GDT ***Minnesota Wild vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 4/15/24 >>>6:30pm<<< on ESPN***

Just wondering out loud here but what if the lack of effort has some connection to avoiding the Oilers in Round 1? Not saying they threw the game but what if there was some bit of avoidance in the effort level we saw last night. I really can’t make sense of it otherwise.

Gaming this out in my head but can it be rationalized that losing isn’t the end of the world because at least they won’t get embarrassed by the Oilers for a 3rd year in a row?
I hope this was 100% the case. The OIL will stomp us into oblivion this time around.
AND YOU ALL KNOW IT, even if you won't admit it.

Here's hoping Vegas is dumb enough to win tonight against the Hawks & we in turn tank against them
Thursday to ensure we avoid The OIL in round 1.

All this jibber jabber about money's worth, turning it on/off etc...is just noise that will mean jack squat
once playoffs start.

DAL/VAN may whup us as well but I'll take my chances with a clean slate versus what we know the OIL will do.

Just wondering out loud here but what if the lack of effort has some connection to avoiding the Oilers in Round 1? Not saying they threw the game but what if there was some bit of avoidance in the effort level we saw last night. I really can’t make sense of it otherwise.

Gaming this out in my head but can it be rationalized that losing isn’t the end of the world because at least they won’t get embarrassed by the Oilers for a 3rd year in a row?

I don't think there was anything Oilers related playing into this. I mean, do they really want to play Dallas? Unfortunately, I think this is just a team still finding their game which can't happen at game 82.

I hope this was 100% the case. The OIL will stomp us into oblivion this time around.

Here's hoping Vegas is dumb enough to win tonight against the Hawks & we in turn tank against them

All this jibber jabber about money's worth, turning it on/off etc...is just noise that will mean jack squat
once playoffs start.

DAL/VAN may whup us as well but I'll take my chances with a clean slate versus what we know the OIL will do.
Choose your poison: Stabbed to death by stars or choked by Oilers? Either way, it's not looking pretty.

I agree! I think everyone should be questioning if this squad has the winning mentality. We already know they quit on one coach this season. Some games it looks like they’re read to quit on a second.

I thought this team had a real odd ON/OFF switch since quite early when we couldn't win at home but were bonkers on the road. I remember jokingly thinking to myself they're saving themselves for the playoffs. Then I stopped joking with myself and had my normal arguments.

once playoffs start.

I'd rather play the Oilers than the Stars, but does it really matter?

And tanking is for losers.

Winners play to win.

Back
Top Bottom