***LA Kings @ Toronto Maple Leafs GDT 10/31/23 5:00pm on ESPN***

I wanted to sleep on this before commenting...
I think this is a glass half full situation because Fiala is playing like crap compared to what we know his 100% level is, but he has 12 points and is on pace for 100+ and is 11th in the NHL in scoring. I mean, if he starts clicking, then does he finish in the top 10 in scoring?

Also, what a nice way to break into the NHL for Alex L. While I'm not convinced he deserves to stick at this point, this is how you introduce a scoring winger into the NHL-- you play him with guys like PLD and Fiala not Lizotte and Pepe.
I agree, I’m not sure that Alex L deserves to stay up over Kaliyev, once arvidsson is ready. But this has given him a good sniff, and now he’ll be able to go down to the A and get his scoring confidence up. A note about Kaliyev, since he is probably the guy who stands to lose his spot to Alex L, when Arvy returns.. is it my imagination, or does Kaliyev seem a bit like the proverbial baby Huey type character? I honestly don’t think the kid knows his own strength, or has yet figured out how to tap into it..

I doubt Arvy will be back before the salary cap restriction runs out. He will probably just stay on LTIR (a la Kucherov) or he will be traded at the deadline if he is determined to be healthy.

I agree, I’m not sure that Alex L deserves to stay up over Kaliyev, once arvidsson is ready. But this has given him a good sniff, and now he’ll be able to go down to the A and get his scoring confidence up. A note about Kaliyev, since he is probably the guy who stands to lose his spot to Alex L, when Arvy returns.. is it my imagination, or does Kaliyev seem a bit like the proverbial baby Huey type character? I honestly don’t think the kid knows his own strength, or has yet figured out how to tap into it..
Yeah I thought laferrieres spot also. But to your point, it appears he is maturing from baby huey. I m an arvy fan and hopefully can be a kucherov type move w the same outcome.

I doubt Arvy will be back before the salary cap restriction runs out. He will probably just stay on LTIR (a la Kucherov) or he will be traded at the deadline if he is determined to be healthy.
Arvy is missed as the right hand shot on the PP. Not having Arvy and Valardi as right handers is killing the PP this year. That right hander down low has a much easier pass to make across to all the lefty shooters. Can also come up from down low and get a forehand shot at the net. A lefty down low on that side would be on his backhand.

Arvy is missed as the right hand shot on the PP. Not having Arvy and Valardi as right handers is killing the PP this year. That right hander down low has a much easier pass to make across to all the lefty shooters. Can also come up from down low and get a forehand shot at the net. A lefty down low on that side would be on his backhand.
I understand all the reasons why he is missed - especially on PP1. But the roster size/salary cap challenges may supersede the benefit of having Arvy back before the playoffs - especially if the Kings are winning without him. Acquiring a goalie at the deadline still has to be prioritized.

I understand all the reasons why he is missed - especially on PP1. But the roster size/salary cap challenges may supersede the benefit of having Arvy back before the playoffs - especially if the Kings are winning without him. Acquiring a goalie at the deadline still has to be prioritized.
Exploiting LTIR helped TB and Vegas win the Cup. Not playing conspiracy and saying it was intentional by other team. But when you get a chance to play that card, looks like you should play that card.

I would love to see Hiller go nuts on the PP1 unit and put Spence on the wing. He’s a right shot, a good passer, has good vision and an above average playmaker. Have him in the Arvidsson role for a game.

I would love to see Hiller go nuts on the PP1 unit and put Spence on the wing. He’s a right shot, a good passer, has good vision and an above average playmaker. Have him in the Arvidsson role for a game.
I just don't think there's any respect for his shot yet

Who is this Arvy player people are referencing?
Lulz.. he’s the guy with the third most goals scored for the Kings over the last two seasons, and that’s just one behind Kopitar for second spot.

I do agree with the posters above stating that we should exploit the LTIR card and resulting cap space. Let Arvy rehab until well after the trade deadline then bring him back around 10 games remaining. If we need to use the space to acquire a missing piece, even better.

Back
Top Bottom