10/27/23 -- Kings 5, Coyotes 4
10/24/23 -- Coyotes 3, Kings 6

2023-G17-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 6:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Pierre-Luc Dubois & Quinton Byfield 11/18/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Pierre-Luc Dubois
On how the last 48 hours went and being able to play tonight

Yeah, I was a bit lucky, it could have been a lot worse, but the staff here did a great job of getting to the bottom of it as fast as possible. Yeah, could have been a lot worse. I’m lucky that I played tonight and I was happy to get a win here. I thought everybody played well tonight, Talbs played well as he always has this year, so it was really a team win.
On if he knew Arthur Kaliyev was going to feed him on his goal, and how that play developed
No, I didn’t. Arty likes to shoot it, but you always have to be ready and he made a great play. He probably could have shot it and might’ve scored too, but he made a great play, to have everybody fold and then I just had to put it in the back of the net. Great play by him. I was just trying to put it as high as possible without going over the net.
On adjusting to playing with Arthur Kaliyev over the last three games
Arty’s a great shooter, he finds open space and shoots the puck, but what he’s been doing that has impressed me is he’s getting in on the forecheck. He’s a big guy, he gets on the forecheck, establishes himself as F1, separates the puck from the guy and then Laffy or I, we can get in there and get an ozone shift. Eerybody talks about his shot, because he has a great shot and he can score, but he’s been doing a lot of good things out there that that help the line out and so has Laffy.

Quinton Byfield
On getting off to such a fast start in the first period

I think it’s important to always have good starts, get on teams early. I think it starts the momentum for the whole team on the first shift, it starts how you want to play tonight and I think we had a really strong period, got off to a good start with a 4-0 lead. The message was just to get on them early, get as many shots as we can and work it down low.
On bringing tenacity and puck retrievals onto his power-play unit
Yeah, I think they brought me to that unit to bring some energy, be a big body in front and win some puck battles. That’s my job and I want to be the best at that. Like I said, if I can just get the puck to Kopi, Kev, Drew, Juice on the outside and just get to the front, screen the goalie, that’s my main goal there. It worked out for me tonight.
On making a four-goal lead hold up, in situations that got tighter last year
Yeah, I think we came out really strong in the first. The next two periods weren’t too great, but we had a strong leads, so we were just trying to hold it off, trust the structure and as Todd always says, good game management as well. We tried to really take care of the puck, take care of our goalie as well, so I think you play for each other and play for our goalie at that point.
On getting a “statement” type win with all four lines scoring
I think we’ve had a couple of statement games early on in the season. A lot of them have come the road, which is a good thing and a bad thing, but we’ve got the home wins coming now, so that’s really good. I think the Toronto and Vegas games were statements all around, our forwards all playing really good, rolling four lines defense making the right plays, good sticks back there, obviously our goalies are really playing well. It’s really good when everything’s clicking, so we just want to keep that going as long as we can.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

2023-G17-KF2.png

2023-G15-KD.png

2023-G17-KGI.png

COYOTES PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G17-CF.png

2023-G17-CD.png

2023-G17-CGI.png

Former Kings

Sean Durzi
2023-G6-Durzi.png

Troy Stecher
2023-G6-Stecher.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2023-G17-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G17-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

2023-G17-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Tonight’s Poll Question**
just one question tonight so jammer can have family time this week

Who is going to take the FIRST KINGS PENALTY tonight?
You can take 4 guesses
Take your best guesses in your post below

the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS[/B]
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 2 of 61 combined shots and/or 1 point for Fiala:
Special Congrats to JayWells24 who got 4 out of 4 possible points!

61 SOG (3 points):
Kurisu
hihocarp
JayWells24

60,62 (2 points):
notbob
Cross Traffic
KHenry14
Madness20721
Guinevere
AngelEyes
beady eye
waynet
Busted Chops
Nyssa42
TooCool
hornman
mugs

59,63 sog (1 point):
Rogie-Vachon
Chateau Bow Wow
Rusty
VCRW
katydid213
pray4mojo
Jerram
Dr. Tran
Sevenhole
dannybuoy1

1 point Fiala (1 point)
notbob
KHenry14
hihocarp
Rusty
CIrvine
randdog
VegasHockey
pray4mojo
Liz4LA
hornman
Dr. Tran
JayWells24

****POINT TOTALS BELOW NOT UPDATED***

Kings of the Mountain with 9 points - Byron, Dr Tran, Rusty, & SirJW

8 points = CIrvine, DRGinLBC, Liz4LA, notbob, Salty Puck, VegasHockey

7 points = Chateau Bow Wow, clif

6 points = Angel Eyes, beady eye, forum gold, hornman, jammer06, JayWells24, Jerram, katydid213, Nyssa42, pray4mojo, Randdog, Rinkrat

5 points = Cross Traffic, DRice, empire, Kurisu, mugs, Shackleford, TooCool

4 points = dannybuoy1, Dexter, Guinevere, hihocarp, KernCoKingsFan, KHenry14, Madness20721, puckoff, Sevenhole, sonnyboy11, VCRW, waynet

3 points = beedee, Rogie-Vachon

2 points = Bill Hicks, Busted Chops, cokingsfan, Ragbone, rfischer, symbology

1 point = PuckMaster, STONE

2023-G17-Pic1.png

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

Updated the spreadsheet this morning, King of the mountain with 11 points is now a threesome of Dr. Tran, notbob and Rusty. Remember no pictures of that, this is a family site.

Fiala
Kempe
PLD
Roy

Back
Top Bottom