***Pittsburgh Penguins vs. LA Kings GDT 11/9/23 7:30pm on BSW

The only word for tonight’s game by the Kings is STUPID.
Yeah, 2 wraparounds and a shorty on a game where we controlled the play. Three of their goals were giveaways. This reminded me a little of a couple of the brainfart games early last year *cough*(Durzi)*cough.

At the game, it didn't look like we lost from lack of effort. They worked hard. But passes that connected the night before, were just out of reach. And a few bonehead turnovers hung Copley out to dry. Copley didn't play badly... but perhaps Talbot makes one of those saves or makes a rebound go elsewhere. The sharpness wasn't there yet we still got a point. The Pens should be very happy they caught us when they did.

I hate to join in piling on Copley. But allowing 4 goals on 20 shots is horrible. So is allowing a wraparound OT goal, getting it called back, then allowing another wraparound OT goal. He also should've stopped the Eller goal. I hate to say it but it's feeling like another Cal situation from last year. Luckily we've got only 7 games in the next 20 days so we can ride Talbot & not get him tired while Copley figures things out in practice. But if he's not better by the end of the month he should go down.

Also, WTF was Fiala doing on that Eller goal?

Also also, suck it Oilers!

Last edited:
I was in attendance last night and I do believe the Kings did not have their legs. Like many pointed out, they were not sharp. To get a point, we should be honestly happy with the way they played. .

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 4 goals by the winning club and/or 1 goal differential between the teams:

Both (2 Points):
DRGinLBC
KernCoKingFan
CIrvine
Rusty
mugs
SaltyPuck
KHenry14
rfischer
randdog
rinkrat
Nyssa42
empire

4 goals (1 Point):
VCRW
JayWells24
katydid213
beady eye
VegasHockey
waynet
notbob
Jerram
symbology
hornman
Liz4LA
Clif
STONE

1 Goal differential (1 Point):
Dr. Tran
Rogie-Vachon
jammer06
Byron
sonnyboy11
Shackleford
Kurisu
SirJW
beedee
TooCool
dannybuoy1

Big list of winners, too bad the kings couldn't join them but still 3 of 4 is great in a b2b. Now they need to make sure that turns into 5 of 6 since they will have the oddity of a rematch with the flyers which will be again followed by 4 days off. Not sure what Todds plan for Copley will be but assuredly he has to play Talbot so he isn't the one going over a week between games. In regards to the rest of the game, I do think its time to start pondering Fiala. The guy is uber talented for sure to be looking this "off" and collecting this many points. Todd needs to figure out how he wants to drive offense through him, or if he just wants him to hang around and get those stats that he's clearly going to get. Its really a luxury of a problem but one that needs to be sorted if he's going to be the one giving up a goal per game with turnovers to offset what he's bringing to the table. Aside from that points! Just focus on the flyers and then they can focus on all these other issues.

Last edited:
Ugh, I am a do-do. I read the GDT question too fast and thought it was the overall goal total. And here I was all stoked I guessed 7. :fpalm:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom