PA Announcer

I'll take the PA announcer everyday over Mikey and whats her name in my ear all game. They are insufferable.

I just wish we could have like 1 minute - ONE MINUTE during the intermission or commercial breaks where our ears are not being assaulted by non-stop mayhem. It starts when then guys come out for warmups and never lets up. Why can't we just cheer during puck drops? Or not cheer. I really think this is why the crowd is so quiet during the actual game.....we are mentally exhausted from the constant onslaught of noise and jumbotron mayhem.

His cadence and inflection when announcing a goal are 100% identical to the cadence and inflection of the Ducks' PA guy calling a goal and that makes me want to puke

I just wish we could have like 1 minute - ONE MINUTE during the intermission or commercial breaks where our ears are not being assaulted by non-stop mayhem. It starts when then guys come out for warmups and never lets up. Why can't we just cheer during puck drops? Or not cheer. I really think this is why the crowd is so quiet during the actual game.....we are mentally exhausted from the constant onslaught of noise and jumbotron mayhem.
They need MOAR BASS

All I've noticed from 3000 miles away is they seem to play the same songs in the same order every night. Maybe it's always been that way.

David Courtney was one of the best to ever do it.

I'm sure we all thought that was gonna be a cup year at that game.

All I've noticed from 3000 miles away is they seem to play the same songs in the same order every night. Maybe it's always been that way.
It's always been that way. A few new ones get added into the rotation now and then.

I'm sure we all thought that was gonna be a cup year at that game.
For a long time, the puck was always in the middle hat, rarely in q or 3, so yeah to ur point rinse and repeat

I fondly remember John Ramsey, who was the PA announcer for all the L.A. teams back in the '60s, '70s, and '80s. His clear, even baritone was delivered without unnecessary grandstanding fanfare. I've missed that kind of announcing for a long, long time . . . but then again, I'm getting as old as dirt.

When the Kings won the cup and were skating on the ice afterwards, taking turns lifting it, I got to go on the ice with the staff and went to where David Courtney's spot by the penalty box and congratulated him. I knew he had gone through the hard times as long as us and wanted to wish him the best. He said "Thanks, now get out there and celebrate!" It was the last time I ever saw him.

When the Kings won the cup and were skating on the ice afterwards, taking turns lifting it, I got to go on the ice with the staff and went to where David Courtney's spot by the penalty box and congratulated him. I knew he had gone through the hard times as long as us and wanted to wish him the best. He said "Thanks, now get out there and celebrate!" It was the last time I ever saw him.
He died about 5 months later. In a sad, ironic twist, that Cup clinching game in 2012 was his last Kings game, because of the lockout the following season (even though he did Angel games that summer and Clipper games the following fall). Furthermore, his last words of that Kings game were: "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Stanley Cup". I was in the arena for about 30 minutes after it ended, and I don't recall him saying anything else.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom