Injury Update from Jim Fox on Twitter

More updates.

Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP

1h
Lots from Toddfather this AM:

No Drew Doughty tonight, but day-to-day.
Jordan Spence NHL debut will run 2nd PP, Jacob Moverare in as well.

No decision on extra forward tonight, not 100% recall to fill final roster spot will be made (saving cap space) with Arvidsson to IR.

I cant imagine....keeping Byfield...and loosing valardi.....i thought for sure march 1st was the last time byfield would dress in the nhl...
the only line that absolutely sucks is line 3.....we will call it line 4 if we are basing on production....

What's everyone's expectations if they call up Gabe? I'd be pleased if he could get in 12 mins, be an even player and maybe score at. 0.25-0.3 pts per game. Anything more would be unreasonable.

what is Byfield's expectations??? he should be called down....i watch the reign all the time... I cant believe the shelved talent for Byfield.. square peg round hole will win you nothing...and literally thats my only bitch so far... we have so much stocked up in ontario we should be able to pull a massive deal off...

yeah i dont know. If Bernsetin's answer is reasonable, then Vilardi looks like a serious candidate for trade. If Andersson is a better "fit" for a team that needs to replace a scoring winger, and could use a boost on the PP, that is a pretty damning indictment of where Vilardi's game is at right now. I like Andersson, and ive been hoping to see him blossom in LA, but realistically speaking he hasnt exactly done that yet either. Kings brass has shown plenty this season in how it manages the personnel, but it would sure be nice to see what Vilardi can do.

You're reading his mind apparently:

Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP

my take: Vilardi is trade bait, to the extent that he is now on our
@TFP
Trade Watch List.
https://thefourthperiod.com/trade-watch-list-2021-22

If you recall him and he does nothing or sits as extra forward, you crush trade value. Let him keep scoring goals in Ontario and keep other teams interested.

Sports message boards need a "thank-you-for-this-very-unpleasant-but-important-news-about-my-team" button in addition to the "like" button

I'll be at the game tonight...will pray for our defense. Could be a very interesting night.

Amen. I would be surprised if Vilardi and/or Turcotte were still on the roster next fall.

Same. If they trade Turcotte time is now. Said it before but can?t see much value in a forward taken 5th overall if he starts a 4th consecutive season outside the NHL.

Hell, I can?t feature what that would do to the player either. I know these kids have to earn it but if Blake thinks there?s a possibility he won?t by next fall then time is ticking.

I don't understand all the hate directed at Vilardi.

I dont hate Vilardi. In fact he was one of the players I was most looking forward to seeing. I just didn’t think he had a great game & if he was looking to get called up because of injuries it didn’t show. Look, my opinion doesn’t mean crap. I’m not a hockey expert in the least. This is just my opinion from watching live. He did get an assist on a Frk goal so that was good. I also don’t think it’s so bad that he’s trade bait. We’ve got so many center prospects that even if some move to the wing we don’t have enough roster spots for everyone. If we could use a few of them to get what we need, like a top LHD, that’s a good thing.

Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
Kings recall..........
Rasmus Kupari from Ontario

Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
Kings recall..........
Rasmus Kupari from Ontario

Just one look at least please TMAC

Grundy - QB - Kupari

It can't get worse and Kupari can bring so much more than DB23 right now, and has shown he can play the system too. No brainer.

So…this make the Vilardi trade imminent?

That's my intuition as well. Turcotte too...

Then... which or how many RD could end up being packaged? Kings have an embarrassment of riches at that position.

Kings are missing 2 pieces - the illusive left shot, top 4 defenseman and a right shot winger who can put the puck in the net.

The Kings have had the opportunity to showcase many of the young players. Hope Blake is able to cash in some of their many assets at the deadline to fill at least one hole.

Well, it's a good thing that Vegas is on a 3 game skid while we are experiencing the injury bug...

Well, it's a good thing that Vegas is on a 3 game skid while we are experiencing the injury bug...

Vegas has a goaltending issue with Lehner hurt. Brossoit isn't a #1 .

Right now I am more concerned with Gabby's Gang from Vancouver catching the Kings than the Knights or the Oilers. Canucks are on a serious roll again.

Question is, if the trouble with Vilardi's development was already organizational buy-in, what happens to that now with everyone else getting the "call" except him?

That's my intuition as well. Turcotte too...

Then... which or how many RD could end up being packaged? Kings have an embarrassment of riches at that position.

Kings are missing 2 pieces - the illusive left shot, top 4 defenseman and a right shot winger who can put the puck in the net.

The Kings have had the opportunity to showcase many of the young players. Hope Blake is able to cash in some of their many assets at the deadline to fill at least one hole.

True - this has definitely been a good showcase year for the prospects.

I don’t like this, and it absolutely would hurt this season, but big picture I could see Blake selling high on Durzi at the deadline.

True - this has definitely been a good showcase year for the prospects.

I don’t like this, and it absolutely would hurt this season, but big picture I could see Blake selling high on Durzi at the deadline.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I just didn't want to say it out loud. Could Spence, and eventually Faber and Clarke, make Durzi expendable?

That would be the kind of trade where he would somehow end up in San Jose and haunt us for a decade scoring points on the PP.

Back
Top Bottom