***New Jersey Devils vs. LA Kings GDT 3/3/24 >>12:30pm<< on TNT & max***

Fiala is playing the best hockey of his Kings career over the last month or so. He’s single handedly fixed the Kings PP.
I think that was me when I posted 6-7 games back, inquiring as to where Fiala’s wicked pull and drag wrister had disappeared to. But sure, you can give credit to the actual guy on the ice, if it makes you feel better..

Jack Hughes is by far my least favorite of the new wave of 1 dimensional superstars. He’s somehow a more obnoxious version of Patrick Kane.
His little tantrum last time we played the devils certainly has done nothing to endear him to me. You saw what he actually said to Arvy after the play, right?

Eddie Oldasheck just couldn’t stop twisting that knife into Cam about the losing streak. Into the last minute the dude just can’t get off it. All the while Cam puts up a 31 save performance. Probably shoulda been a shutout.

Color me commentated.

His little tantrum last time we played the devils certainly has done nothing to endear him to me. You saw what he actually said to Arvy after the play, right?
I loved that YouTube video of the lip reading. Minus two points there for ole Jacky. One point for ego douche hole “it’s all about me” attitude. And one point for being dumb enough not to shield his mouth.

Pretty good period once we got past the 1st 15 seconds.
I am surrounded by a sea, no, an OCEAN, of Devils fans in section 108.
It was fine even in the first 15 seconds. That was a bad bounce and in the course of a game sh*t is gonna happen.

What a game! Decided to not score watch. After the first goal, I was a lil worried Kings would not play well although it was a weird bounce off the boards. 2 more TEAM wins in a row! C’mon boys let’s keep the streak and great play going! Congrats on the hattie for Danault. What a pass by Roy!

Afternoon game bit me in the butt again... up with my cousin all night ...my aunt died ...a lot of death this week ...

...woke up late grabbed a six pack came back home and see what time the game started and there's 13 minutes left in the third.

They probably heard me scream "F****k!" in El Segundo

Totally spaced on the start time but nice to see were ahead!
So sorry for your losses. I pray God gives comfort to you and your family. 🙏

Feel for you, I’m in San Antonio this week. My mom passed last Saturday. Kings bringing a smile my face
I feel for you too. My mom passed June 2022 and my nephew a month later.. it’s been quite hard on my family. The grief comes in waves at times. Prayers for you sevenhole..🙏 Kings hockey has been a good distraction for me as well.

watching the TV broadcast now, and it's confirming what my eyes were telling me in person - Luke Hughes is a much better player than Jack Hughes. The kid is fast, fast, fast. Pretty small for a Dman, but I think he'll make it work.

And on our side....Laferriere just gets better and better every game. Byfirled, Turcotte, Laferriere....get used to hearing those names a lot in the near future. All 3 were outstanding today - you can see them gaining confidence every game.

Also....I'm so glad we didn't score on that first PP because the penalty was as lame on TV as it looked in person - pretty sure Moore just fell down on his own. Devils got the make-up call pretty quickly after that PP, too, on a lame holding call on Moverare

Last edited:
more thoughts now that I've watched the whole game -

the announcers blaming poor Talbot for McLellan getting fired?? TWICE!! Uh, no, guys....it was Todd McLellan that got Todd McLellan fired.

Hopefully Gavy is OK. I thought that late-game block was off his nuts, but on the TV it looks like off his ankle. Hopefully it was just nerve pain and not a bone. He was in so much pain, and the Kings kept icing it and he couldn't get off the ice. I didn't know he had also gotten a hand injury earlier in the game, too.

and, last but not least, why can't Bally's use the same cameras/camera angle as this TNT broadcast??

more thoughts now that I've watched the whole game -

the announcers blaming poor Talbot for McLellan getting fired?? TWICE!! Uh, no, guys....it was Todd McLellan that got Todd McLellan fired.

Hopefully Gavy is OK. I thought that late-game block was off his nuts, but on the TV it looks like off his ankle. Hopefully it was just nerve pain and not a bone. He was in so much pain, and the Kings kept icing it and he couldn't get off the ice. I didn't know he had also gotten a hand injury earlier in the game, too.

and, last but not least, why can't Bally's use the same cameras/camera angle as this TNT broadcast??

Ballys just plain sux

Are all Kings games on SiriusXM radio? I never checked.
They’re on the SiriusXM app. Every NHL team has it’s own channel & the Kings are on 933. And unlike the iHeart app, you can pause, fast forward, & rewind. It’s how I listen at work on my breaks. The only drawback is you have to listen within a certain time, I think 3 hours, before the broadcast ends.

I couldn’t watch but I listened & it was a great game. Congratulations of course to Phil for the hatty. Pretty crazy that’s his 1st 3 goals at home. But Fiala is on one right now. He’s had 8 points in 3 games. I can’t predict how the Kings will do the rest of the way but I’m feeling pretty optimistic that they’ll improve their standings.

Go Kings Go!

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Danault and/or Meier for each teams respective first goals:

Both (2 points):
HiFi
pray4mojo
katydid213

Danault (1 point):
Bill Hicks
Symbology

Meier (1 point):
Rogie-Vachon
VegasHockey
forum gold
notbob
Guinevere

Rusty
VCRW
Chateau Bow Wow
hornman
sonnyboy11
beady eye
Shackleford
Liz4LA
JC6338LAKings

Well at least we're back to making bad teams look bad. Feel great for Danault, that should help relax him a bit. Great way to spend an afternoon outside in Chicago yesterday where we might have hit 70 degrees. Now we turn our heads to Tuesdays tilt.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Danault and/or Meier for each teams respective first goals:

Both (2 points):
HiFi
pray4mojo
katydid213

Danault (1 point):
Bill Hicks

Meier (1 point):
Rogie-Vachon
VegasHockey
forum gold
notbob
Guinevere

Rusty
VCRW
Chateau Bow Wow
hornman
sonnyboy11
beady eye
Shackleford
Liz4LA
JC6338LAKings

Well at least we're back to making bad teams look bad. Feel great for Danault, that should help relax him a bit. Great way to spend an afternoon outside in Chicago yesterday where we might have hit 70 degrees. Now we turn our heads to Tuesdays tilt.
Good job by those who picked Danault. The “no goals at home” thing scared me away.

Yeah, I figured Danault was due. I had Meier on my list as well, but took him off at the last minute. Could have picked up 2 points for the first time ever. Not that it matters, that Jammer guy does not want to give me my points regardless.

I am kidding Jammer, though it does look like you missed the fact that I had Danault on my list.

Good job by those who picked Danault. The “no goals at home” thing scared me away.
I initially had Danault....but I couldn't think of a cute nickname for him like 'Thousand Oaks Native' or 'Dewy' ... so I went with no goals.

Yeah, I figured Danault was due. I had Meier on my list as well, but took him off at the last minute. Could have picked up 2 points for the first time ever. Not that it matters, that Jammer guy does not want to give me my points regardless.

I am kidding Jammer, though it does look like you missed the fact that I had Danault on my list.
I'll get you added, power outage this morning so I was doing it on the phone, surprised I didn't miss more people

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom