TEAM LGK

LGKCrown2.png

Game Day Thread
Game #71/82 -- 4/2/22

2021-22-Game-71-Jets-Away-Logos.jpg

Los Angeles Kings @ Winnipeg Jets

Canada Life Centre | Winnipeg, MB

WASAC Night
(it stands for Winnipeg Aboriginal Sport Achievement Centre)

Previous Meetings

11/13/21 - Kings 2, Jets 3 (OT)
10/28/21 - Jets 3, Kings 2

2021-22-Game-71-Jets-Away-Stats.jpg

**Game Time 4:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Viktor Arvidsson (video), Cal Petersen & Todd MacLellan 3/31/22 Post Game Quotes

Link to Viktor Arvidsson Video
https://twitter.com/i/status/1509744384362831874

Cal Petersen
On the team’s comeback mentality again tonight

Yeah, when they came and took that 2-1 lead, knowing that it was on a back-to-back, it could have been really easy for us to just pack it in, we had a built in excuse, but I don’t think that’s the kind of group that we have. Everybody battled back and made the most of this opportunity and we were able to get an extra pint out of it. It was a tremendous effort by everybody, and a really good character win.
On the team playing to its identity tonight in Calgary
I think it’s one of those things that you have to work for your opportunities, and your chances, for the ability to have things go right. We knew, to play against a team like Calgary, we would need to play the way that helps us win, not try to play their game. I think we stuck to what we do best, checked for our opportunities and played good defense. We sacrificed for each other and I think that’s a good recipe against anybody.
On the shootout and making all three saves
I don’t know, I don’t want to give up any of my secrets, it’s just being patient. You keep tabs on different guys that go in the shootout, around the league, and hopefully you have somewhat of an idea of what they’re going to do. You just have to read and react and hope you can come out on the right side.

Todd McLellan
On if it’s fair to say that was a massive win for the Kings

Yeah, probably a good way of putting it. It was huge to come back. We’re running on fumes, somebody asked me [earlier] today about the heart of the team. These types of wins, the heart just gets bigger and stronger as we go on. I thought tonight was a more complete team effort, because we rolled four lines and played all six D. It’s good for us and I know we’re not skating tomorrow.
On if tonight’s game was one of the toughest tests the Kings have faced this season
Yeah, I would say so. They’re a hell of a team, they do so many things well and they don’t give up a lot. They test you in all three zones, we checked well, we did the things that we needed to do at certain times and Cal did what he needed to do. We’ll take ugly wins, we’ll take good team wins, this time of the year you’ll take anything you can get. We’re happy to have the points in the bank.
On selecting Lias Andersson to lead off the shootout
It’s not surprising at all for us. He’s often going to be the number one guy for us when he’s in the lineup. It’s what he does really well. He’s very good at it.
On Alex Iafallo’s goal and getting off the schneid
Happy for him, because he’s had a lot of chances that haven’t gone in for him. You could see him squeezing the stick a little bit, but in the meantime, he’s paid attention to the other details in his game. Often, when top-end players go dry for a while, they begin to cheat and it doesn’t go well for them. Al isn’t that type of player. The whole bench was happy for him. If I’m him now, I’m shooting every puck I get my hands on, because maybe he’ll turn hot.
On the resiliency tonight to fight back in the third
That’s not surprising for us. We were down 3-1 in Edmonton, we have a pretty good pushback mentality after we get scored on, bump-up shifts we call them. We’ve learned some hard lessons when we didn’t have that, but now we do, so the team doesn’t quit. It’s who we are, it’s in our DNA, it’s a good quality to have at this time of the year.
On the ability to play four lines successfully tonight
It’s huge. We expended a lot of energy last night to get a point in Edmonton. 65 minutes, shootout, playing against a heavy, hard team like Calgary, it zaps you quickly, so you need everybody. That was the plan going in tonight, to roll lines as much as we could. We were fortunate, until the third period, to stay out of the penalty box, so we don’t have to waste a lot of energy there. I thought Cal got us timely whistles when we needed them, so we could shorten the shifts up. We didn’t worry as much about matching, just get fresh guys out all the time. It helped.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G70KF.png

G70KD.png

G65KG.png

Kings Injuries

Mikey Anderson (LTIR)
Andreas Athanasiou (IR)
Dustin Brown (IR)
Drew Doughty (IR)
Brendan Lemieux (IR)
Blake Lizotte
Matt Roy (IR)
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Jets Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G71JF.png

G71-JD.png

G71JG.png

G71JI.png

NO Former Kings

GOALIE STATS

G71GSK.png

G71GSJ.png

PLAYER STATS

G71PSK.png
G71PSJ.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE WILD CARD STANDINGS

G71_WC_Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

The Jets’ leading scorer, Kyle Connor, will be out on Covid Protocol tonight. He has an incredible 82 points on the season (41g, 41a). How many TOTAL POINTS will be scored by ALL FORWARDS in tonight’s game (from both teams)?

You can take 3 guesses.
1 point if you get it right.

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the former Kings would get just 1 point :

Kurisu
srm1105
DRice
Dr. Tran
Helvetica
beedee
Ecktore
sonnyboy11
JayWells24
Busted Chops
John a90
randdog
AngelEyes
Nyssa42
Bill Hicks
VegasHockey
hokiecat
kingsmen93
LeftyKing
hihocarp
Clif
SirJW
Rogie-Vachon

Poll Win Totals

***NOT UPDATED***

King Of The Mountain
with 50 points:

srm1105

45 Points

VegasHockey

44 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
Liz4LA
Reg or Rog?

43 Points

LeftyKing
Sonnyboy11

42 Points

41 Points

Kurisu

40 Points

Bill Hicks
DRice

39 Points

Rusty

38 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
jammer06
pray4mojo

37 Points

36 Points

hornman

35 Points

Helvetica
hokiecat
notbob

34 Points

Nyssa42

33 Points

Dr. Tran

32 Points

kingrussell

31 Points

Busted Chops
JayWells24

30 Points

KHenry14
Shackleford

29 Points

Byron
dannybuoy1

28 Points

27 Points

26 Points

STONE

25 Points

Rogie-Vachon
SirJW

24 Points

23 Points

CIrvine
empire

22 Points

forum gold
Sevenhole

21 Points

20 Points

19 Points

JETS GARAGE
TooCool

18 Points

17 Points

Clif

16 Points

randdog

15 Points

cokingsfan
DRGinLBC

14 Points

13 Points

Dirtweazle
PuckMaster

12 Points

11 Points

beedee
Greg33
kopinator

10 Points

beady eye

9 Points

8 Points

7 Points

kingsmen93
MaxwellSmart

6 Points

Joe Laviguer

5 Points

waynet

4 Points

3 Points

2 Points

Ice24
rinkrat

1 Point

lurker
MBreeden
Ragbone
RoS
Salami
Stormy2213

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

Sorry there are no photos - something is wrong with the NHL website - no pics available​

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

Cmon boys let's get some more of that house money

Thanks, Nyssa!

TOTAL POINTS: 8, 12, 16

Go Kings Go!

9, 12, 14

What luck with Connor out - make it count Kings!

Thank you, Susan et al!

Well… we were all hoping to see meaningful games in April. Now we have our wish. And down the stretch they go!

GKG!!!

Back
Top Bottom