***LA Kings @ Buffalo Sabres GDT 2/13/24 4:00pm on BSW***

I think PLD, Spence offensively and Turcotte played well. I am absolutley dumb founded how they could play this bad. This was worse than 1983,84 Don Perry era bad hockey and if anyone was around that time, that is bad.

Last edited:
I agree with those who say that the Kings lack leadership. There is no Mike Richards or Dustin Brown on this team. I love Drew Doughty, he's a horse and a future Hall of Famer, but he:s always been like a kid, stating the obvious with no filter. Yeah, the team sucks. No need to state it, that kind of negativity doesn't do any good anyway, especially stated in public. As for Kopitar, he's the greatest King, but doesn't exactly seem like a take charge guy. Kind of mellow, sometimes just coasts.
There is just no one who can put this team on his shoulders, and provide mature leadership in adversity.
Again, this is not a knock against Doughty, Kopitar, or anyone else. You don't have to be a leader to be great. I mean, Gretzky was the greatest, but Messier was a leader.

I agree with those who say that the Kings lack leadership. There is no Mike Richards or Dustin Brown on this team. I love Drew Doughty, he's a horse and a future Hall of Famer, but he:s always been like a kid, stating the obvious with no filter. Yeah, the team sucks. No need to state it, that kind of negativity doesn't do any good anyway, especially stated in public. As for Kopitar, he's the greatest King, but doesn't exactly seem like a take charge guy. Kind of mellow, sometimes just coasts.
There is just no one who can put this team on his shoulders, and provide mature leadership in adversity.
Again, this is not a knock against Doughty, Kopitar, or anyone else. You don't have to be a leader to be great. I mean, Gretzky was the greatest, but Messier was a leader.
I’d kill for a Matt Greene and Justin Williams on this squad.

I missed the game due to work. Was there any spit and vinegar in the 3rd as the Sabres pilled on the score?

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the correct total goals for each period:

All three 3,2,2 (3 points):
Cross Traffic
Shackleford
Bill Hicks

First 3 goals (1 point):
Drum4pigs
Guinevere

Second 2 goals (1 point):
JayWells24
Drum4pigs
forum gold
jammer06
Byron
mugs
AngelEyes
Guinevere
KernCoKingFan
JETS GARAGE
katydid213
pray4mojo
empire
Kurisu
Liz4LA
puckoff
hornman
Rog or Reg?
fake_it_make_it

Third 2 goals (1 point):
symbology
Chateau Bow Wow
Madness20721
beady eye
jammer06
randdog
VCRW
KHenry14
Rogie-Vachon
sonnyboy11
pray4mojo
waynet
Kurisu
Liz4LA
puckoff
hornman
JCG388LAKings
Sevenhole

That was a long list and I might have missed some of you. As for the game, Buffalo is now 18-3-1 against the kings in their last 22 games at home. I'm not sure who pissed in jobu's cup but they really need to go apologize there.

Last edited:
We're making the playoffs. The teams behind us are so dreadful that the Kings would have to be absolute dog crap to miss the playoffs.
Kings very well say "hold my beer" before too long. This roadie and the following 3 at home against lesser teams could be very telling. If they poop the bed on the road and lose more than one on the homestand, especially to the Ducks, all bets are off.

https://twitter.com/NHLRussell
https://twitter.com/NHLRussell
@NHLRussell

Anze Kopitar is only the fourth Kings player to finish a game with a -6 rating or worse and first since 1984.

Who would have thought that Kopitar would be the first King to be a -6 in 39 years.
He had a really bad game. The team had a really bad game. I'm not going to jump all over Kopi the same way I wasn't proclaiming the Kings are back (like many fans) after they shut down Edmonton on a back to back night.

He had a really bad game. The team had a really bad game. I'm not going to jump all over Kopi the same way I wasn't proclaiming the Kings are back (like many fans) after they shut down Edmonton on a back to back night.
I get it and agree with you for the most part. Just realize this was not his only bad game. This was not DD and MA's only bad game. The Kings "Best" players have not been the best players for a while now. And yes, much of the team has been bad as well.

As for "jumping all over Kopi", his play lately and the stats speak for themselves. Nobody is going out of their way to try and make Kopi look bad. Heck, even Fox keeps wondering if he is injured, or? If Kopi is injured and not himself, stop playing him like he is 100%.

I get it and agree with you for the most part. Just realize this was not his only bad game. This was not DD and MA's only bad game. The Kings "Best" players have not been the best players for a while now. And yes, much of the team has been bad as well.
Expecting Kopi and Dewey to be the best players at this point is unrealistic. Guys like PLD, Kempe and Fiala should be the best players with the veterans helping to keep the ship afloat. But when your true best players, your vets and your goalies are all failing to play consistently good games, you get what we are now seeing. 2 guys having a good game isn't going to get this team anywhere.

As for "jumping all over Kopi", his play lately and the stats speak for themselves. Nobody is going out of their way to try and make Kopi look bad. Heck, even Fox keeps wondering if he is injured, or? If Kopi is injured and not himself, stop playing him like he is 100%.
I've been saying he's hurt for a while now and it's up to the coaches to cut his playing time or give him an IR break. If he's injured and it's hurting us more than helping, it's time for him to heal up even if that means LTIR.

Like PLD, the Kings play in spurts. Sometimes they play hard and most of the time they coast. It's the makeup of the team.

Doughty was smiling when they were up 4-0. I honestly could not believe it. They all looked dead in the eyes.

Is anyone truly surprised by the outcome? For as long as I can remember, the Kings have been playing these ridiculous 7-6 games, or just getting straight up blown out in Buffalo. Hopefully this was the public shaming they’ve long deserved, but somehow managed to avoid until last night.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom