***Playoffs Rd 1 GAME 2 GDT LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers 4/24/22 7:00pm on TBS, max, & BSW***

What does putting Q back on Kopi’s line, and getting huge gains from that, say about the King’s position on PLD now? Is this an acceptance of the fact they didn’t get the player they bargained for? They’ve given him every chance to succeed, and he still hasn’t stepped up. It was his playoff performance last year vs VGK that sealed his fate with the Jets. Is this just more of the same from our future #1 center?
I'm assuming that is a rhetorical question.

Great Game GKG!!! See you at the Crypt!

kings-oilers.-.jpg

image.jpg

imageedit_7_61659120-16x9-1.jpg

It worked again!!!!

When the Kings are in OT in the playoffs...if I have the ability to do so...I put on the vinyl limited edition of Radiohead's OK Computer and play the song "Lucky" and mute the TV.

So far, so good.

The Kings have won every time.

As soon as I pulled the record out of the sleeve tonight, I started smiling. I knew we'd win.

This one was extra sweet.
Radiohead is truly one of the greats. Saw them once in Calexico during their tour for Hail to the Thief.

Missed last night’s game because I went to see Scott Yoder at Genghis Cohen. What a weird but awesome place. Chinese restaurant with a little side room with a stage. Bands belting it out in there and people in the restaurant eating and talking like the music doesn’t exist.

I got no plans tonight except for reading sad Oiler fan threads after work. Will report back. There is likely a whole novel on Oilers Nation. Scumbags and their Apr. fools joke last year on Mikey getting concussed by McDavid. Gonna be good.

...it's A CLOSE-UP SHOT OF COREY PERRY'S BUTT-UGLY FACE TWO SECONDS AFTER THE GAME WINNER!

that sh*t belongs on the far reaches of the dark web very scary

Kopi really turned back the clock last night. The Kings 2 legends really delivered.

They just wanted to remind everyone what they do :D

Kings with 9 5-on-5 goals in 2 games. I’m still in shock.

While our goaltending may be a bit shaky - Skinner sucks and we can score.

lol my wife posted that on facebook.. screaming TALLLBERRRRTTT by himself all night. shutup real quick at the end for some reason

Last edited:
Gavrikov and Roy were better in Game 2 but they still weren’t good. I’ve never seen Roy bobble more pucks in clearing attempts than he has in the last two games. Gavrikov is just consistently a step behind. I’m sure the two things are connected.

It was great to see Hiller/Yawney break up the d-pairs late in the game.

Kings have a lot of little things to clean up if they want to win Game 3. But can you imagine what’ll happen if they do…

Drew's goal last night reminded me of I think against Vancouver in '12 where he went coast to coast and scored. He can will a few in during the POs.

Radiohead is truly one of the greats. Saw them once in Calexico during their tour for Hail to the Thief.

Missed last night’s game because I went to see Scott Yoder at Genghis Cohen. What a weird but awesome place. Chinese restaurant with a little side room with a stage. Bands belting it out in there and people in the restaurant eating and talking like the music doesn’t exist.

I got no plans tonight except for reading sad Oiler fan threads after work. Will report back. There is likely a whole novel on Oilers Nation. Scumbags and their Apr. fools joke last year on Mikey getting concussed by McDavid. Gonna be good.
Genghis Cohen is a trippy place. My old stopping grounds. My buddy's band played there about 20 years ago.

We followed Radiohead around the western United States on the Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief tours...saw 12 shows total. The highlights were the Amnesiac shows at the Santa Barbara Bowl and front row pit in San Diego for Hail to the Thief...but the real topper is I managed to get in to the KID A show at the Greek. They only played two cities in America on that tour. Most expensive concert tickets I've ever seen ...it's a miracle I got tickets. That was the first time I saw Radiohead and I was hooked.

The last show was at the Marina in San Diego for In Rainbows and quite frankly it kinda sucked. 100° day and the band hit the stage 2 hours late. Half the crowd was passed out on the lawn and they played a short set. The rumor was Jonny was sick. That was the last time we saw the band. I don't really care for their new recordings, but 20 years ago I thought they were one of the best bands in the world. Too bad they got rid of their guitars.

And..."Who Knew every team can do the same"? Stop crying

Hang on there partner...yes, what they did was technically within the rules, but I, like everybody else outside of Vegas, question the integrity of a certain player and his convenient trade-deadline injuries. That's why I believe the team and Mark Stone are cheating. I'm happy to listen to your perspective on the matter, but I bet this gets brought up at the next GMs meeting. Especially if Vegas goes deep, which I think they will.

Gavrikov and Roy were better in Game 2 but they still weren’t good. I’ve never seen Roy bobble more pucks in clearing attempts than he has in the last two games. Gavrikov is just consistently a step behind. I’m sure the two things are connected.
I disagree, they both played well last night. Sure they made mistakes, but covering the forwards and schemes Edmonton has is no joke and they did a good job. It's clear they feel the pressure which ended in Roy missing a few clearing attempts and taking a delay of game penalty, and Gav not always being able to keep up with their speed - but not many players can keep up with a player like McDavid. Overall the top 4 did well and Spence and Englund rose to the occasion.

Talbot, to me, remains the question mark. We need him to play well to win and with that, be more consistent. He made some big saves and missed some easy stops (not all of which ended in a goal). Thankfully he came up big when we needed him, when the score was tied, and never let the Kings fall behind. We will need more of that going forward to win the series.

I disagree, they both played well last night. Sure they made mistakes, but covering the forwards and schemes Edmonton has is no joke and they did a good job. It's clear they feel the pressure which ended in Roy missing a few clearing attempts and taking a delay of game penalty, and Gav not always being able to keep up with their speed - but not many players can keep up with a player like McDavid. Overall the top 4 did well and Spence and Englund rose to the occasion.

Talbot, to me, remains the question mark. We need him to play well to win and with that, be more consistent. He made some big saves and missed some easy stops (not all of which ended in a goal). Thankfully he came up big when we needed him, when the score was tied, and never let the Kings fall behind. We will need more of that going forward to win the series.
Obviously those first two goals can't happen. I know Cam would like to have those back. The look on his face after both goals says it all.

But man, he came up big here. That was the game-changing save I have been referring to that the Kings needed to tie this series up. Draisaitl was in shock. As were all the Oilers fans in the stands.

It doesn't get bigger than this:

Gavrikov was singularly responsible for the lone PP goal by the Oilers. Roy took a delay of game penalty at the end of the period where the Oilers were dominating the Kings and already erased the Kings 2 goal lead. If the Oilers score on that PP the game is probably over. There’s mistakes and there’s potential game/series defining mental errors. They have to be better.

This Kings team is not good enough to win this series without eliminating the self-inflicted poor decisions.

Not much different than the winning goalies

Indeed. 10 GA in 2 games with sub .9 SV% against Edmonton isn't going to win a playoff series. He made a couple great saves in game 2 which was the difference. Fortunately, their goaltender is equally porous. Given the game 2 win, likely Hiller rides Talbert again Friday. If he falters, Hiller should have Rittich on ready-alert.

Somewhat lost in the magic tip assist was the play Spence made leading up to it. Instead of trying to rush to puck out, he circled back to gain space, then passed to Anderson, leading to the winning goal. Veteran play by the kid.

Back
Top Bottom