02/23/23 -- Kings 3, Devils 4 (OT)
01/14/23 -- Devils 5, Kings 2

2024-G51-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 4:00PM Pacific**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Mikey Anderson & Jim Hiller 2/13/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Mikey Anderson
On the team not having their energy through the entire night

Yeah, we started slow, I thought when you compare it to the Edmonton game, we weren’t very clean today. I felt like breakouts started on the backend with us, I think we needed to make a few more plays or at least put it in spots for the forwards to handle it. Things just didn’t go our way kind of the whole night and we didn’t do anything to really change it at all and we kind of just stuck with it the whole way.
On the team’s disconnected play on breakouts tonight
That’s just on the breakout side, I thought as a whole we didn’t defend like we normally do. Usually, we might be a little bit tighter, a little quicker, I thought we were a little slower as a whole, but that’s again sometimes just communication, sometimes it just doesn’t work out, they make a good play every now and then too, they’re a very skilled team. They took advantage of the holes they got.
On if the positive energy coming into tonight makes this game that much harder to take
Yeah, obviously we don’t want to give up seven and not score any. Having a performance like that doesn’t feel great, but again, we’ve got a great group of guys here. We’ve been going through it and guys have stuck together, so I don’t think there’s any concern about the group we have here.
On the needed response from a game like this, with important games to follow
We can’t be handing away games right now, but I think we can learn from the things that didn’t go well today, build on it, look at it, see what we need to do or just talk through some of the stuff that wasn’t there that should be.

Jim Hiller
On the team not having it tonight, right from the opening puck drop

Yeah, I think that was clear. I think the first shift, we spent a minute and 10 seconds in our own zone and that probably was a pretty good microcosm of what happened the rest of the way. We just, we weren’t ready, we got fed and it continued to happen for the rest of the game.
On the team’s play in the defensive zone tonight
We turned pucks over in really bad spots. There’s a time they’re not always going to connect, but you can’t turn the puck over up the middle. That’s hockey 101. We failed that tonight, big time. But, if there was another poor area, it was our d-zone coverage and for whatever reason, it was a couple different things, we left people wide open at our net front, confused ourself in coverage. They did a good job, but we just didn’t……I talked about getting back to our identity. Our identity is defense, it’s d-zone coverage. That was nowhere near our identity tonight.
On turnovers by certain individuals that led to goals
We don’t have to look at any individual tonight, that was collective from all of us, coaches included. There’s nobody necessarily you have to say, let us down, we let ourselves down. That’s something that we’re trying to do a better job of. We know where we’re at. We’ve talked about this, going into our first game, we did not answer the challenge of this game and we’ll get to the bottom of it.
On his first bit of adversity as a Head Coach and how he plans to steer the group through it
I’ll say this, I talked about the other night the guys had fun, it was a fun night. No fun today, no fun and we’re not going to do that. We’re not going to play like that. We are going to have energy, we are going to re-commit to our identity, which I said was checking. You saw it, we got away, I don’t know why, we’ll figure it out. We’ll go through the through the tape, we’ll talk to the guys, we’ll get to the bottom of it and we’ll correct it and get going again.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G51-KF.png

2024-G48-KD.png

2024-G51-KGI.png

DEVILS PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G51-DF.png

2024-G51-DD.png

2024-G51-DGI.png

Former Kings
Collin Miller
2024-G51-Miller.png

Tyler Toffoli
2024-G51-Toffoli.png

___________________________________________________________________________________

GOALIE COMPARISON
Devils
2024-G51-Devils-Goalies.png
Kings
2024-G51-Kings-Goalies.png

Players to Watch
Last 5 games
2024-G51-Playersto-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2024-G51-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

How many TOTAL POINTS will be scored in tonight's game by anyone who has ever won a Stanley Cup with Los Angeles? (so, Kopi, Drew, Lewis & TT)
You can take 2 guesses

Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the correct total goals for each period,
and especially to the 3 winners who got all 3 periods correct!:

All three 3,2,2 (3 points):

Cross Traffic
Shackleford
Bill Hicks

First 3 goals (1 point):
Drum4pigs
Guinevere

Second 2 goals (1 point):
JayWells24
Drum4pigs
forum gold
jammer06
Byron
mugs
AngelEyes
Guinevere
KernCoKingFan
JETS GARAGE
katydid213
pray4mojo
empire
Kurisu
Liz4LA
puckoff
hornman
Rog or Reg?
fake_it_make_it

Third 2 goals (1 point):
symbology
Chateau Bow Wow
Madness20721
beady eye
jammer06
randdog
VCRW
KHenry14
Rogie-Vachon
sonnyboy11
pray4mojo
waynet
Kurisu
Liz4LA
puckoff
hornman
JCG388LAKings
Sevenhole

King of the Mountain with 38 points - forum gold

36 points = Angel Eyes, hornman

34 points =

33 points = notbob

32 points = Cross Traffic

30 points = Nyssa42

29 points = mugs, SirJW

28 points = beady eye, jammer06, puckoff, Randdog, Rusty, VegasHockey

27 points = Shackleford, VCRW

26 points = Guinevere, KernCoKingsFan

25 points = Chateau Bow Wow, Jerram, katydid213

24 points = Dr Tran

23 points = Kurisu, Rogie-Vachon

22 points = DRice

21 points = clif, empire, pray4mojo

20 points = Byron, Liz4LA

19 points = Rinkrat, Rog or Reg?, waynet

18 points = DRGinLBC, JayWells24, KHenry14, TooCool

17 points = Bill Hicks, CIrvine, dannybuoy1, Madness20721

16 points =

15 points = Drums4Pigs

14 points = hihocarp, Salty Puck

13 points = sonnyboy11

12 points = symbology

11 points = Sevenhole

10 points =

9 points = JETS GARAGE

8 points = cokingsfan, Ice24

7 points = fake_it_make_it, rfischer

6 points = Busted Chops

5 points = Dexter

4 points = beedee

3 points = HiFi

2 points = JC6388LAKings, Ragbone

1 point = PuckMaster, STONE

photos courtesy of LA Kings on X

Last edited:
3 or 5 total points.

Yeah, I'm so far behind I'm not really trying anymore.

Thanks Nyssa and Jammer

3 or 4 points

Hope the Kings show up tomorrow.

Who likes the new line combos that they may go with.

22/11/55
33/24/12 (if he plays, but it sounds like Arvi practiced with the old linemates today.)
9/80/78
28/38/61

Grundy is out, back in LA.

Go Kings....

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

0,2 points

Good time coming I'm sure

Thanks Nyssa and Jammer

2 or 3 goals

Hope the Kings show up tomorrow.

Who likes the new line combos that they may go with.

22/11/55
33/24/12 (if he plays, but it sounds like Arvi practiced with the old linemates today.)
9/80/78
28/38/61

Grundy is out, back in LA.

Go Kings....
yeah, I'll update the lines in the morning when Daily Faceoff updates. Usually around noon.

It’s a 7:00 pm game in Jersey folks. Set your DVRs - then watch the latest massacre on delay after the sun goes down if the “early start time here in the PST” bothers you.

Yeah - I’m grumpy….

That said: 4 or 6

"Ohhh, Tree or Four... hhheeeeeeeee"

I've used that quote from Pete Puma before, so I'll use it again.

3 or 4

Back
Top Bottom