Jonathan Quick Thread

F3FB45D9-3090-4A1A-8064-99A362A6A498.jpeg

Happy for JQ. Loved everything about him. Too bad he took so long to find his game again. Quick would still be a King if he performed at this level last season.

I have watched a few Rangers games when Quick was in net including tonights game. The Rangers have a solid “D” in front of him and are constantly blocking shots. With how the Kings defense is playing, Quick would have the same results. I’m happy for him and it looks like he will continue his career for at least another season after this one.

I hope he catches miller
I do too. I think that there will be people resisting his hall of fame bid. I think he is already the best American goalie ever, but catching Millar in less games would cement that beyond dispute.

2 Cups
1 Conn Smythe
Most shutouts for an American
Most wins for an American

I think that would be tough to argue against, even with an Osgood argument.

I do too. I think that there will be people resisting his hall of fame bid. I think he is already the best American goalie ever, but catching Millar in less games would cement that beyond dispute.

2 Cups
1 Conn Smythe

My only thought why Quick wouldnt be in the hall is because they historically don't induct goalies at the same rates. But if they are going to put Hank in, there's a lot of goalies than need to be in.

My only thought why Quick wouldnt be in the hall is because they historically don't induct goalies at the same rates. But if they are going to put Hank in, there's a lot of goalies than need to be in.
I'm still baffled at how quickly Hank got inducted in to the HoF. Not even sure if his gear is completely dried out yet.

Hats of to the GOAT tendie in LA Kings history!

Anyone know why he switched from WARRIOR to TRUE sticks? I noticed that last season, maybe even the season before.

Hank? I’m still thinking about Vernon and Barasso getting in. Honestly, if Vernon and Barasso get in, Quick should.

As to Lundquvist, I think Quick had a better career, even if a lot of East Coast commentators swoon over Hank. That being said, I don’t think many of them will be convinced that Quick was better. In fact, Quick was the best goalie of the 2011-2015 period of the NHL. Over Lundquvist, Price, Rinne, Crawford and Rask.

I'm still salty but JQ was my favorite player for 10 years. Wore my #32 forum blue to game 6 2012 and met JQ and got it signed shortly after. Some of my favorite memories. Glad to see he's kickin ass over in NY.

I'm still salty but JQ was my favorite player for 10 years. Wore my #32 forum blue to game 6 2012 and met JQ and got it signed shortly after. Some of my favorite memories. Glad to see he's kickin ass over in NY.

Agreed. Until he's playing against LA in a few days.

2 Cups
1 Conn Smythe

A couple of Jennings too (2014 and 2018) FWIW.

2 Cups
1 Conn Smythe

3 Cups

I hope he makes it too. One of my favorites. I think he is year to year so I hope he gets enough starts to pass Miller. I don't see him being the type to stick around an extra year or two to chase milestones. Quick always was a team-first guy in his quotes.

Shesterkin is starting tonight so we can expect a Kings vs Quick battle tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom