***LA Kings @ Ottawa Senators GDT 11/2/23

644CE276-B9E0-4D27-8B20-AECE7F16AEC6.jpeg

Got sloppy after a great 35 minutes or so. Got the 2 points which is most important but we need to clean up some of the things that happened in the last 25 min.

Stutzles game reminds me a lot of Fiala, very creative but not a lot of grit and definitely happy to take open space near the blue line.

Fiala has more grit, especially along the boards. But there are similarities.

A good second game on the road. Like many mentioned, they did not play a complete game like versus Toronto, however they still won against a good team. Don’t let up this Saturday against a struggling Flyers team. Keep up the momentum.

So Ballys updated their app & it requires IOS 16, which my phone doesn’t have. So unless I get a new phone, which I’m not doing any time soon, I can’t watch games at work on my phone. So I listened & it sounded like a great game until Ottawa came back. But they hung on to win, which is awesome. And I’m glad Kopi wasn’t injured.
Anyway, I’m going to have to figure out a way to get games without the Ballys Sports app. If anyone’s got any advice I’d appreciate it, either here or a PM.

So Ballys updated their app & it requires IOS 16, which my phone doesn’t have. So unless I get a new phone, which I’m not doing any time soon, I can’t watch games at work on my phone. So I listened & it sounded like a great game until Ottawa came back. But they hung on to win, which is awesome. And I’m glad Kopi wasn’t injured.
Anyway, I’m going to have to figure out a way to get games without the Ballys Sports app. If anyone’s got any advice I’d appreciate it, either here or a PM.
I have iOS 16 and the app is still hot garbage after the last update. Same errors on my phone and iPad. Haven't gotten in since the update and it worked perfectly before it. If you Google it, it's everywhere.

Someone else alluded to this earlier but I love the unselfishness/team mentality of this team. Kempe hasn't started scoring goals as fast as he would like yet driving for the net he sees Grundy open, passes it, Kings Goal and 2 assist for the night. Similarly with Fiala he didn't get an assist last night but just about every other game.

On an unrelated note I don't think I've got a point in the GDT yet for any Kings Wins, I'm willing to make that sacrifice.......:b

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 1 of 24 saves for Talbot and/or 35 saves for Korpisalo:

Talbot 24 saves (2 points)
jammer06
Byron
Chateau Bow Wow
Sevenhole

Talbot 23,25 saves (1 point):
Clif
DRGinLBC
SaltyPuck
Cross Traffic

Korpisalo 35 saves (2 points):
SirJW
puckoff

Korpisalo 34,36 saves (1 point):
DRice
Guinevere
JayWells24

If I missed you please mention me in a post, quote or send me a message, not very confident in that list. For the game though there's 2 main storylines and a 3rd minor line.
Number 1: That game could or should have been 6-1 Kings. Simply put it's a humbling reminder about how score effects and sequences/special teams matter. If the kings dont get that first PP goal, Gavrikov doesn't get his stick on that Batshot, or Kopi doesn't take one off the face the whole complexion of that game changes even though the Kings absolutely were in the drivers seat for the majority of it.
Number 2: The kings depth is absolutely for real, the problem is they are playing by far the most specialty teams game time/game as they are number 2 overall in PP chances 4.4/g and 10th overall in total penalty kills/game at 2.9. So far the coaches are managing it well enough (see tonights gametime where everyone played at least 12ish minutes). At some point they'll need to add a PP3, or acknowledge that they are using PP time to save their legs which will kill percentage.
The minor storyline of the night, Q certainly looked far more effective than the guy that's absolutely outscored the rest of that draft class so far. If Kempe's stick didn't have the yips he's got a hat trick and Q's got 3 apples.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 1 of 24 saves for Talbot and/or 35 saves for Korpisalo:

Talbot 24 saves (2 points)
jammer06
Byron
Chateau Bow Wow
Sevenhole

Talbot 23,25 saves (1 point):
Clif
DRGinLBC
SaltyPuck
Cross Traffic

Korpisalo 35 saves (2 points):
SirJW
puckoff

Korpisalo 34,36 saves (1 point):
DRice
Guinevere
JayWells24

If I missed you please mention me in a post, quote or send me a message, not very confident in that list. For the game though there's 2 main storylines and a 3rd minor line.
Number 1: That game could or should have been 6-1 Kings. Simply put it's a humbling reminder about how score effects and sequences/special teams matter. If the kings dont get that first PP goal, Gavrikov doesn't get his stick on that Batshot, or Kopi doesn't take one off the face the whole complexion of that game changes even though the Kings absolutely were in the drivers seat for the majority of it.
Number 2: The kings depth is absolutely for real, the problem is they are playing by far the most specialty teams game time/game as they are number 2 overall in PP chances 4.4/g and 10th overall in total penalty kills/game at 2.9. So far the coaches are managing it well enough (see tonights gametime where everyone played at least 12ish minutes). At some point they'll need to add a PP3, or acknowledge that they are using PP time to save their legs which will kill percentage.
The minor storyline of the night, Q certainly looked far more effective than the guy that's absolutely outscored the rest of that draft class so far. If Kempe's stick didn't have the yips he's got a hat trick and Q's got 3 apples.
Oh hot damn, I’m finally on the scoreboard! Woo hoo! Thanks Nyssa and Jammer. It’s been awhile since I’ve consistently posted here. GO KINGS GO! GO BYFIELD GO!

After 10 games played, the Kings now have 3 players scoring at 1 or more points per game. Fiala (12); Kempe (11); Kopitar (10). This team is good!

I have iOS 16 and the app is still hot garbage after the last update. Same errors on my phone and iPad. Haven't gotten in since the update and it worked perfectly before it. If you Google it, it's everywhere.
What kind of errors. I will have to watch the game in Philly on Ballys.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom