Hamilton Beech slow cooker from the 60's. It still has it's old 2 prong plug on it. It has an auto shift setting on it that I can't seem to find on later models of slow cookers. I really love that feature.

Never tried adding rice into the slow cooker before, we always made it separate. Let us know how that worked

It turned out pretty damn good, though, as I followed the recipe closely, I found it to be more gringo'ed out than I care for. Next time, I'll Tex-Mex it up to my liking. If you're used to the spicey from a regular "chain" type mexican food, you like it this way.
The only thing I did do differently on this round was brown the chix tits first. I just think it give stuff more flavor. Oh, and deglaze the pan.

Jammer, rice in a slow cooker works well, I didn't believe it would get done with the rest throwing it in half way through so it went in at the beginning. Been making my dogs food for years in a slow cooker which includes rice, always come out well.

It turned out pretty damn good, though, as I followed the recipe closely, I found it to be more gringo'ed out than I care for. Next time, I'll Tex-Mex it up to my liking. If you're used to the spicey from a regular "chain" type mexican food, you like it this way.
The only thing I did do differently on this round was brown the chix tits first. I just think it give stuff more flavor. Oh, and deglaze the pan.

Jammer, rice in a slow cooker works well, I didn't believe it would get done with the rest throwing it in half way through so it went in at the beginning. Been making my dogs food for years in a slow cooker which includes rice, always come out well.

You can swap out that can of diced tomatoes for a can of Rotel. Their habanero flavor has bit of heat.

Back
Top Bottom