***LA Kings @ Vegas Golden Knights DAY GAME GDT 3/19/22 1:00pm on BSW***

I miss David Courtney’s calls as well. I think any Kings fan will have “Los Angeles goal.......” forever ingrained in their minds. Fun times.

Not to mention his last words as a Kings PA: "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Stanley Cup!". - Spoken in June of 2012. He tragically died the following November, but because of the NHL lockout that year, there had been no games played yet.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed that 4 points would be collected by rostered players wearing #29 or higher:

Kurisu
Dr. Tran
Rogie-Vachon
Rusty
JayWells24
kingrussell
VegasHockey
danybuoy1
Clif
Shackleford
AngelEyes
sonnyboy11
LeftyKing
John a90
Helvetica
Liz4LA
CIrvine
hokiecat
hornman
Nyssa42
Bill Hicks
Reg or Rog?

Clearly this was a popular question and you guys were all over it, unlike the Kings on the Knights. Trevor Moore continues to grow, he owned his mistake in the intermission and went out and did something about it. At least there were signs of life from the first and third lines. Frk is playing his way into a normal job.

Kupari and Vilardi had their moments tonight. Byfield had one or two, but he often looks like the "problem" on that line. He's just not NHL ready imo. So your first line is hot garbage, you have two first rounders who need a center - Line one - Danault, Moore Line 2- Kopitar with Kupari, Vilardi. Force Kempe and Iafallo into less ice time and more of a defensive role. And not bashing 55 btw, still have faith he will be great, but right now it's starting to look a little silly we burned a year of the contract.

Agree with all the above. Anybody know what's happening with Akil Thomas? I mean, I know he's still on the Reign....I don't even remember if he's a center. Seems like he should have had his cup of coffee by now, though, if he was going to be anything. As for burning the year of Byfield's contract...the ankle injury plus Kings injuries really messed up the ability to manage that situation, I think, unfortunately.

How ridiculous is it that a fan base whose team is a fairly solid 2nd in their division is pretty sure our team isn't going too far this post season and we're all OK with that? We would have been ecstatic to be 2nd in the division in 2012! lol...hockey fandom is just so weird....which is why I love it.

Agree with all the above. Anybody know what's happening with Akil Thomas? I mean, I know he's still on the Reign....I don't even remember if he's a center. Seems like he should have had his cup of coffee by now, though, if he was going to be anything. As for burning the year of Byfield's contract...the ankle injury plus Kings injuries really messed up the ability to manage that situation, I think, unfortunately.

How ridiculous is it that a fan base whose team is a fairly solid 2nd in their division is pretty sure our team isn't going too far this post season and we're all OK with that? We would have been ecstatic to be 2nd in the division in 2012! lol...hockey fandom is just so weird....which is why I love it.

Regarding Byfield. He just needs to play NHL games and take his lumps. Playing him with talented players should accelerate the process. I am not sold on playing 13 and 89 with Kopi. His game is kind of slow and I want the kids to play with pace. I also feel like we've been looking 10 years for a scoring winger to play with Kopi and it just never happens. For every prospect or sniper the Kings get, Kopi seems to play better with Williams/Brown/Iafallo than Gaborik/Kovy/prospects. Kopi doesn't seem to mesh well with 30-40 goal guys.

Great point on playoffs! Compared to 2012 we're all certainly older and hopefully wiser. This team has the makings of an elite squad but we're not there yet. I think we all realize what a lottery ticket these prospects are and are realistic about our chances. Still, when the Kings get healthy I can see us being a tough out for someone like Colorado.

Iafallo Kopi Kempe (meh)
Moore Danault Arvy (yes)
Lemieux Lizotte Kaliyev (get the energy line back together)
AA Byfield Kupari (gotta figure this out and get somebody of the 4 1st round centers to start kicking butt)

Mikey Doughty
Edler Durzi
Matta or Toby Roy

Quick Cal

That roster isn't scary. Either a good way but also not in a bad way. No more Oscar Fantenburgs, Sherback, Ladue, Rempal, etc. Pretty much everyone on the roster can play their needed role and we've got some injury depth too. Make the playoffs, get some experience, and hope some of the kids break out.

Anybody know what's happening with Akil Thomas? I mean, I know he's still on the Reign....I don't even remember if he's a center. Seems like he should have had his cup of coffee by now, though, if he was going to be anything..

I went to a Reign game recently & Thomas was centering a line with Vilardi. I though he played well. I don't know why he hasn't gotten a chance yet.

I went to a Reign game recently & Thomas was centering a line with Vilardi. I though he played well. I don't know why he hasn't gotten a chance yet.

Hoven said Thomas’ year is all about injury recovery. Had double shoulder surgery over the off-season. Said the org. is still very high on him.

Hoven said Thomas’ year is all about injury recovery. Had double shoulder surgery over the off-season. Said the org. is still very high on him.

Oh, that's right....I forgot about the shoulder surgery (hey, I've been a "new grandma" for the past 8 months...don't remember anything that happened in the summer!!) So, that's good....I'll bet he gets a good look at the beginning of next season then. He seems like such a good kid from the interviews I've seen with him.

Oh, that's right....I forgot about the shoulder surgery (hey, I've been a "new grandma" for the past 8 months...don't remember anything that happened in the summer!!) So, that's good....I'll bet he gets a good look at the beginning of next season then. He seems like such a good kid from the interviews I've seen with him.

What, you mean you have priorities or something? Congrats btw!

He seems like a great kid who’ll help insert additional character and personality in the room. Should be an effective and versatile bottom six forward too.

There is no other prospect that I can remember rooting to make it with the Kings more than Akil Thomas. Just an outstanding young man.

Back
Top Bottom