***Nashville Predators vs. LA Kings GDT 2/22/24 7:30pm on ESPN+ & Hulu***

I hear you BUT Sunday Bloody Sunday is and always will be a banger.

I have no problem with people enjoying their music, but was just adding to the case of making fun of said band :D. Most of it's probably better than what we saw on the ice last night I'm sure. Having said that I'm a Grateful Dead+Beatles era / oddly death metal fan which are all just as easy to make fun of in their own ways.

I can't take a band seriously when they have a guy named "Bono" and "The Edge" and his tone consists solely of 15 delay pedals. I just can't. At least they play instruments I'll give em that. It's always been fashionable I think to crap on U2.
I think people crap on them because of Bono's bigger than life, often "look at me" personality. I've always been a fan, loved their show at the Sphere a couple weeks ago. Bono's book is a good read as well. He's quite self-deprecating and comes off quite different than his stage persona at times.

Re: U2... As with all judgments about art, music, literature and such... after many decades of life I've arrived at the reasoned conclusion that I am always objectively, inarguably correct, and those who disagree with me are ignorant, uncultivated, philistines beneath my contempt... But the Kings, man did they suck last night.

I'll say it until my face turns blue, they don't have the type of players that they need to succeed in the playoffs. I don't see players like Richards, Greene, Stoll or a Williams out there. Players with tremendous heart and some skill.

Re: U2... As with all judgments about art, music, literature and such... after many decades of life I've arrived at the reasoned conclusion that I am always objectively, inarguably correct, and those who disagree with me are ignorant, uncultivated, philistines beneath my contempt... But the Kings, man did they suck last night.

Well of course.

I'll say it until my face turns blue, they don't have the type of players that they need to succeed in the playoffs. I don't see players like Richards, Greene, Stoll or a Williams out there. Players with tremendous heart and some skill.
Which teams have those types of players?

Which teams have those types of players?
Right? Because when you find it, you end up overpaying massively for a guy like Yanni Gourde. I’d love to see Konecny from the flyers on our roster, but that would have needed to take place a season and a half a go, because the guy has exploded this year.

These are guys that eveyone wants on their roster, but they also have to be useful and productive players, and they don’t come cheap. It’s also extremely difficult to identify thee intangibles, because well.. they’re intangibles.

Last edited:
Right? Because when you find it, you end up overpaying massively for a guy like Yanni Gourde. I’d love to see Konecny from the flyers on our roster, but that would have needed to take place a season and a half a go, because the guy has exploded this year.

These are guys that eveyone wants on their roster, but they also have to be useful and productive players, and they don’t come cheap. It’s also extremely difficult to identify thee intangibles, because well.. they’re intangibles.
Exactly. And I’m a firm believer that the game has fundamentally changed from the Lombardi era. Just like there was a fundamental change from the run and gun early 90s to grind it out late 90s. There’s always cycles. The game constantly evolves and devolves in waves.

A team simply can’t defense and goaltend their way to a Cup right now. You need a potent offense just to stay ahead or catch up to a team like Colorado or Edmonton should they get a lead.

That being said I don’t think it was a coincidence that the Kings effort looked awful the very first game that Arvidsson is out week to week. He’s a full effort, high character guy and maybe more importantly he’s a skilled right shot forward. I’m starting to wonder if that’s what Blake should be chasing right now. High effort, skill, right shot forward.

I see Jordan Eberle as a natural fit except for that cap hit. Hell I wouldn’t even be mad if Blake takes a chance on Jeff Carter.

When exactly did it become fashionable to crap on U2? I get that not everybody likes their music but they've made a lot of great music for a long time.

I would comment on the game except the game isn't worth commenting on.

Been happening since Jimmy Carter was in office (hey, I made the thread political !). No band gets s*** on more than the boys from Mount Temple, it seems. But I guess millions of music fans must be deaf just cuz those who love to loathe continue their loathsome loathe parade. :violin:

In order to win, you need these players.

Kempe played LD for the entirety of the 3rd period after the Anderson injury - reprising his Federov impression from a few games ago. Nice to see the faith Hiller has in Kempe’s defensive abilities. Juice sure has come a long way to become a premium 2-way forward.

Of course, so let me know who we should be targeting, and I’ll schedule a meeting with Bowlby and get’er done
it's not Kaliyev, Lizotte, PLD, Grundstrom, Arvidsson, JAD. These players do not make it difficult to play against the Kings. I like Lizotte, however, come playoff time, not a factor.
Is it possible to identify these players before they win or can you only know they’re winners after they win?
Sam Bennett. You need players that will wear the other team down in 7 games. What team will the Kings scare if they make the playoffs?

Kempe played LD for the entirety of the 3rd period after the Anderson injury - reprising his Federov impression from a few games ago. Nice to see the faith Hiller has in Kempe’s defensive abilities. Juice sure has come a long way to become a premium 2-way forward.
This is true. That being said he got torched on the GWG. Less of that and more of the 5 on 5 goals would be ideal.

This is true. That being said he got torched on the GWG. Less of that and more of the 5 on 5 goals would be ideal.
Wouldn’t have happened if Clarke and Kopi hadn’t both screwed the pooch trying to clear that puck. The guy who scored came off the bench and no one saw him. Kempe was on the wrong side of the play and paid the price.

Watch U2 at Red Rocks…1983.
Spectacular
ZooTV in Sidney (1993) is the concert on YouTube I watch time and time again. Truly their peak.

Trent Reznor and Marilyn Manson met with Bono backstage on that tour and my pet theory is that MM was hugely influenced by Bono’s showmanship and crafted his own stage persona as a dark, almost opposite version.

I can't take a band seriously when they have a guy named "Bono" and "The Edge" and his tone consists solely of 15 delay pedals. I just can't. At least they play instruments I'll give em that. It's always been fashionable I think to crap on U2.
Crapping on big name bands is always in fashion.
I saw U2 at the Sphere last weekend and was really impressed at how Bono's voice still sounds great. If I was the Predators, I'd be pissed about missing the show too. I think they took out their frustrations on the Golden Knights and the Kings just sucked last night.

Kings need to turn it around against the Ducks tomorrow. Come out playing hard from the opening shift and don't let up.

Back
Top Bottom