***Minnesota Wild vs. LA Kings GDT 3/20/24 7:00pm <<another early start on TNT

Grandma Kopi is our new Spirit Animal!! She had better be planning to stay for several months.

Definitely one of the weirdest, if not THE weirdest game I've ever been at. Not just because all of the penalties, but because it was like the Wild were not playing bad, but we were just playing amazing. I swear they were like in slow motion or something! I kept trying to figure out how/why we were playing so good, because the Wild seemed to be playing their positions, getting chances. But just looking terrible doing so.

Fun times! Hope we can keep it up on Saturday.

at least some of you will get points for the "saves" questions.....'cause, wow, that 2 game question about the goals....lol

Kings are getting healthy at the perfect time. I’d really like to see Grundstrom back on that 4th line.
Seriously, Grundi will bring energy, punch, and a wicked wrist shot. Remember him turning on serious playoff mode 2 seasons ago?
When he's back we are even deeper, godspeed.

Grandma Kopi is our new Spirit Animal!! She had better be planning to stay for several months.

Definitely one of the weirdest, if not THE weirdest game I've ever been at. Not just because all of the penalties, but because it was like the Wild were not playing bad, but we were just playing amazing. I swear they were like in slow motion or something! I kept trying to figure out how/why we were playing so good, because the Wild seemed to be playing their positions, getting chances. But just looking terrible doing so.

at least some of you will get points for the "saves" questions.....'cause, wow, that 2 game question about the goals....lol
Sounds like a blast. Wish I was there.

I had initially planned on going...but missed the entire game...had some granddaughter drama. When you have three daughters and seven granddaughters, drama happens on a regular basis.

One of my granddaughters is being home-schooled because the kids were making fun of her cuz she's chubby. Anyway, she had a B-day party and she snuck out to the kitchen to get some cake at night...she's not supposed to do that...and trying to get a fork out of the drawer stealthily, she pulled the drawer out too far and the silverware fell out and a knife went through her foot.

For anyone that's ever cut their foot, you know they bleed big time...and you can imagine the poor thing was scared to death.

She's okay...just a few stiches...but between her and my daughter, is was freak-out city.

Just another day in the life of a grandpa...

...sounds like the Kings were on-fire. Damn, I really wanted to watch that game.

Sounds like a blast. Wish I was there.

I had initially planned on going...but missed the entire game...had some granddaughter drama. When you have three daughters and seven granddaughters, drama happens on a regular basis.

One of my granddaughters is being home-schooled because the kids were making fun of her cuz she's chubby. Anyway, she had a B-day party and she snuck out to the kitchen to get some cake at night...she's not supposed to do that...and trying to get a fork out of the drawer stealthily, she pulled the drawer out too far and the silverware fell out and a knife went through her foot.

For anyone that's ever cut their foot, you know they bleed big time...and you can imagine the poor thing was scared to death.

She's okay...just a few stiches...but between her and my daughter, is was freak-out city.

Just another day in the life of a grandpa...

...sounds like the Kings were on-fire. Damn, I really wanted to watch that game.

You sure love discussing your personal life on here. Rog or Reg's personal Facebook. 😏

Hope she get's better soon.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within+/-2 of 31 saves for the kings or 21 saves for the Wild:

30,32 saves kings (2 points):
Madness20721
Guinevere
JETS GARAGE
Rusty
beady eye
notbob
Rog or Reg?
Liz4LA
katydid213

29,33 saves kings (1 point):
hornman
Rogie-Vachon
Nyssa42

19,23 saves wild (1 point):
sonnyboy11

That was such a thorough dismantling that by the end it was hard to remember the Wild actually had the first two shots on goal and buzzed for a minute or so in the beginning. Dave had a huge save early and maybe that really got it rolling. It certainly prevented that feeling of the kings deserving more in the first. I don't mind the wholesale 10 minutes being handed out, it might be "lazy" but you know what, the antics stopped and nobody got hurt. That's a success from our side. If anyone thinks otherwise they are proponents of sour grapes and definitely the people I hate having the littlest bit of power because they will absolutely exercise it to the fullest.

The best part of these idiots losing their sh*t about PLD is they literally didn’t say a word about Foligno running Rittich. Nothing. Not a mention.

