***LA Kings @ Nashville Predators GDT 1/31/24 4:30pm on TNT, max, & BSW***

Phew! We can all breath now and hope the break is good for the team.

I'm loving this image Kings posted this morning, glad it aged well!

1706761226312.png

McLellan seems to like having Grundstrom in the lineup too. But I would love to see them package Kaliyev and Grundstrom to get a decent draft pick or a sandpaper guy.
If we end up trading them, I hope it's for Kaapo Kakko.

Kempe, Kopitar, and Doughty being the only minus players on the roster tonight.. yep, that lines up with the eye test.
Bad night for the Captain for sure. 2 terrible giveaways with one leading to a goal. 27% (4 of 15) in faceoffs. And generally out of sync all game long. Hope the rest rejuvenates him. His age has been showing.

Quick reminder that Alex Turcotte is only 22 years old. Turns 23 next month. If he stays healthy we could have something special.

Byfield, Turcotte and Clarke all active on the roster…
I hope so but you should probably pump the brakes. Turcotte has 2 points in 14 games after his first game with points. Clarke has 1 A in 6 games this year which tracks with his 3 in 15 career. Byfield looks to be the real deal. We need these kids to regularly perform like Drew and (good) Kopi before I'm ready to say the Kings are passing the torch.

I hope so but you should probably pump the brakes. Turcotte has 2 points in 14 games after his first game with points. Clarke has 1 A in 6 games this year which tracks with his 3 in 15 career. Byfield looks to be the real deal. We need these kids to regularly perform like Drew and (good) Kopi before I'm ready to say the Kings are passing the torch.
Don’t forget Spence. He was the Kings best dman tonight. Maybe his most effective game of the season. Lots of young talent ready to compete for jobs.

I didn't mind this game. Considering the play as of late. Some players made mistakes but other players stepped up to bail them out. Didn't have to solely depend on the top 6. The bottom 6 stepped up. Rittich made some key saves and the post helped out tonight (for both teams :)). All in all, a good road win going into the all star break. They have a week to rest, re-tool, work on some gaps in their play ... hopefully play for each other and not themselves for the last 1/2 .... hope that translates into wins and a playoff run. Come back rested, focused and really give it to Edmonton on the 10th.:taz:

Don’t forget Spence. He was the Kings best dman tonight. Maybe his most effective game of the season. Lots of young talent ready to compete for jobs.
Spence, Rittich, QB, Turcotte and Moore had standout games. But once again we were running around like the Keystone Cops out there at times, and we got saved by the
plumbing several times.

I'll take the ggod puck luck though...the Kings have had their share of bad bounces this month. Even last night the Forsberg goal was a gift off the boards the bounced right on his stick.

The Kings really needed that win for their psyche. And Coach Todd can exhale, st least for the time being.

So no hockey for a week...my liver will be so pleased!

The second star of the game had to be the King's third period goal post
Yep, but with all the bad bounces the Kings have had in the past month, I offer no apologies and thank the goal post wholeheartedly.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Fiala would take the last penalty and/or guessed the final kings goal within +/- 2 mins of 18.51 of the third:

Fiala Final penalty (1 Point)
Rogie-Vachon
jammer06
VegasHockey
Guinevere
KHenry14
mugs
Byron
randdong
JETS GARAGE
Cross Traffic
Drum4Pigs
DRice
Rog or Reg?
AngelEyes
katydid213
Chateau Bow Wow
beady eye
Shackleford
pray4mojo
SirJW
symbology
puckoff
Nyssa42
notbob
Dr. Tran
hornman
sonnyboy11
VCRW

18:21-19.21 thirds (3 points):
DRice
rinkrat
forum gold
Shackleford
SirJW ***** Was only off by 1 second!*****
puckoff
hornman

17:51-19:51 (2 points):
jammer06
Cross Traffic
beady eye
VCRW

16:51-20:00 (1 point):
Rogie-Vachon
KernCoKingFan
AngelEyes
katydid213
notbob ***** Made it by 1 second ****

This list was huge, if I missed someone let me know via message, quote or @ and I'll get you on.

Nashville absolutely should have won that game, but they didnt. Hopefully thats the spark the boys need to get their act cleaned up over the break. Big congratulations to Turcotte for getting through the game healthy and on his first goal and assist. Thank goodness he didn't decide to try for a fight too. Enjoy the allstar weekend everyone and don't expect much these next ten days but with trades starting who knows what will happen.

McLellan seems to like having Grundstrom in the lineup too. But I would love to see them package Kaliyev and Grundstrom to get a decent draft pick or a sandpaper guy.
I’d take that. Would actually prefer a draft pick at this point so they would have the spaces and cap to keep Turcotte and Laf up when Arvy comes back.

I’d take that. Would actually prefer a draft pick at this point so they would have the spaces and cap to keep Turcotte and Laf up when Arvy comes back.
I don’t know if both can stay up when 33 and 46 come back. Hoven thinks they will go with 12 forwards and 7 defensemen.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom