***LA Kings @ Pittsburgh Penguins Still-Kinda-Early GDT 2/18/24 >>3:00pm<< on BSW***

Congratulations to Juice for scoring his 300th point in the NHL. His 47 points continue to lead the Kings. 2nd in goals, second in assists. Unless injured he will set a career high in points, probably 60-70. He has already eclipsed his career high in assists.

Kempe scored the goals and they were lucky and sweet, however the captain picked off that pass in the air which was incredible. Kopi had the sweet touch on that pass to Kempe. Gavi driving to the net was clutch , all around team goal.

Kempe scored the goals and they were lucky and sweet, however the captain picked off that pass in the air which was incredible. Kopi had the sweet touch on that pass to Kempe. Gavi driving to the net was clutch , all around team goal.
With the exception of a penalty shot, isn’t every goal a team goal? Gavrikov is a very smart hockey player. I love having that guy on this team!

Regarding your side note, are you being sarcastic here? Or are you actually saying you don’t much care for the first King to score 40 goals since… before a lot of ppl who populate the Crypt on any given night were even born? @_@
Yep... No real legit reason. He's proven to be an asset...

Attachments

• IMG_6248.gif
    IMG_6248.gif
    316.3 KB · Views: 4
I just got done watching the recorded game! Way to go Juice! Way to go Talbot! Way to go Kings! I hope we can carry this streak back home. Just as Dubois said last home game, the fans had a lot of energy that helped the Kings. Those here who go to the games, bring the same noise like the game against Edmonton. GO KINGS GO!

Best thing about those two Juice goals was that he actually shot the puck. I was driving from Des Moines back to Chicago so only listened to the first half of the game, but Nick and Jim were talking about how he's just been in-between so much lately, passing when he should shoot, or just not making the play he should be comfortable with. Then with six or seven minutes to go he had the puck during a good shift and just looked lost, ended up trying a weak pass and turning it over. But with the tying goal, he didn't waste any time and just shot the puck. Then on the winner, he didn't try to make a perfect pass, he just shot the puck. He's a scorer, and he needs to shoot, and as soon as he got that through his head, he scored two goals.

If he can get jump started, and with Byfield playing the way he has been, if they can get a couple more guys going, they can make a run.

Sidenote: on the 32 Thoughts podcast, they talked about Nashville tradind Saros, and a possible fit was the Kings in exchange for Kempe. First time I've heard his name in trade talks, and I can't imagine that would be a trade I'd be comfortable with. If everything in net went south, I think I'd be willing to hand over the reins to Portillo before I'd trade a 40 goal scorer.

Sidenote: on the 32 Thoughts podcast, they talked about Nashville tradind Saros, and a possible fit was the Kings in exchange for Kempe. First time I've heard his name in trade talks, and I can't imagine that would be a trade I'd be comfortable with. If everything in net went south, I think I'd be willing to hand over the reins to Portillo before I'd trade a 40 goal scorer.

With prefacing that as saying he was just talking as a guy on a podcast because that’s how the money would work. He’s not actually in trade talks.

I like Marek a lot, but the trouble with talking about every team is you don’t know some of them as well as you think you do.

ok this is funny because I proposed this exact trade in a thread last week. I definitely don’t think Marek reads this board but Saros to LA has been speculated since last season. One of the insiders said he heard Nashville asked for Byfield plus in return.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 7 goals combined or 16 combined PIM's:

7 goals (1 point):
symbology
dannybuoy1
randdog
Guinevere
DRice
SirJW
Dr. Tran
Jerram
Shackleford
pray4mojo
VegasHockey
forum gold
Rog or Reg?
Cross Traffic
DRGinLBC

16 Combined PIMS (1 Point):
sonnyboy11
AngelEyes
katydid213

Saw the first, I was in bed and on radio for the second and slept through the third (Its late in Europe). Great to wake up to Juice highlights in the morning. Hard to believe this team took 6 of 8 on this trip and 2 of the final 60 points available on the season. 29 games to go after this one, 58 more points. If the team plays .600 hockey over the final 30, it will be 98 points on the season. If they play 0.650 hockey thats 101, 0.700 thats 104. Simply put this season could be very much what we all expected at the beginning, but its just taking some weird turns and got a coach fired. Hopefully they've turned that corner cuz if they keep on with that 0.300 hockey it would only be 80 points on the season and everyone would be out on their ass.

ok this is funny because I proposed this exact trade in a thread last week. I definitely don’t think Marek reads this board but Saros to LA has been speculated since last season. One of the insiders said he heard Nashville asked for Byfield plus in return.
sigourney weaver galaxy GIF

Back
Top Bottom