Magic number thread?

boy1der

Your attention please...
Remember the good ol' days when we were getting down to the nitty gritty of the season and someone would post a thread with the "magic numbers"? Yeah...I miss those threads. I have to admit, I don't know how to figure all that out (because I'm kinda lazy) but is there anyone here that will do it? It's a ton more fun to score-watch with the numbers game going on. Please...someone hook a fansite up!

I believe now Kings just have to win three of the next six to completely control their own destiny. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Remember the good ol' days when we were getting down to the nitty gritty of the season and someone would post a thread with the "magic numbers"? Yeah...I miss those threads. I have to admit, I don't know how to figure all that out (because I'm kinda lazy) but is there anyone here that will do it? It's a ton more fun to score-watch with the numbers game going on. Please...someone hook a fansite up!
The magic number is 97 pts. Blues can only get 96, only team that can oust us out of a playoff spot. Win 3, we automatically clinch without relying on other teams. Hopefully tonight that pt total is cut to 2.😁

Posted on the lakings instagram: Magic Number = 2
Remaining points the Kings need to gain or STL/MIN to drop to clinch a playoff spot

Wow, GO KINGS, apparently, a Blues loss to Anaheim today and a Minnesota tie in Regulation against the Blackhawks gets us in. How about finishing strong, with 5 more in a row, finishing with 103 Pts

Making the playoffs has been a foregone conclusion for a couple of weeks from my POV. I just didn't see MIN or STL catching the Kings. It is more of a question of who the Kings will play in the 1st round....and whether they have a chance to win it.

jom

The Kings just need 3 points in their remaining five games. A regulation win plus an OT appearance or 3 OT appearances. That would put them at 96 pts where STL can get to 95 pts only if they go 4-0 in their remaining games. If the Kings go 1-4 AND the Blues go 4-0, STL would finish with a record of 45-32-5 against a Kings record of 42-29-11. Even if the Kings were to go 0-5 down the stretch, STL still needs 6 pts. To get that they'd hafta win 2 games by any means, plus a win or two OT appearances. They'd get the WC spot by way of the wins tie-breaker.

So it ain't over for at least 2 more games. STL has the tougher schedule, playing against Carolina and Dallas in their remaining four.

Making the playoffs has been a foregone conclusion for a couple of weeks from my POV. I just didn't see MIN or STL catching the Kings. It is more of a question of who the Kings will play in the 1st round....and whether they have a chance to win it.

jom
Latest simulations have the Kings facing Edmonton at around 50%. Dallas 30% Vancouver 20%.

Latest simulations have the Kings facing Edmonton at around 50%. Dallas 30% Vancouver 20%.
I guess Vegas has a tougher schedule than the Kings otherwise they'd be playing EDM. To be honest the best outcome for the Kings is to play VAN because I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell against either EDM or DAL.

jom

Personally my preferences are VAN > DAL > OIL because I think we match up well against Van and they kinda seem scared of us. Dallas I think we didn't have much fair shots at during the year and if we're gonna first round exit fire everyone DAL has the best chance of making that happen. I hate the Oilers and am tired of all their faces and names, but I think we can beat them (if Kings show up with #1 PK, etc.). Winning chance wise I think it's a toss up honestly. Playoffs be playoffs. Kings appear to be getting slightly hot and everyone's healthy.

If the Kings blow every game here on out they deserve to miss. Notice I say "we" if we're in the playoffs and "they" if they miss it. o_O

Anyone else get an email about Kings playoff tickets? I guess they punched the ticket.

got my single ticket to game this morning. I hate that the site wont let me buy a single ticket if there is one vacant seat open next to it, forcing me to buy 2 seats or pick another seat as long as it isnt 2 seats next to each other(3 seats is ok tho)

got my single ticket to game this morning. I hate that the site wont let me buy a single ticket if there is one vacant seat open next to it, forcing me to buy 2 seats or pick another seat as long as it isnt 2 seats next to each other(3 seats is ok tho)

Enjoy! I haven't been to a playoff game since we eliminated the ducks in 2014.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom