Kaliyev

Birdman

TEAM LGK
He’s a black hole. The puck goes in, and it disappears.

He’s an absolute Weeble Wobble. Can’t stay on his feet, can’t play physical, can’t stick handle.

He’s supposed to have this killer shot, but all he does is shoot it right into the goaltender, or 5 feet over the net.

Had 10 minutes of ice time tonight, and it’s a good thing we have the best PK in the league, because it’s like we’re short handed when he’s out there.

He’s a liability and needs to be traded.

I have been calling him out since the preseason. This year Kaliyev has been decent in maybe 5-6 games. Not even sure if he scored in those games. Most nights he is just a mess in all 3 zones. Some nights he manages the puck better than other nights.

Problem is, like Birdman says he either misses the net entirely or hits the goalie square in the chest. People talk about him being a great passer, bring up is great shot. Folks here have been telling me that season. We are these passes? We are these great shots?

I mentioned this in another thread, but it has been about 15 months since Kaliyev was an "offensively" effective NHL player.

Never been a fan. Can’t skate. I think that’s like step one of playing hockey?

Why are they waiting for the draft, just waive him.

Why are they waiting for the draft, just waive him.

I expected him to be waived during the deadline, but when it was Moverare and JAD who were placed on the waiver block instead and JAD actually got claimed away, I started cursing Blake in my head.

I expected him to be waived during the deadline, but when it was Moverare and JAD who were placed on the waiver block instead and JAD actually got claimed away, I started cursing Blake in my head.
Speaking of JAD, can you believe the Stars drafted Robertson only two picks before the Kings took JAD?

Speaking of JAD, can you believe the Stars drafted Robertson only two picks before the Kings took JAD?

And this was when Blake was in his first year as the Kings' GM. On the other hand, the scouts that told Blake to pick JAD instead of Robertson were holdovers from the Lombardi era so that wasn't entirely Blake's fault. But yeah, that really stung the Kings and it's going to haunt them for quite a while unless Robertson is willing to go to the Kings either by trade or by free agency.

I was really hoping he would have been traded after last season when he might have still had some value. I posted that opinion all summer. Now the rest of the league knows how terrible he is and the Kings will get nothing for him.

And this was when Blake was in his first year as the Kings' GM. On the other hand, the scouts that told Blake to pick JAD instead of Robertson were holdovers from the Lombardi era so that wasn't entirely Blake's fault. But yeah, that really stung the Kings and it's going to haunt them for quite a while unless Robertson is willing to go to the Kings either by trade or by free agency.
Robertson was picked before JAD. I’m so confused by your posts/takes.

Or keep trolling, I hope.

At this point it is more about confidence than anything. Not a bad idea to send him down to the Reign to finish out the season and continue to hone his game. He still has a lot of potential and may play a role on the team should they not bring back Arvy.

It seemed that every time Kaliev scored a goal...he'd sit for 10 games or more... If that's the case...I don't think we'll see him again...

At this point it is more about confidence than anything. Not a bad idea to send him down to the Reign to finish out the season and continue to hone his game. He still has a lot of potential and may play a role on the team should they not bring back Arvy.
I disagree.

At this point, he is what he is. Can he change? Sure, but I think the coaches have drilled into him what they need him to do and either he’s sulking and unwilling to do it, or he’s incapable of it.

Time for a change of scenery. No hard feelings, sometimes players need to hear it from another coaching group to take that step.

He should sit in the press box and watch, I’d rather play 11-7.

I was really hoping he would have been traded after last season when he might have still had some value. I posted that opinion all summer. Now the rest of the league knows how terrible he is and the Kings will get nothing for him.
Kaliyev and Kupari were both nightmares defensively against the Oilers last playoff run. I was vocal about ditching Kupari, and this year he has 1 pt and is -6 in 27 games for WPG. I was more ambivalent on Kaliyev, but suffice it to say he was expected to “take a step” this year and he has, backwards to be even worse. Absolute comedy if anyone thinks he will be worth more at the draft.

Back
Top Bottom