WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH CELEBRATION

Previous Meeting

11/02/23 -- Kings 3, Senators 2
2024-G62-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:30PM**

MEDIA.jpg

TV: BSW
Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Moore (video), Gavrikov, & Hiller 3/5/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Vladislav Gavrikov
On his impressions from tonight’s game

I would say we had a good first period, second period was a little scrambled because we got a couple penalties and some guys didn’t play enough, some guys were overplayed, that was up and down. Solid third, we had a couple chances to score, but unfortunately didn’t accomplish that. So, just got to be ready for next games, we’ll play that team twice again, so we’ve got to be ready for that.
On if tonight was a good point, considering the grind throughout the night
I would say it’s always disappointing, we didn’t accomplish that, but I feel we’re in a pretty good direction right now as a team. We’ve just got to work day by day and step by step. It’s not going to be a huge jump right away. We’ve just got to fight to get two points every single night, that’s our goal.
On Cam Talbot’s performance in getting the team through the 2nd period
Our goaltenders are huge for us all the time. Talbs kept us in that period, pretty solid, he made a couple of huge saves for us, which is great. Him and Ritter are doing good.
On how the 11/7 approach has impacted the defensemen
It’s fine for us. We are rotating pretty good. I mean, it’s maybe a little harder for the forwards, but as a D, I don’t feel anything, because we can play with everyone. We’re fine with that.

Jim Hiller
On his takeaways from the overtime defeat tonight

That was a hard game tonight, I give them credit, they played very well. They pushed us in the second period, we took those two penalties and really got on our heels, they got momentum even though they didn’t score on that, they got momentum, but I’ll give our team credit. We regrouped after the second and came out and played a real strong, first half of the third and then they took it again. Back and forth, two good teams playing hard.
On if he expected a strong push from the Canucks, after winning in Vancouver last week
Yeah, it was a good game. They played well. I haven’t heard [Rick Tocchet’s quotes] but I’m sure he would feel that they played a good hard game and so did we. It goes to overtime and they make a nice play and score. So, we don’t hang our heads on that one. We would have liked two for sure, but we don’t hang our heads. We’ll take a rest tomorrow and we’ll get ready to play the next one.
On the three chances early in the third period and if getting one could’ve swung the game
I mean, those were probably our three best chances of the night. Dewey, I think, hit the post on the inside of the post, and Lewie, the pass across jammed him just a little bit in, it was a little bit in front of his front foot, so he didn’t get it right where he wanted, but that sequence of chances, the way we’re playing defensively, if you get one of those, it could be a different result.
On the team’s play in the neutral zone
I thought we were pretty tight through the neutral zone, but that’s our game, that’s part of our game, and whether it’s Vancouver or anybody else, we take pride in making that a difficult piece of the ice to get through.
On the team moving into the third playoff position in the Pacific with tonight’s point
We want to hold it. If we can continue to play like this, and I think you know you guys follow the team, I think the guys are playing hard. They’re playing a style of hockey that can win, that’s difficult, that can get you into the playoffs. We’ll just have that as what’s right in front of us right now. The league is extremely tight, the standings change every night, but we’re starting to play pretty consistently as the type of game that’s going to get you into the playoffs.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G62-KF.png

2024-G60-KD.png

2024-G58-KGI.png

=========================================

SENATORS PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G62-SF2.png

2024-G62-SD2.png

2024-G62-SGI2.png

Former King
Jonas Korpisalo
2024-G59-Tocchet.png

=======================================

GOALIE COMPARISON

Senators
2024-G62-Sens-Goalies.png
Kings
2024-G62-Kings-Goales.png

Players to Watch
Last 5 games
2024-G62-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

2024-G62-Standings.png

**VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE**

*Today’s Poll Question*

Part 1- How many TOTAL POINTS will be scored by all players in this game who were drafted in 2020?
(Byfield, Laferriere, Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig)
you can take 2 guesses for part 1

Part 2 - The Kings are great at killing penalties (2nd) - the Senators are not (30th). How many TOTAL PENALTY MINUTES:SECONDS will be KILLED by both teams in tonight's game?
ONE guess only - use the MIN:SEC format
+/- 2:00 = 1 point, +/- 1:00 = 2 points, +/- :30 = 3 points

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Miller for GWG and/or 9 total goals in the two Canucks games:

Both (2 points):

AngelEyes
Nyssa42
Chateau Bow Wow

9 Total goals (1 point):
KHenry14
pray4mojo

Miller GWG (1 point):
Madness20721
jammer06
Drum4Pigs
beady eye
Byron
mugs
Rusty
hornman
sonnyboy11
cokingsfan
randdog
Guinevere
Sevenhole
Symbology
forum gold
Bill Hicks
notbob
SirJW
Dr. Tran
Cross Traffic
Jerram
Kurisu
TooCool
VCRW
puckoff
katydid213

King of the Mountain with 44 points - forum gold

41 pts = hornman

40 pts = Angel Eyes, Cross Traffic, notbob

37 pts = jammer06

36 pts = beady eye, VegasHockey

35 pts = Nyssa42, Rusty, VCRW

34 pts = mugs, Randdog, SirJW

33 pts = Guinevere

32 pts = KernCoKingsFan, pray4mojo, puckoff, Shackleford

31 pts = Chateau Bow Wow, katydid213

30 pts = Rogie-Vachon

29 pts = Jerram

28 pts = Dr Tran

27 pts = Liz4LA

26 pts = DRice, Kurisu

25 pts = dannybuoy1, DRGinLBC

24 pts = Bill Hicks, empire, Rog or Reg?

23 pts = Byron

22 pts = Drums4Pigs, KHenry14

21 pts = clif, Rinkrat, TooCool

20 pts = JayWells24, Madness20721, sonnyboy11

19 pts = waynet

18 pts = symbology

17 pts = CIrvine

14 pts = hihocarp, Salty Puck

13 pts = JETS GARAGE

12 pts = Sevenhole

9 pts = cokingsfan

8 pts = fake_it_make_it, Ice24

7 pts = rfischer

6 pts = Busted Chops, Dexter, JC6388LAKings

5 pts = HiFi

4 pts = beedee

2 pts = Ragbone, Tiranga

1 pt = PuckMaster, STONE

2024-G62-Pic2.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings on X

Last edited:
I keep forgetting Dominik Kubalik is still active. Aside from that rookie season, he really hasn't been the prospect we missed out on since. Not like he ever wanted to sign here anyways.

Anyways,

1 or 2 points

11:30 killed

Thank you Nyssa!

3 or 4 points for the class of 20

9:00 PIM killed tonight

This is the annual trip the StaplesCrypt. The GF dons her Sens gear. Me in my Kings gear. We argue. Make up the next day.

As for the questions: who cares. GKG!

Back
Top Bottom