That was painful as hell to listen to all night, especially when they lost their minds over Dubois pushing Faber a slight bit, they acted like he jumped on him and was afraid of Hartman? Dubois a big dude lol.. When they ran Rittich I was very confused why it was COMPLETE radio silence, and why nobody on the Kings smacked the sh*t out of him.

Meanwhile Kopi with a game misconduct and post game misconduct - guy's out of control.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within+/-2 of 31 saves for the kings or 21 saves for the Wild:

30,32 saves kings (2 points):
Madness20721
Guinevere
JETS GARAGE
Rusty
beady eye
notbob
Rog or Reg?
Liz4LA
katydid213

29,33 saves kings (1 point):
hornman
Rogie-Vachon
Nyssa42

19,23 saves wild (1 point):
sonnyboy11

That was such a thorough dismantling that by the end it was hard to remember the Wild actually had the first two shots on goal and buzzed for a minute or so in the beginning. Dave had a huge save early and maybe that really got it rolling. It certainly prevented that feeling of the kings deserving more in the first. I don't mind the wholesale 10 minutes being handed out, it might be "lazy" but you know what, the antics stopped and nobody got hurt. That's a success from our side. If anyone thinks otherwise they are proponents of sour grapes and definitely the people I hate having the littlest bit of power because they will absolutely exercise it to the fullest.
Did you also calculate the 2 game question from the Blackhawks GDT? I guessed incorrectly, but I'm glad I guessed incorrectly. 12 goals in 2 games is ah-maze-ing

Did you also calculate the 2 game question from the Blackhawks GDT? I guessed incorrectly, but I'm glad I guessed incorrectly. 12 goals in 2 games is ah-maze-ing
I'm really good at making up questions that no one ends up getting correct. Even when I'm trying to make them a no-brainer, the Kings have a special way of making sure no one in the GDT gets any points.

That was painful as hell to listen to all night, especially when they lost their minds over Dubois pushing Faber a slight bit, they acted like he jumped on him and was afraid of Hartman? Dubois a big dude lol.. When they ran Rittich I was very confused why it was COMPLETE radio silence, and why nobody on the Kings smacked the sh*t out of him.

Meanwhile Kopi with a game misconduct and post game misconduct - guy's out of control.
Both the TNT play-by-play crew and studio crew were God awful. Leah Hextall level bad.

People can bitch all they want but PLD is starting to beast a bit.
That's the PLD that helped Columbus sweep Tampa Bay a few years ago so although he's not had the greatest of seasons no doubt I think these were his 2 best back to back games of the season. The funniest thing was Boucher calling him a punk for "jumping" Faber, that was hardly a jump and you know fans would have been all over him for fighting at the end of a 6-0 game going into business for himself to coin a wrestling phrase.

Live look at Fleury after last night's game:

1711043532067.png

We made Minnesota look like Dallas made us look.

one more interesting thought about last night: The crowd was REALLY rockin'. Way smaller crowd than the night before for the Hawks, but everyone was really into cheering, etc. Not many MN fans (unlike the extreme number of annoying Hawks fans who all left before the 3rd, ha ha!!)

It was so nice that for 2 games in a row the "You've Gotta Fight for Your Right To Party" segment was NOT the most interesting/cheered for part of the game. (it's usually the 2nd commercial break of the 3rd). It's much more fun to sing along when we are winning.

one more interesting thought about last night: The crowd was REALLY rockin'. Way smaller crowd than the night before for the Hawks, but everyone was really into cheering, etc. Not many MN fans (unlike the extreme number of annoying Hawks fans who all left before the 3rd, ha ha!!)

It was so nice that for 2 games in a row the "You've Gotta Fight for Your Right To Party" segment was NOT the most interesting/cheered for part of the game. (it's usually the 2nd commercial break of the 3rd). It's much more fun to sing along when we are winning.
Always seas of other teams jerseys when it's an Original 6. Hate that!

That's the PLD that helped Columbus sweep Tampa Bay a few years ago so although he's not had the greatest of seasons no doubt I think these were his 2 best back to back games of the season. The funniest thing was Boucher calling him a punk for "jumping" Faber, that was hardly a jump and you know fans would have been all over him for fighting at the end of a 6-0 game going into business for himself to coin a wrestling phrase.
I would thank my lucky stars one day to cross paths with either Boucher or Eddie-o, just to have an opportunity to let them know they’re punk ass bitch broadcasters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom