***Playoffs Rd 1 Gm 1 GDT LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers 7:00pm on ESPN2 & BSSC***

That's a wrap.

Turn off the light, will ya?

Meme Leaving GIF by MOODMAN

I’m sorry but this Oilers team sucks. I know they’re better than the Kings but this version of the Oilers is worse than last years team.

That comeback moment is too little, too late for it to happen, folks. If the Kings can get their act together in Game 2 and beyond, then we'll start having hope. Until then, don't hold your breath and take off your rose-colored glasses.

Skinner looks beatable. Kings need to stop taking stupid penalties...even the slightest one, pro-Canada refs will call it.
I think this is the silver lining here if there is one. Kings can score on this guy and the Oilers aren't perfect.

The Kings had no answer for McDavid, Draisaitl, and Hyman. Unless they figure out how to contain them (staying out of the box would help), then this is over in 4. This was closer to an 8-2 game than 7-4.

nobody's that beatable

last thought - that was the least "playoff hockey" playoff game I can remember.
The first 5 minutes looked good. Kings threw the body around, then the Oilers threw the body. it looked lie the makings of a tough game. However, I do not think the Kings liked getting hit so they backed off. Backed off to a 7-4 loss.

I don’t know - played poorly most
Of the game but still
Didn’t get blown out. That’s something. PLD looked engaged, both penalties against him were questionable. Captain has to be better and pk is simply not going to work because their pp is what it is.

When you say beatable...do you mean like Talbot-beatable?
I do not understand Hiller's decision to start Talbot. It makes no sense.

I don't know what he's seeing out there, but I saw the last two regular season Kings games in person and Talbot looked like sh*t.

Hopefully at least by now, Hiller has the brains to start Rittich next game.

Skinner looks beatable. Kings need to stop taking stupid penalties...even the slightest one, pro-Canada refs will call it.
I'm from Canada and can tell you, they are not Pro Canada, they are Pro Oilers, specifically Pro McDavid. Did you see that call for touching McDavid. Its nauseating . They way to beat them, is to beat them up! I hate the Oilers and would warm my heart to see LA take them out, but then I would hate LA, cause Im a Cancuks fan. hahahaha. Your team cant play regular season hockey against them, it wont work. Gotta wake up, get mad and start pounding!

Where the **** is Kevin Fiala? Jim Fox has been ****ing him off all season and in the most important game of the season he’s completely invisible.
Just a hunch, he may be sick.. the pregame bench shot during the anthem, he was already in a mad sweat, and looked exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom