LGK's Hard & Heavy

Here's a newish band I discovered last night, they are called Ghost, they're described as a "satanic Blue Oyster Cult", due to the lyrics, and wearing pope robes with face paint. The music/songs are pretty solid, if you can get past the gimmick.

YouTube - ‪Ghost "Ritual" (OFFICIAL)‬‏

I can't listen to it at work, but is that the Japanese band? I assume not, because the Japanese guys were very psychedelic rock-ish, but I haven't listened to them in a while, so... I dunno.

If it IS the same band, though, I like 'em, too.

Nope, this band is from Sweden. No one knows their identities, rumors are they dudes from other well known metal bands...but which just adds to their mystery/gimmick.

Here's a newish band I discovered last night, they are called Ghost, they're described as a "satanic Blue Oyster Cult", due to the lyrics, and wearing pope robes with face paint. The music/songs are pretty solid, if you can get past the gimmick.

YouTube - ‪Ghost "Ritual" (OFFICIAL)‬‏

Manohman(not to be confused with Manowar) they do sound like BOC. and that ain't a bad thing at all!!!!!!

Ghost almost exclusively sounds like Mercyful Fate/King Diamond. Musicwise at least.

And since you mentioned Yob, pay attention to the other band playing Dark Castle they are ****ing awesome! i definitely recommend their two albums, crushing doom metal fronted by a chick.

BTW tickets for Ghost/Enslaved/Alcest (Great blackened shoegaze) at the troubadour go on sale tomorrow!

i just made this at work

DSC00752.jpg

Get back ta work, ya slacker!

It is nice though. ;)

Lol! On that Hitler video! Now I want to listen to that Morbid Angel video, um, out of Morbid Curiosity. ;)

metalfail.jpg

Ghost almost exclusively sounds like Mercyful Fate/King Diamond. Musicwise at least.

And since you mentioned Yob, pay attention to the other band playing Dark Castle they are ****ing awesome! i definitely recommend their two albums, crushing doom metal fronted by a chick.

BTW tickets for Ghost/Enslaved/Alcest (Great blackened shoegaze) at the troubadour go on sale tomorrow!
I agree, there's some Mervyful Fate/King Diamond, but theres also a bit of 70s rock (BOC) in there, listened to the album a couple times last night, it rules.

And yep, Dark Castle is ****ing awesome, I haven't heard the new album yet, waiting to buy it on vinyl. The last one was crushing, going to be an excellent show, as well as the Ghost/Enslaved/Alcest at the Troub.

Lol! On that Hitler video! Now I want to listen to that Morbid Angel video, um, out of Morbid Curiosity. ;)

metalfail.jpg

Hey man...I like Music from The Elder, even though Ezrin completely neutered Ace's guitars, no doubt under the command of the loathesome reptile.

Hey...I pass the echoplex on my way home every night. How is that place? Smallish?

Rock and Roll is dead. It's all about dance music now, where you been?

Rock and Roll is dead. It's all about dance music now, where you been?

ROCK is dead when they pull my lps/cassettes/8-tracks from my cold dead fingers. Rock isn't dead, it is just underground again like it was in the past...and one day It Shall Rise Up again and people will grow mullets and wear torn acid washed jeans and moccasin boots, and bandanas will be used for more than just tourniquets, bullet-belts and bad dragon earrings bought on Hollywood Boulevard in dingy storefronts will once again rule the world.

OR not.:facepalm:

:firefire:

manooghi.jpg

Just bought this on Amazon based on a song I heard on a sampler...Ohm Baba. Apparently from Seattle and ****ing catchy as hell

To oversimplify, it?s like this: panoramic rock ?n? roll fronted by a petite, beautiful Indian woman scat singing in Hindi. The cross-pollination is dizzying ? East and West, ancient and modern, pop and classical, ecstatic spiritualism and headbanging rock. The potential for Rusted Root-style world groove dilettantism arises and is crushed by the frontwoman?s chops. It?s hard to argue her authenticity. Her name is Mehnaz, and it turns out the Mumbai native is a big deal in India, having recorded a national pop hit in 1996. Now she?s working with a crew of veteran Seattle rockers in effort to do something truly unprecedented. It?s an ambitious project and a stylistic departure for a town very much rooted in rock ?n? roll tradition.?

Sometimes I get lost on Youtube and end up watching a bunch of coverbands. It's somewhat of a guilty pleasure.

Here's a guy sounding just like Geoff Tate from Queensryche, it's uncanny
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXEbJ43VYRs"]YouTube - ‪Walk in the Shadows - Fortune‬‏[/nomedia]

Here's some Judas Priest coverband and you wouldn't believe the pipes on this guy
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT-GBQVO_mc"]YouTube - ‪Xciter-Quorum Party‬‏[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMg2SDmAmIM"]YouTube - ‪Jex Thoth - Warrior Woman‬‏[/nomedia]

:love29:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-1Wnr2lR-c"]YouTube - ‪The Rods - Vengeance‬‏[/nomedia]

The new RODS cd is brilliant!!!!!!!!:firefire:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom